Growing calls from Islamists at Egypt to destroy Pyramids

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Calls to Destroy Egypt's Great Pyramids Begin | FrontPage Magazine
Random Excerpts:

According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt's Great Pyramids—or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi'i, those "symbols of paganism," which Egypt's Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax...

...Nor is such a course of action implausible. History is laden with examples of Muslims destroying their own pre-Islamic heritage—starting with Islam's prophet Muhammad himself, who destroyed Arabia's Ka'ba temple, transforming it into a mosque.

Asking "What is it about Islam that so often turns its adherents against their own patrimony?" Daniel Pipes provides several examples, from Medieval Muslims in India destroying their forefathers' temples, to contemporary Muslims destroying their non-Islamic heritage in Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Malaysia, and Tunisia....

Currently, in what the International Criminal Court is describing as a possible "war crime," Islamic fanatics are destroying the ancient heritage of the city of Timbuktu in Mali—all to Islam's triumphant war cry, "Allahu Akbar!"

Much of this hate for their own pre-Islamic heritage is tied to the fact that, traditionally, Muslims do not identify with this or that nation, culture, heritage, or language, but only with the Islamic nation—the Umma.

Accordingly, while many Egyptians—Muslims and non-Muslims alike—see themselves as Egyptians, Islamists have no national identity, identifying only with Islam's "culture," based on the "sunna" of the prophet and Islam's language, Arabic. This sentiment was clearly reflected when the former Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Muhammad Akef, declared "the hell with Egypt," indicating that the interests of his country are secondary to Islam's.

It is further telling that such calls are being made now—immediately after a Muslim Brotherhood member became Egypt's president. In fact, the same reports discussing the call to demolish the last of the Seven Wonders of the Word, also note that Egyptian Salafis are calling on Morsi to banish all Shias and Baha'is from Egypt.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Peace Loving Tolerant Religion! :namaste:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Destroying civilizations is secular ! Now I believe destroying their glorious past and traces - would also be new secular/liberal mantra of the days to come!

P.S: KSA has effectively eliminated the traces of their Glorious unislamic past!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I need to see Pyramids before it's destroyed.

I guess these Islamic Terrorists should give a deadline to all the non-believer people in the world to see Great Pyramids. Would they be kind enough? :confused:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Destroying civilizations is secular ! Now I believe destroying their glorious past and traces - would also be new secular/liberal mantra of the days to come!

P.S: KSA has effectively eliminated the traces of their Glorious unislamic past!
Shhhh... you evil RSS/Neo-Nazi. You should be Secular as well. :taunt:

IBSA

Country flag
I have my doubts if this will occur, because the Egypt's economy is very dependent of tourism revenues, and the main turistic attraction of Egypt is the Pyramids. If islamists destroys it, they will destroy the Egypt economy also.

I think the Egypt will not allows this happens. And if islamists do this, they will not has approval of Egypt people, for Egyptians are proud of their glorious past. During the riots against Mubarak, I saw on TV people doing a human chord around the Cairo Museum to protect their historic patrimony against robberies. If islamists blows up the Pyramids, I think the people will seek they and lynch.

Egypt, though all political problems, is not a powerless state as Mali.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I have my doubts if this will occur, because the Egypt's economy is very dependent of tourism revenues, and the main turistic attraction of Egypt is the Pyramids. If islamists destroys it, they will destroy the Egypt economy also.

I think the Egypt will not allows this happens. And if islamists do this, they will not has approval of Egypt people, for Egyptians are proud of their glorious past. During the riots against Mubarak, I saw on TV people doing a human chord around the Cairo Museum to protect their historic patrimony against robberies. If islamists blows up the Pyramids, I think the people will seek they and lynch.

Egypt, though all political problems, is not a powerless state as Mali.
Let's hope so! Once Afghanistan was an Egalitarian society under Shahi rulers, people were open minded and liberal! Then came the religion of peace.........For some moment under communism AFG attained its past glory....then came the Taliban and the Bahamian Budha went Kaboom! People din't do shyt there!

Egypt being the epicenter of Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic imperialism after KSA; hence, I have my doubts that Islamic people will ever lynch islamists during any event! It's yet to happen, and logically speaking is impossible in an Islamic society until unless Military takes a stand against the islamists!

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Egypt derives very large earnings from the tourist trade, who come only for the Pyramids. If the pyramids cease to exist then what will happen to Egypt.

If this is the result of the spring uprising then to hell with it. The dictators were better off.

I agree with rock127, I should immediately plan a trip to Egypt.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Less number of Pyramids, less number of places where Devil can hide. Infidels have polluted this earth with their culture which goes against the tenets of Islam. Islam is the most modern system, who wants those stone-age architectures to survive? We need to modernize.
Spoken like a true Mullah :D

KS

Bye bye DFI
They can outsource the work to the Talibunnies who are experienced demolition experts. :taunt:

LOL there is nothing glorious - even about their pre-Islamic past. :rotflmao:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I wonder what purpose it serves in the end
It reminds me of someone who argued with me here sometimes back, when I said Hindus are the native people of India that person reached Africa and said Humans originated in Africa and so Hindus are not native people of India :lol:

Perhaps these Islamists want to erase the traces of History so that no one can raise a voice against them in the future saying that Egypt belongs to ancient Egyptians and not Muslims.

amitkriit

Has anybody heard about Cultural Genocide? Here is how it works:
a) Suppress all dissenting voices, and eliminate the elders, leaders amongst the dissenters. Accept followers, reward them with promotions, perks in the name of equality. Reject local beliefs, traditions, history.
b) Eliminate all traces of local history, particularly the cultural symbols.
c) Minimize the interaction of the target groups with outside world except yourself and inject moles. Spread propaganda telling people how you are better.
d) Wait for a few decades, keep repeating steps a,b, and c. In absence of leaders, and cultural symbols a void is created within the target community.
e) Now it is time to move in, crush the dissent with full force (there won't be many) and encourage people to accept your system. Since you have gotten rid of all competitions you can impose your will on the target population without much resistance (Peaceful, Bloodless Revolution).

This is how Christianity spread in Africa and South America. This is how the "Religion of Peace" became a dominant religion in Arab's neighbourhood.

Cultural genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
It reminds me of someone who argued with me here sometimes back, when I said Hindus are the native people of India that person reached Africa and said Humans originated in Africa and so Hindus are not native people of India :lol:

Perhaps these Islamists want to erase the traces of History so that no one can raise a voice against them in the future saying that Egypt belongs to ancient Egyptians and not Muslims.
Let me mention an epic from a Paki on a Paki forum..... he said that "Pakistanis are more close to Moroccans in culture/tradition than Indians"

And no wonder he was the butt of the joke throughout the over-stretched thread.

pmaitra

Sometimes it is necessary to drill some sense into the minds of the fanatics. As much as one may cry civilian casualties, this policy works wonders. Just like the Soviet Army would bomb villages into oblivion, to enforce their writ in Afghanistan, let the world amass it's forces and be ready the start a relentless bombing campaign the moment anyone tries to destroy the Egyptian Pyramids.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Let me mention an epic from a Paki on a Paki forum..... he said that "Pakistanis are more close to Moroccans in culture/tradition than Indians"

And no wonder he was the butt of the joke throughout the over-stretched thread.
was it our behated hamid unlce

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles