Govt eases citizenship rules for Pak refugees

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by KS, Apr 22, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Govt eases citizenship rules for Pak refugees - Hindustan Times

Welcome home , as Indian citizens :)

gokussj9 likes this.
  3. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

What if the people coming back are ISI spies?

4. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Pakistanis shouldn't be allowed to settle in India, irrespective of religion.

utubekhiladi likes this.
  5. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

It's better for pakis Hindu and Sikh to file asylum for Canada or UK or OZ or NZ rather than India

satya wachan:namaste::namaste::namaste::thumb:

6. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

I am gonna File Asylum for FRANCE ... hatho-haat MS bhi ho jayegi École Polytechnique mei ... aur French Hotties :hot: ............. :rofl:

7. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Sorry but Europe is strict now. Anyhow its better or our paki hindu or sikh bro to move to English speaking countries

8. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Also Germany. German and English are very similar:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  9. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Where were their ancestors during 1947, 1971?

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

German grammar and English grammar are quite different is what I have experienced.

11. KS

Why ? If we can turn a blind eye to about 15 million illegal Bangla immigrants, why not Pakistani Hindus and Sikhs who are just executing the right Partition gave them ? Agreed they are 65 years late,but so what ? Atleast here they can live without the fear of forced conversion or kidnappings or target killings than in the land of the pure.

parijataka likes this.
  12. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

This is indeed true. An obscure Indian law allows religious minorities from Pakistan to settle in India without much hassle..they need to give up their Pakistani passport to the authorities. I believe many of them are not even aware of this.

13. Mad Indian

:hmm:Busy getting Killed and Oppressed?:notsure:

William of Tyre and parijataka like this.
  14. KS

NO actually that is the problem.

The Paki authorities have to give a certificate saying that the Hindu/Sikh has surrendered his/her Pakistani passport for their formalities to move forward in India. But the Paki authorities dont give that and hence their citizenship procedure is stuck here.

Now that requirement is removed and all the refugees have to do is to submit an affidavit saying that they have surrendered their paki passport and the previously required Paki certificate conforming that is not required.

15. Mad Indian

Well its good. And about the Bangla Immigrants- Personally I wont have problem with them IF- they migrate here LEGALLY:nod:

Its time we become the Nation for Immigration rather than for Emigration:thumb:

16. KS

Sorry....I'm not comfortable with a random Bangla coming here. None of them are white collar capable of contributing something useful to the country's growth and are just extra burden on our scant resources in addition to indulging in all kinds of unwanted criminal and anti-national activities.

They got their country, BD -- let them stay there.

Before anybody comes back with "Oh then why Pakistani hindus and Sikhs", remember Partition.

gokussj9 likes this.
  17. Mad Indian

No man. Think about it. If we can get white collers then it will be good for the country. Also, we can always limit the no. of people coming "Legally" and the type of people coming "Legally". we can make sure that only White collars are allowed here :nod:.

18. KS

I never said anything about legal immigration of white collars who can actually contribute to technology and economic growth. They are obviously welcome from any part of the world, if they want to come.

19. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Yes, many were infact.

However, many amongst them had large plots of land and flourishing businesses. They were like Zamindars, rich and powerful in thier lands.

1947 - mass movement of muslims to Pakistan, and Hindus and Sikhs to India. Hindus and Sikhs who remained in Pakistan were led to believe they would be treated as equals, plus they had their own interests. They were wrong.

1971 - mass migration started before the war, and GoI let those people stay in India after the war. We are led to believe that those were muslims, but the fact is that both hindus and muslims migrated. Pakistan was butchering them all.

So, people who remained back had their own interests. Those times, being a Pakistani/ Bangladeshi seemed profitable, now India shines.

20. Mad Indian

Well what about those who wanted to come but never had the chance? Many might have wanted to come but could not have out of fear or some thing no? Also most who apply for citizenship in India are those who slipped through their emigrating officers.

Think about it. Do you really think P**kistan will be happy with people emigrating to its Numero Uno Enemy?. I dont think so. So i think they are coming in Batches and Patches:nod:. If it is really the oppression they are fleeing from, then whats wrong in providing them asylum, when it fact there is really provision for that in the Constitution?:hmm:

21. Oracle

Oracle New Member

You're actually right. India is also a member of UN Refugee agency (can't remember the actual name), under whose laws member countries have to admit foreign nationals being persecuted in their home country. The contention of my posts are economic, rather than religion. India already has a large population, plus millions of illegal Bangladeshis. So, I don't think it is in our interests, but I'm not the Government.

Also, please mark this post of mine when I say that Bangladesis who migrate to India are not all Muslims. No. Even Hindus in large number have illegally migrated, and still do so. If you visit places like Karimganj, Hailakandi etc, you'd see a large population of Hindu Bangladeshis illegally staying in India. They are called 'Koibortos', which means Hindu fisherman of Bangladesh. In Assam, these people are mainly responsible for robbery, murders, rapes etc. They are armed and very dangerous.