Gujarat can do riots, Bengal can't: Mamata

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Raj30, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

Gujarat can do riots, Bengal can't: Mamata - The New Indian Express

Stating that "Gujarat can do riots, we can't", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Monday said the western state was flourishing mainly because of the huge funds it was getting from NRIs.

"Do not project Gujarat to me. What Gujarat can do, we can't. Yes we cannot indulge in riots. Gujarat is flourishing because huge funds come from NRIs," she said.

Addressing a rally in Canning in South 24-Parganas, some 55 km from Kolkata, Banerjee expressed her dissatisfaction over the comparison of Gujarat and her state.

"Why there is so much comparison with Gujarat? Their population is far below than ours. They don't have blockades, shutdowns and strikes. They are not under financial debt like us," she said.

Blaming the erstwhile Left Front regime for the precarious financial situation of the state, Banerjee said she was not aware of its poor finances before coming to power.

"Call it unfortunate or whatever, I could not realise that the state was in such a disaster. Only if I would have come to power a few years earlier, the picture would have been different," she said.

She also attacked the central government which has not allowed a moratorium of the state's debts, in spite of her repeated demands.

"We have to pay more than what we earn," she said.

3. Sam2012

Sam2012 Tihar Jail Banned

Why in India every one seems to be attacking Modi?:rolleyes: congress , BJP own party members , Janatha etc all are out for MODI's head

This madam called a student Maoist were she failed to answer simple question funny . If a monkey gets a garland what will that monkey to with garland ?:lol: that hold good to Mamatha madam winning polls in WB

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

ho ho ho..direct action day, noakhali genocide, Deganga riots were all done by Bengalis.

Even today many small incidents keep happening which are suppressed and not reported.

A chauhan and parijataka like this.
  5. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

But you can be origin of naxalism?

Why do you have these?

Why are you?

Raj30 likes this.
  6. WMD

WMD Regular Member

sounds like winners have a plan, losers have an excuse.

aragorn, parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Stupid comments by the CM.

8. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

by that logic kerela should have become the most developed state in India....

parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  9. Sam2012

Sam2012 Tihar Jail Banned

One thing is for sure , nobody in political circles like Modi except Indian public everyone seems to take a dig at him & earn publicity now this lady tarzan has joined the league of extraordinary monkey's

Digvijaysingh
    Nitish kumar
    Soniagandhi
    rahulgandhi
    etc

keep it up :)

10. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

Many (delusional)Malbaries actually think it is....

Neil likes this.
  11. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Violence against Hindus continues. Not many moons ago, two Hindus were beheaded by muslims.

Secret info: Deganga, scene of 2010 riots is in Gujarat, not Bengal. Those who say contrary on FB will be arrested.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  12. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

Does Didi know a little history....

that the communal roits actually started in India with the Division of Bengal in 1905 ?

That Hindu revival movements started from Bangal with Swami Dayanad Sarswati etc...

That the Founder of Jan Sangh Shyama Parshad Mukherji was a Bengali.. and Jana Sangh started from Bengal...

That the fundamntalist kind of Hindu writtings like those of Bankim Chandra Chatterji's Anand Math staterd from Bengal..

Didi is certainly hiding Bengali propencities to swing on to extremes ... most of the time on extremes... be it communal roits, fundamentalism (origins of Zamat being in Bangal), Naxalism of Charu Mazumdar or Kanu Sanyal or licking British Empire Arse ( Nirad C Chaudhary) or modern day Arundhotti Roy... Didi herself is an extremist in gas...

By nature they are extremists..... on short fuze...

Bengali members of the forum need not take general offense but only contest facts.... apologies if required is hereby rendered.

13. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Agree being a bengali myself.

14. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Ridiculous ,is riot sweet or rape to do it.May cnn was asking question to get this kind of answer

15. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Didi is getting desperate. She only knows how to obstruct and not how to run the state machinery. First the target was the PM and now the Gujarat CM.

With party full of goons and yes men nothing better is going to happen in Bengal.

Her recent attempts to attract investment in Gujarat have fallen flat on the face. She should better spend her energy trying to do something for the state rather than go on a ranting spree.

16. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

If Gujrat can do riots and get peaceful and prosperous then it is great recipe for Mamata Didi.

Just bash up the Maoists and Naxalites band get peaceful and prosperous.

People of Bengal would love it. Do not just scare away investment, just as this great Didi did it. Welcome it back. Do not make an issue with 400 acres of land. That was to attract votes. Now Didiji, you have the votes now, show the people of Bengal investment, factories and jobs.

17. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

@Bhadra

The current gen of Mid. class bongs are extreme thinkers, lower middle class are extreme talkers (even after shutting of most of co., they still cry 'cholche na cholbe na), the elites are extreme chauvinist, the scholars are extreme left.

but, collectively they are extremely useless nonconstructive fools!

just see how they elected an extremely immeasurably egoistic moron with an identity crisis.

parijataka, KS and panduranghari like this.
  18. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

I have no intentions of picking up gauntlets with any of them.

But it sadens me to see decline in the intellectual standards of Bongs. After all they began with being torch bearers of the country. Alas ! CPM have reduced then to a trade union rubble.

Bongs have lost out on India. Their early advantage of being Babus has been lost over to Biharies, Punjabies and Southies . Bengalies are no longer intellectual militants driving the country. CPM have converted them into parasites of low expectation who can only shout "Cholbo Na" . There are no longer Boses, Sharats and Bankims amongst them. Their Dakshinamurti has calmed down or hybernating in "Yog Nidra".

Their intellectual sense of Ekla Chalo has been lost for ever and no one to follow them. That is why they need such a "Didi" to lead them. Bangladeshies are somehow picking that up that spirit of Ekla Chalo.

It is a shame that their Tea and other products are exported from Kandla (Gujrat) and Haldia (Bengal) as a port has died down.

parijataka likes this.
  19. jackprince

@Bhadra
    I didn't mind, Bhadra.

Truth to be said, I once subscribed to the "extreme thinker, no doer" category myself. I was tea-cup revolutionary myself, before coming to Guj and seeing for myself what development means! If not for my job and ultimately my family, I wouldn't leave Guj. I still hate to.

As for Bongs in general, they are leaderless and radarless. In past elections, they didn't vote for Mamata but against Lefts. And there is hardly some worthwhile leader in horizon that the bongs can vote for and see some change for good. There is nobody, but the lefts for replacement, which is really sad.

In short the future of Bengal is pretty bleak.

parijataka and KS like this.
  20. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

first of all i would like to point out the fact that people of Bengal are not "Bongs" rather they are Bengalis.secondly,Bengali middle class are not extremists by nature,but yeah some of us are indeed ultra nationalists!i myself being a Bengali can vouch for these facts!the main problem of Bengal is that we don't have people like Mr.Atal Vihari Vajpayee or Shri Narendra Modiji to lead us.the BJP doesn't have a strong root in Bengal and neither they have planned to gain a strong foothold here in the near future.the current BJP leadership of Bengal are worthless to lead the people here.its a reality that the future of Bengal is looking bleak because of the political parties like CPM(anti-national party) and Trinomool Congress(a party that can only talk big things but don't have the capability to do anything constructive).so you can clearly see that we Bengalis are helpless as we are stuck in the middle of two hard rocks!the conditions of Bengal can only improve if we have a party like the BJP running the state government under an able leadership otherwise its adios Bengal!:ranger:

21. jackprince

Tumi nischoi jano ei "Bong" kara?

By Bong I meant the new gen of bengalis who hardly can speak a sentence in pure bengali even if their lives depended on it