Greetings Gentlemen

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
hijacking a thread

Hi Rage
Didn't mean to hijack your welcome thread.

I'm a huge Mig-29 fan but can't stand how long it takes Russia to produce your fighters, the K model Fulcrums. Look forward to the first real ever made upgraded Fulcrum to take to the skies.

Love reading about dissimilar combat between different fighters and reading about pilots talking about their fighters.

Would like to India buy western type fighters and weapons and not be tied down to mainly Russia so much.

Would like to see the US and India become closer on many different levels.

Would like to see a strong anti-terrorism program between out two countries be formed which includes military training and sharing information.

I also would like to see India do better at saving the tigers in India as well.

Rage

DFI TEAM
No worries rock45, I'm just hustlin' ya :D. 's all good.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you're American (I assume from your post). It's always an honour and a privilege to have foreign nationals on this forum- adds perspective and substance to the discussion.

I am a fan of Mig 29's myself. Unfortunately, we don't seem to do a very good job with local assemblage here in India, with the unfortunate and undignified result that they have come to be sardonically referred to as "flying coffins". :( Still, it is a great bird, as the testimony of the USAF pilot at the recent Red Flag exercises at the Nellis AFB will undoubtedly bring to bear.

Yes, I do agree that India ought to diversify its weapons sources- something that is no doubt already happening with several JV's and procurements from Israel, and to some extent, the US. But years of reliance on Russian hardware and the need for upgrades and maintenance of some of our Soviet-era systems means that this relationship has assumed 'pseudo-symbiotic' proportions- a dependence we will have to relinquish especially given Russia's recent ridiculously extortive behaviour as regards the Adm. Gorshkhov.

I am all for cooperation with the US on multiple levels, and it seems my leaders think the same way too: it would interest you to know that India and the US have conducted more than 50 joint exercises in recent years, a good beginning to say the least.

Keep active and posting on this forum. I for one am already enjoying your company :D

Rage

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles