Grand Prix or Grand Pricks?

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by pmaitra, Nov 9, 2012.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Grand Prix or Grand Pricks?

Q: What is the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?
    A: With the Porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Anyway, this is a gross generalization, but my personal experience has been rather shoddy with BMW drivers, especially those that drive the 3 series ones.

Hey, hey, hang on ye BMW owners. Before you jump out and accuse me of being envious of your wealth - thus further reinforcing the negative stereotype about BMW drivers, understand that it is rather easy for many of us to drive out on a BMW; and personally, I know many wealthy people, like those that own Mercedes-Benz or Jaguars, or an acquaintance of mine who actually owns a Cessna-206, and yes, I do not feel any envy towards them. The reason why I find most BMW drivers to be morons is because they (1) cut you off unsafely, (2) change lanes without using indicators, (3) tailgate, (4) flash, even when I am going at the speed limit, etc..

Here is an account that I found very funny:

Source: Miss Jacki: My Personal Vendetta Against BMW Drivers

And, it's not only in the US, apparently.
    BMW drivers are angriest on road

Here is a nice discussion on car-type stereotypes.
    Typical owners of different car brands - SkyscraperCity

So, what are your driving experiences, and what type of people, or cars, annoy you the most? Please rant, . . . , err, share. :)
  3. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Feb 19, 2009
    Hahaha ................... and in India these people would go crazy because everyone here drives as if it's our own road. We drive every where, over take from any place/direction possible, make sharp cuts without signals, in fact one senses the other will take a turn by the slight shift in the direction of the head of the person driving, by and large there isn't much of a concept of signal driving here, we can stop without any parking signs, we can honk endlessly, we can have slow moving traffic right in the middle of a highway, people and stray animals crossing highways ............... and if nothing works, road rage can be quite convinent ........................ that's our roads and I love driving here :D
  4. uvbar

uvbar Regular Member

Oct 9, 2012
    its gran pri ( its french man) phonetically