Gross Unprofessionalism

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
At this rate, there will be a flurry of Girl Friends and wives who will use this excuse to be with their beaus and husband and, as the quaint US phrase goes - in harm's way!

And who is a journalist? Who can say that a person who wrote for a school magazine is not a journalist too?

And if these women die, then the US Govt will be holding the can!

Having your cake and eating it too, right?

Utter nonsense.

One wonders how the Officer Commanding allowed this!

thethinker

Country flag
@Ray - Sir, this is not surprising at all.

The list of "fun" killings and harming innocent civilians is endless under US military occupation. Lest it be pointed out here, one gets accused of DFI being a pro-Putin, anti-Yank forum.

One of the snipers with highest kills was a Navy Seal named Chris Kyle. It turns out he used to shoot "ragheads" for fun regardless of the threat perception and to inflate body count. It takes a twisted person to enjoy shooting unarmed people from distance.

A similar incident was in Afghanistan when an entire village of innocent civilians was wiped out just for "kicks" and whole thing was covered up till recently. This has been going on ever since Vietnam war and even before that.

There are many many false heroes pertaining to US military along with false tales of valour but pointing them out would result in a lot of unpleasantries.

Last edited by a moderator:

lookieloo

What is it about ?
I'll hit the low points....... Douchebag SF officer thinks he's so much better than anyone else that he can sneak his reporter-girlfriend downrange like Rucksack Ronda and let her play soldier while he feeds her and her journalist friends bull$hit about how he came up with military doctrine that's already ~70 years-old. Oh... and he's also an a$$hole who likes killing.

That this disgraceful behavior/attitude wasn't picked-up by the mainstream press and reported for what was is beyond me....... that it was picked-up by Huff-post and extolled is simply mind-boggling.

As per thread-title: Gross unprofessionalism, by Maj. Grant, by his reporter-slut, and by Huff-post. A complete slap-in-the-face to any proper military professional who's done his or her damndest to accomplish the mission and abide by the same rules as everyone else. This sociopath was rightly kicked-out but is having his behavior rewarded nonetheless. As someone with an honorable discharge, that's probably what pisses me off the most.

BTW, here's the girfriend:

Not exactly worth losing one's career over, is she?

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Somebody's obsession with Chris Kyle aside, Ann Scott Tyson has a face that would stop an 8-day clock.

Hell, she doesn't need a gun to kill anybody, she could kill with her Medusa looks.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
@Ray - Sir, this is not surprising at all.

The list of "fun" killings and harming innocent civilians is endless under US military occupation. Lest it be pointed out here, one gets accused of DFI being a pro-Putin, anti-Yank forum.

One of the snipers with highest kills was a Navy Seal named Chris Kyle. It turns out he used to shoot "ragheads" for fun regardless of the threat perception and to inflate body count. It takes a twisted person to enjoy shooting unarmed people from distance.

A similar incident was in Afghanistan when an entire village of innocent civilians was wiped out just for "kicks" and whole thing was covered up till recently. This has been going on ever since Vietnam war and even before that.

There are many many false heroes pertaining to US military along with false tales of valour but pointing them out would result in a lot of unpleasantries.
IA should get Chris Kyle to train its snipers. This is a defense forum. If you want to get all weepy about people getting killed, join an Amnesty International forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sob

W.G.Ewald

Professional
By the way, as you all get your panties in a twist, read this from Gant's commander in a letter to him.

...a 2012 letter to Gant from Lt. Gen. John Mulholland, then-deputy commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command. The romance, boozing and drugs, Mulholland told Gant, "disgraced you as an officer and seriously compromised your character as a gentleman."
That's how the US Army sees him, a disgrace.

Reactions: sob

W.G.Ewald

Professional
At this rate, there will be a flurry of Girl Friends and wives who will use this excuse to be with their beaus and husband and, as the quaint US phrase goes - in harm's way!

And who is a journalist? Who can say that a person who wrote for a school magazine is not a journalist too?

And if these women die, then the US Govt will be holding the can!

Having your cake and eating it too, right?

Utter nonsense.

One wonders how the Officer Commanding allowed this!
The CO didn't "allow" this.

[Q]uot[ing] a 2012 letter to Gant from Lt. Gen. John Mulholland, then-deputy commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command. The romance, boozing and drugs, Mulholland told Gant, "disgraced you as an officer and seriously compromised your character as a gentleman."
Let's not forget GEN Petraeus and his girlfriend and their antics in the same theater.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is a thread and not a boxing ring.
Please stick to the topic and present evidence alongside for all your assertions/responses.
Anymore of settling personal scores here will lead to bans.

happy

Somebody's obsession with Chris Kyle aside, Ann Scott Tyson has a face that would stop an 8-day clock.

Hell, she doesn't need a gun to kill anybody, she could kill with her Medusa looks.
Ha ha ha...is that pic before the afghan adventure or after ???

bennedose

If I may say so - this is an exceedingly badly written article and it takes an effort for me to try and understand what the chap is trying to say. He says this is a story about a story and the url reads "war is boring". Well the article about war being boring is boring. I couldn't finish reading it and I believe the entire article could have been summarized in 30 words.

lookieloo

If I may say so - this is an exceedingly badly written article and it takes an effort for me to try and understand what the chap is trying to say. He says this is a story about a story and the url reads "war is boring". Well the article about war being boring is boring. I couldn't finish reading it and I believe the entire article could have been summarized in 30 words.
... which pretty much what I did in the fifth post. You're absolutely right though; David Axe is the Perez Hilton of defense-industry journalism, but on this matter, he and I are in complete agreement.

pkroyal

I'll hit the low points....... Douchebag SF officer thinks he's so much better than anyone else that he can sneak his reporter-girlfriend downrange like Rucksack Ronda and let her play soldier while he feeds her and her journalist friends bull$hit about how he came up with military doctrine that's already ~70 years-old. Oh... and he's also an a$$hole who likes killing.

That this disgraceful behavior/attitude wasn't picked-up by the mainstream press and reported for what was is beyond me....... that it was picked-up by Huff-post and extolled is simply mind-boggling.

As per thread-title: Gross unprofessionalism, by Maj. Grant, by his reporter-slut, and by Huff-post. A complete slap-in-the-face to any proper military professional who's done his or her damndest to accomplish the mission and abide by the same rules as everyone else. This sociopath was rightly kicked-out but is having his behavior rewarded nonetheless. As someone with an honorable discharge, that's probably what pisses me off the most.

BTW, here's the girfriend:

Not exactly worth losing one's career over, is she?
If this is the one, then surely there must be something more to it than just her face. She gives ugly a bad name.

Maybe she has other qualities which none of us are aware of which the her beau finds interesting ?? who knows?

Humping & doing drugs on duty in the war zone, unprofessional yes! reason for envy more so!!

My query is , was he a good fighter? ( not condoning his aberrations) people react differently to pressure, more so commanders on ground. In the war zone there is an overriding need to have sex during a break or off time from enemy engagement, as there is fear of death . Humans are psychologically wired to pass of their genes & have sex when uncertainty looms for a longer period.

No value judgement please. I have stated a scientific fact. Human behavior is prone to regulation for society / civilization to exist under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Tihar Jail
Banned
I did some research on this Chris kyle and he is a true American monster, a true rakshasa. He killed every male from 16-65 he saw in an illegal war that has killed over hundreds of thousands of people. Such villains are worshipped by America. Collective karma will not spare land of the free: America.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is true that combat, to include fear of death or there being no tomorrow to be seen next day, does put a severe strain on any soldier or commander.

Yet, battle is fought not by a single gung ho soldier, even if he in some way the more daring one, but the collective synergy of the team in action.

It is for the commanders to ensure that all are on the same page so that winning synergy is conjured and the battle won.

Having psychological misfits, no matter how gung ho, can break that cohesive, collective synergy essential to ensure that the battle is won.

Sex or drug dependency to erupt the gung ho spirit is but a fig leaf for deviants.

As deviant as having to win a battle with ruthless psychopaths, who ravage the countryside.

War is brutal no doubt, and yet still is not a treatise of the lower instincts.

Nor is it a high moral preserve.

It is somewhere where decency and the unfortunate necessity to do harm to the other finds a balance.

Just a thought!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles