Greatest threat to Muslim world is from within: Malaysia

drkrn

United Nations: Muslims around the world need to unite against extremists who are using Islam as an excuse to commit violence, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak has said.

Moderation is the key to winning the battle being waged for the future of Islam, the prime minister told the UN General Assembly Saturday.

"Around the world, extremism is taking lives and crushing opportunity. This affects us all; but it is one people, of one faith, who suffer most," Xinhua quoted him as saying.

"I believe the greatest threat to Muslims today comes not from the outside world, but from within," he said.

The prime minister said the conflict between Sunni and Shia threatened the lives and livelihood of millions of Muslims, from Syria and Lebanon to Iraq and Pakistan.

"Our religion -- founded on peace and premised on tolerance -- is being twisted by extremists, who are deploying false arguments to foster division and justify violence," he said.

"Across the Islamic world, extremists are wrapping their perverse agenda in religious cloth; tearing families, countries and the ummah apart," he said, referring to the collective community of Muslims.

But Muslims were not powerless to act, Razak said.

"I believe moderation in religion and the political process can stem the loss of life and liberty in the Muslim world. Behind the tragic violence, there is a battle being waged for the future of Islam."

He said that by reaffirming the commitment to moderation and solving the political problems that drive instability, "we can seize back the center ground" and marginalise the extremists.

"We should not mistake moderation for weakness," he said.

"To face those baying for violence and call instead for calm is a sign not of frailty but of strength. Muslim leaders should speak up and condemn such violence, lest their silence is mistaken for acceptance."

Greatest threat to Muslim world is from within: Malaysia

drkrn

at last one muslim country spokes on UN stage against religious terrorism.....

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
the only good muslims country are Turkey,Malaysia and Indonesia.

note- Indonesia is in the list because i like indonesian gals :rolleyes:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
the only good muslims country are Turkey,Malaysia and Indonesia.

note- Indonesia is in the list because i like indonesian gals :rolleyes:
turkey is on its way to become pakistan, they are harbouring wahabhi scum to attack syria just like pakis did. but in the end justice always prevails and they will themselves get stung hard.

jmj_overlord

what about jordan and Morocco...surely there maybe terror cells, but are under surveillance, right ?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
turkey is on its way to become pakistan, they are harbouring wahabhi scum to attack syria just like pakis did. but in the end justice always prevails and they will themselves get stung hard.
they are doing it to please there american and european master.we all know turkey is a lapdog of US and europe.

erdogan is an islamic extremist but due to democracy and secularism people are opposing his policies and he will be gone in next election

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Greatest threat is from the Saudis who are using money power and fundamentalism to subvert the mind!

gokussj9

Country flag
Greatest threat is from the Saudis who are using money power and fundamentalism to subvert the mind!
Sir, as much as the blame goes to Saudi's one has to examine the psyche of the numerous followers as well. They willingly choose to follow the ideology as long as it is convenient for them such as enjoying four wives, sense of superiority over the kuffar and license to exploit them using Jizz-yeah and almost no restrictions on sense gratification. It is when the inconvenience begins in the form of humiliation at the hands of superior races like Arabs, Turks or some internal fight between different sects etc. the ideology becomes a problem for them and then they think of reforms. In fact this is what pakiness is all about as the south asian muslims seem to be wanting more arab than the arabs e.g. the mufti in India going one step forward and ordaining that watching tv is unislamic and thinking that he knows better than the arab mullahs. In this kinda scenario, one can easily see the followers are actually inviting Saudi's to take control of them out of their own volition.

dealwithit

Truely a possible best speach from PM of Muslim world ... I have ever heard.

If you lead the way.. there will be movement in India...bangladesh or even in pakistan also...

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Najib always goes to Western countries and loves to yap about "moderation & Islam".
He knows that the naive western audiences will just be gushing and will eat that crap up like a kid in a candy store.

The truth is that Malaysia is becoming more conservative muslim by the day.
Trying applying for permission to build a church or temple in Malaysia - you will wait until you are dead.

Hindu temples are being torn down. Christian are conducting Sunday services in shop houses because they cant get government permit to build a church.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Najib always goes to Western countries and loves to yap about "moderation & Islam".
He knows that the naive western audiences will just be gushing and will eat that crap up like a kid in a candy store.

The truth is that Malaysia is becoming more conservative muslim by the day.
Trying applying for permission to build a church or temple in Malaysia - you will wait until you are dead.

Hindu temples are being torn down. Christian are conducting Sunday services in shop houses because they cant get government permit to build a church.
This is some interesting information. On another thread, we were discussing whether or not Malaysia has de facto institutionalized racism. It seems that "liberal, progressive" Malaysia discriminates not only on the basis of race/ethnicity, but religion as well. Of course, these factors are interlinked (most Malays are Muslims, and many non-Malays in Malaysia are not).

I personally think the United States should invade Malaysia and topple the blatantly racist and discriminatory regime, and install one that is more civilized and has more respect for human rights. I want to know @asianobserve's opinion of my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We'll see in 20 years if our model is right. I admit that our system needs changes and if the showing of the opposition is any indication there seems to be a growing popular sentiment towards a more modified and inclusive system. But what is important to us as we implement these changes is not to upset the relative balance that has been achieved in the last 30 years. As what the old saying goes: slowly but surely.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We'll see in 20 years if our model is right. I admit that our system needs changes and if the showing of the opposition is any indication there seems to be a growing popular sentiment towards a more modified and inclusive system. But what is important to us as we implement these changes is not to upset the relative balance that has been achieved in the last 30 years. As what the old saying goes: slowly but surely.
you want obama as your masta or not ?

I reckon @W.G.Ewald would be willing to transfer the services of obama to malaysia

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
you want obama as your masta or not ?

I reckon @W.G.Ewald would be willing to transfer the services of obama to malaysia
Obama himself has said he would prefer to be president of China, probably because no dissent is allowed there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles