Gran tourismo 5 PS3

shaka

Are there any racing gamers here? Has anybody got/played this game? Online reviews aren't very great I have to say.

Loved GT4 (PS2). it was very addicting. still play it some times.

I dont have PS3 currently. but want to know about this game.

tharikiran

Country flag
Are there any racing gamers here? Has anybody got/played this game? Online reviews aren't very great I have to say.

Loved GT4 (PS2). it was very addicting. still play it some times.

I dont have PS3 currently. but want to know about this game.

I bought this game couple of days back.Played a little. Graphics are very good.Which we expect from a game like this.
you have this A spec and B spec. I felt, I wont be playing the B spec at all. As I can't relate to mentoring some artificial driver.
There have been this comparision with Forza 3 in the reviews and fanboys are fighting all over it.
May be buying Forza 3 will be a good idea too.

Since, you have gone though the reviews you must be knowing all the features and aspects of this game.
I bought it because I wanted it, not because some reviewer said good or bad stuff about it.Because, if we want it and don't have it, we will be regretting it.
I recommend the same for you when it comes to any game.

I had Cod:Modern warfare for PC and Modern warfare 2 for pc.

But, when I bought the PS3, I made sure I bought the PS3 versions of these games again.
I recently bought Black ops too. And before that Medal of honor.

I absolutely love these modern warfare centric games.I can relate to it.The weapons, the tactics.
There are only 2 genres I play; one is FPS and the other being cars.

Last edited:

shaka

^^^ Hi tharikiran

The only thing I didnt like that reviewers said is that camera position is fixed behind the car. eg camera moves as the car moves much like in GRID.. It feels as if surroundings are moving around the car and car is not moving through the surroundings. When the car is drifting sideways you not looking at side of the car but you see the back of car as camera has moved as the car started the drift.

The thing is I like to play with this view. I like/use hood view as well when its serious difficult race, where concentration is required but half the time its 3rd person/behind the car view. What is your experience with this?

I really like GT series. Now if this is the case with GT5 I think I will skip this one. Although I am thinking of getting a PS3 though.

Not much interested in war/shooting games, though I have played and completed Crisis, Farcry etc. on PC.

tharikiran

Country flag
^^^ Hi tharikiran

The only thing I didnt like that reviewers said is that camera position is fixed behind the car. eg camera moves as the car moves much like in GRID.. It feels as if surroundings are moving around the car and car is not moving through the surroundings. When the car is drifting sideways you not looking at side of the car but you see the back of car as camera has moved as the car started the drift.

The thing is I like to play with this view. I like/use hood view as well when its serious difficult race, where concentration is required but half the time its 3rd person/behind the car view. What is your experience with this?

I really like GT series. Now if this is the case with GT5 I think I will skip this one. Although I am thinking of getting a PS3 though.

Not much interested in war/shooting games, though I have played and completed Crisis, Farcry etc. on PC.
I play the game with the cockpit view or the bonnet view.So, I had no issues with that part.I have never liked nor played the 3rd person view because my personal belief is
that a car game has to be played using the cockpit view or bonnet view.Other than that I have gotten used to the views and can't play/control in 3rd person view.
By the way I had bought crysis1 and 2 but never finished it as I had lag on my laptop.I bought HAWX 2 for PS3 too. Not bad. My first flight simulation game for ps3.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bhramos Two Spanish pilots escape alive from mid-air collision off Gran Canaria International Politics 0

Global Defence

New threads

Articles