Grand Prix or Grand Pricks?

pmaitra

Grand Prix or Grand Pricks?

Q: What is the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?
A: With the Porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Anyway, this is a gross generalization, but my personal experience has been rather shoddy with BMW drivers, especially those that drive the 3 series ones.

Hey, hey, hang on ye BMW owners. Before you jump out and accuse me of being envious of your wealth - thus further reinforcing the negative stereotype about BMW drivers, understand that it is rather easy for many of us to drive out on a BMW; and personally, I know many wealthy people, like those that own Mercedes-Benz or Jaguars, or an acquaintance of mine who actually owns a Cessna-206, and yes, I do not feel any envy towards them. The reason why I find most BMW drivers to be morons is because they (1) cut you off unsafely, (2) change lanes without using indicators, (3) tailgate, (4) flash, even when I am going at the speed limit, etc..

Here is an account that I found very funny:

My Personal Vendetta Against BMW Drivers

I have always hated BMW drivers. Its just something about how arrogant they are, or how they think they own the roads around here. Now, I'm not being presumptuous because I don't just judge them by the way they drive - personal interactions have also been added into account as well.

The "stereotypical" BMW driver is a 20-40 something year old guy who is usually a business exec or something special like that. He thinks that because he paid $60,000 for his vehicle he has all the right to weave in and out of traffic, cut in front of others, and basically disregard all common-sense rules of the road. Now, granted, not all BMW are of the stereotypical variety, but they all tend to drive like jerks nonetheless.

I had an experience with one such driver last night, and not only did he cut in front of me while making an illegal lane change, he then decided to egg me on by laughing while stuck side-by-side at the very next red light. I decided to be *tactful* and just wave at him, leaving him with a message of "Thank you very much, jerk." He decided that he wanted to have more fun with me and continued to laugh and stare directly at me, trying to engage me into retaliation.

At this point, typically I would have flipped him the finger and felt justified, but I decided to take it a step further since he wanted to play that kind of game. As the traffic signal changed from red to green, I drove off of the line smoothly and he revved his engine to show how masculine he was. I then made a gesture with my thumb and pointer finger about an inch away from each other and waved it in my passenger window so he could get a good view. I mouthed the words, "This big," to him, and at first he didn't understand what I was saying, but after a minute he did and the look on his face was very surprised. "Your d***," I mouthed and pointed to my crotch, "is this big," while using the hand gesture. Yes, I have balls. If you want to play games on the road with me, I will play back. Oh, by the way, I was already in a combative mood so you know I was ready to go.

He didn't seem to happy with me after that, and he decided to become even MORE of an aggressive driver. He drove at the same speed that I did and waved his iPhone in the window [I don't understand the purpose of this] and made a crude gesture at me in regards to what I put in my mouth. That didn't bother me one bit, and from that point on I chose to ignore him. He weaved in and out of traffic to tail me, and tried to do anything in his power for me to engage him further in his little game. He honked his horn to get my attention, but I just sang quietly and drank my coffee as I drove to my destination. I was satisfied that I got my point across.

So, my dear BMW drivers, this is to you: I am waging war against you. If you want to drive like an ass, I will NOT give the finger, because that just doesn't say enough. I will, however, let you know in my own way that I think your driving is unacceptable and that you are an ass. I do not appreciate the way that you drive, thinking that you are all that just because you own a too-expensive, self-important jerk-mobile.
Source: Miss Jacki: My Personal Vendetta Against BMW Drivers

And, it's not only in the US, apparently.
BMW drivers are angriest on road

Here is a nice discussion on car-type stereotypes.
Typical owners of different car brands - SkyscraperCity

So, what are your driving experiences, and what type of people, or cars, annoy you the most? Please rant, . . . , err, share. :)

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Hahaha ................... and in India these people would go crazy because everyone here drives as if it's our own road. We drive every where, over take from any place/direction possible, make sharp cuts without signals, in fact one senses the other will take a turn by the slight shift in the direction of the head of the person driving, by and large there isn't much of a concept of signal driving here, we can stop without any parking signs, we can honk endlessly, we can have slow moving traffic right in the middle of a highway, people and stray animals crossing highways ............... and if nothing works, road rage can be quite convinent ........................ that's our roads and I love driving here :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles