Govt with absolute majority not good for Muslims: Bukhari

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, Nov 16, 2012.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Expressing his displeasure over the performance of the Samajwadi Party-led Uttar Pradesh government, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari has said the formation of governments with absolute majority doesn't do any good for Muslims.

"For the safeguard of rights of the Muslims, it is better that governments should not be formed with absolute majority. Formation of government without absolute majority is in favour of Muslims," said Bukhari, who visited the city to attend a marriage ceremony yesterday.

Bukhari claimed that the Samajwadi party before the Assembly polls had promised that the charges against all those Muslims, implicated in false cases, would be taken back but instead, cases against only those, who are close to ruling party, are being taken back by the government.

He appealed to the community members to cast their votes depending on the performance of the political parties in the next general elections.

Govt with absolute majority not good for Muslims: Bukhari

3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

He appealed the community to cast vote depending on the performance of parties, but which kind of performance ?? Agar ye bataa diya hota to meharbani hoti.
These opportunists shouldn't be allowed to vote. Due to en bloc voting India has seen a lot of nightmares. S.P., B.S.P., Lalu,etc are the examples....

4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

He has an axe to grind with SP. He wanted a relative of his to be be made an MLA/MLC which the SP did not oblige him.

Better he is a cleric and should not jump into Siyasat ( Politics). He has been a nuisance and his uttering do no good to the muslim community whom he claims to represent.

OT, he moves in a Scorpio with a Read Beacon, which idiot allowed him this privilege.

Singh likes this.
  5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

A full majority BJP governement at the center is in the best interests of Muslims.

chase and natarajan like this.
  6. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

En bloc voting is not bad, as long as the motivation and calculation are positive in nature. It helps to steer the country in one direction firmly.
    But if that en bloc voting is based on religion/caste etc it only brings harm in the long run.
    Funny that the Imam wants a looli langri sarkar (stammering Govt.). How is that going to help?

7. Yusuf

He is a proven idiot. Why does media even give his statements footage I have no clue.

Singh and lcatejas like this.
  8. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Is it really from you , first time seeing a muslim supporting bjp in my lifetime

9. Yusuf

I voted for ABV when he came to power. It was my first vote after I got to voting eligibility.

It was purely from the view of national security issues and because I wanted india to go nuclear which I thought will surely come around when BJP came to power. I was not disappointed.

I think differently. I have been wanting to write on why BJP will be good for Muslims but not found time to put my thoughts together. But yes I have thought about this over a period of time and come to that conclusion.
    But then it requires some clear objective thinking. And a vast majority seem to lack that. That's why you have idiots getting carried away and inciting violence like we saw over Assam.

Virendra likes this.
  10. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

I am writing on Politics and Administration that has much to do with people at present! Am writing on - Do governments fail their people or the People fail their Governments?

LurkerBaba likes this.
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Bucks or Bukhari is right that a Govt with absolute majority is not good for all lobbies that can manipulate governance through blackmailing.

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There are many Muslims who have different views on these type of subjects.

There was a friend of mine, who is a Muslim, who vociferously defended the demolition of the Babri Mazjid as an act that fulfilled the requirement of Islam much to the surprise of many who were listening to him, including me.

He said that with the installation of the idols within the premise of the Mazjid, the Mazjid had been defiled and hence no longer a Mazjid and so whether it stood or it was demolished, it mattered little to any genuine Muslim.

He felt that it was just a political ploy to whip up the Muslim and attempt to galvanise them into a monolithic whole, which in itself is an incorrect premise since there are many sects who think differently and it was stupid to feel that Muslims have no mind of their own or an opinion of their own beyond the wily machinations of the clergy and the politicians.

Religion is an important aspect, but it does not mean that mind to think and interpret has been auctioned away as if it were 2G to the highest religious sentiment bidder!

I find it rather amusing that we, and a large majority in India, broad brush people into a monolithic whole that is mentally paralysed with frenetic fundamentalist zeal.

13. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Sample size too small.

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  14. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Actually in an Indian context, a single party have absolute majority will in all likelyhood be detrimental for the unity if we go by the consociationalist theory.

15. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

[email protected]

The Kasi Vishwsnath temple positively gives jams masjid a run for its money

16. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

The spat started last week when Imam Bukhari's son-in-law Umar,who lost assembly elections,
    Azam-Bukhari spat: Now, fatwa against Shahi Imam - Times Of India

So we can say that,
    imam bukheri is not popular among muslims of up anymore.
    In recent up assembly election bukheri's son in law umar who was a sp candidate badly lost in 70% muslim majority consituency.
    He can't even win a high muslim majority consituency and even when sp was strong in up election.
    Thats prove his popularity.

17. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

Pleas kindly explain me.
    The last one year local bjp and rss leader of murshidabad,malda,uttar dinajpur,nadia,birbhum district tries to show too much"love" for muslims in their bashan,attitude even they have limited presence.
    The sweet word like nare javan is used to adress muslim from some bjp leader of my locality.
    So my practical experiance about bjp is not good like you.

18. blank_quest

blank_quest Senior Member Senior Member

Every Religion should have its own party and Every Party must select a candidate for a Central/State Party- and that must be a Secular Central/State Party- so, Every religion is represented on the basis of equality with only one seat for each religion and with One Voting Rights( that should be of equal strength). :D

19. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

Yusuf...man i am surprised at you!
    You are a jew because yusuf is also a jew name and your viewpoints are so different that it doesn't reflect the views of many muslims i have meant.
    And if you are a muslim then you are the ideal citizen.

20. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

I can understand what he meant, and you will have too, if you stop being paranoid about BJP and RSS.

Let me tell you this too. An absolute majority Congress govt or a govt from SP will be the worst thing that can happen to Muslims in India.

For more insight into the matter, go to the thread regarding the celebration by the far right groups in USA for Obama's win ;)

spikey360 likes this.