GPS guided mortar rounds to be used by the Army

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It was not bad at all, matter of fact it was very well written and sounded professional. Good Job.

Neil

Country flag
wow.....really a great article.....!!

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
The article is excellent but I guess such rounds must be highly expensive to be used by ordinary troops.

Neil

Country flag
The article is excellent but I guess such rounds must be highly expensive to be used by ordinary troops.
but it also reduces the number of rounds needed so it compensates expensiveness...

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Nice article, good job bro!

black eagle

Country flag
Thank you soooooooo much everyone...... Now you can carry on discussing about the mortar round itself...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think laser guided mortars rounds are more useful then GPS, as GPS mortars rounds will be used against immovable target on the grounds only, but in war, actual targets are on the move, so in long run these GPS mortars rounds are not much of use

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
but it also reduces the number of rounds needed so it compensates expensiveness...
I dont want to but I have to consider it as a baseless statement. You cant go to a war with a mortar and saying that, "we need less rounds because are 100% sure of its accuracy and we will finish the work in just a couple of rounds". Man during war or any operation or peace time, ammunition is such a thing which is produced in bulk , no matter how accurate it is. Same thing is with artillery shells. Many nations use guided rounds for its 155 mm but that doesnt mean it will reduce the production of shell. If a round hits a target accurately then its your luck or else your enemy`s. Its nothing to do with how accurate that round is. So the production will be in bulk.

Remember, more ammo more kills, but yes again only in professional hands.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles