Govt scraps single-engine fighters plan, asks IAF to go for wider competition

1971ftw

Country flag
Wtf 2 years down the drain, what are they going for next?

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Good riddance. The SEF or MMRCA what ever you want to call it will be Tejas Mk2. Which will then be followed by AMCA.
Mig 29 Full thrust vectoring and linient public details would do. You are right, with those two coming along and MiG 29s flown to the limit and increased in number with current network centric upgrades, I think would be a great fleet during the interim coupled with slealth Drones and brand spanking new Rafales. Super Hornets are also a choice. These would compliment the LCA MK 2 with ease of duty. Same or upgraded engines and complete system similarity, can be a slot filler and beyond. Next is the F 15 silent Eagle, again a very powerful choice. The specifications are beyond any other aircraft; maybe with full thrust vectoring, might take us a little futher with aircraft retirement as well.

Tanmay

Country flag
This is biggest sham ever :/

A decade back IAF wanted SEF. only F16 and Gripen satisfied the criteria. Mirage was out of production .

So to increase competition they included two engine fighters. Rafale, F18 , mig 35 and, typhoon were in.
MMRCA rolled out. Touted to be a deal which can't fail bcoz of new methods etc. And after a decade long testing we finally got Rafale only to cancel the original deal.

IAF rolls out SEF tender. And two years later it's MMRCA again :/ and reason remains same. Only F16 and Gripen. No competition. Morons sitting at highest decision making chairs

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
:facepalm::facepalm: Back to square 1

There is no congruence existed between our national security objectives, defense objectives, defense policy and directives for the Defense Minister . good way of screwing ourselves

indiazain

Country flag
Both BJP and congress care a damm about the airforce and its modernization as it does not bring them any votes.The bureaucrats will only allow the deal to go through if their is something in it for them.I still dont get the point of having only 36 rafale jet.
I think we should have around
120 rafale + 200 super Sukhoi + 80 LCA ==For the Chinese Border
60 rafale + 60 super Sukhoi + 100 LCA ==> For PorkiLand
AMCA and /or SU57 --Future

Madooxno7

Country flag
Both BJP and congress care a damm about the airforce and its modernization as it does not bring them any votes.The bureaucrats will only allow the deal to go through if their is something in it for them.I still dont get the point of having only 36 rafale jet.
I think we should have around
120 rafale + 200 super Sukhoi + 80 LCA ==For the Chinese Border
60 rafale + 60 super Sukhoi + 100 LCA ==> For PorkiLand
AMCA and /or SU57 --Future
I believe 36 Rafale will be used for Strategic Forces Command (SFC). Rafale is capable of carring nuclear weapons.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I believe 36 Rafale will be used for Strategic Forces Command (SFC). Rafale is capable of carring nuclear weapons.
18 of them are replacing the MiG-27 sqdrn of Hasimara AFS Eastern Air Command.
Another 18 are being based in Ambala AFS.
Although they are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, they might not be tasked for that purpose. They might be dual-tasked though.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles