Govt cancels massive anti-tank guided missile deal with Israel, asks DRDO to 'Make in India'

proud_indian

Country flag
In reality, the DRDO has since 2012 been co-developing a third-generation MPATGM along with VEM Technologies. The RCI has since then developed the all-composite rocket motor casing, MEMS-based redundant micro-navigation system (RMNS), as well as a new-generation IIR sensor that employs semiconductors using indium gallium nitride and aluminum gallium nitride alloys for the RCI-developed 1024-element staring focal plane arrays operating in the ultra-violet bandwidth that give better solar radiation rejection. User-evaluations of the definitive MPATGM are expected to commence next year, with bulk production commencing sometime in 2020. Both VEM Technologies and BDL will be contracted for mass-producing the MPATGM. As a fall-back measure, in the event of the RCI-developed MWIR sensor not maturing within the given deadline (primarily due to the challenges of developing the all-important target recognition algorithm), then the option of importing the Javelin’s LWIR sensor sub-assembly for integration with the MPATGM still remains open.

In addition to the MPATGM, the DRDO along with VEM Technologies is also developing a laser-guided 2.75-inch air-to-surface rocket (first shown at the Aero India 2017 expo) that will be launchable from the Rudra, LUH and LCH platforms.

https://trishul-trident.blogspot.in/2017/11/missing-woods-for-trees-putting-cart.html

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are 356 infantry battalions of the Army. The Army, with an authorised holding of 81,206 ATGMs, Only half is filled and rest around 44,000 is needed, And Army want specifically ' Active & passive, Fire and forget ATGM' in that empty space ..

No wonder he mentioned their is plenty of space for MANPAD NAG ..

Check out @SJha1618’s Tweet:
According to jha its 8356 order.

Let them use T90s.
Between 2008 to 2016 MoD ordered
4000+4000 Milan
15000+10000 Konkur
25000 Vikhr

Hence No shortage.
========
========

Lets get to know about Flame Launcher ..

FLAME stands for - Fagot Launcher Adapted to Milan Equipment.

Fagot here refers 9K111 Fagot ATGM (NATO reporting name - AT-4 Spigot) which India operated with BMP-1 vehicles. Konkur-M (NATO reporting name - AT-5b Spandrel) which is the current ATGM on BMP-2 is further development of AT-4 and utilizes a same flame launcher.

The FLAME launcher which has been adapted from AT-4 missile is 9P135M; and could fire both AT-4/AT-4C and Konkur-M/AT-5B missile.

Further, there are two versions of FLAME launcher -
(a) FLAME-G: Ground version to be used for Milan-2 missile.
(b) FLAME-V: Mounted version which can fire both Milan-2 and Konkur-M/AT-5B missile. and which can also be used in dismounted role. This build flexibility and mechanized troops can use Milan-2/2T if required.

With help of Thermal sight, It has night fighting capability, In article it stated wrong that Indian Army ATGM do not have night fighting capabilities ..

Compersion

Country flag
Its good decision but there is a lot of space to have such order(s). we have to start thinking and speaking in more broader voice and not such 1 and 0. I am wishing that US 500+ million is realigned and sanctioned to Israel in if not already in the above area into some other area. To make someone look good out of all this would be good - also i know such is used by us to negotiate which in fact the Israelite would appreciate the way that is done if it makes all look good. We might learn a thing also (Full TOT was there). Nothing better to do it ourselves and even better in the long term.

http://mb.ntd.tv/inspiring/persecut...er-his-heart-patient-said-alarming-words.html

(Only saying)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Its good decision but there is a lot of space to have such order(s). we have to start thinking and speaking in more broader voice and not such 1 and 0. I am wishing that US 500+ million is realigned and sanctioned to Israel in if not already in the above area into some other area. To make someone look good out of all this would be good - also i know such is used by us to negotiate which in fact the Israelite would appreciate the way that is done if it makes all look good. We might learn a thing also (Full TOT was there). Nothing better to do it ourselves and even better in the long term.

http://mb.ntd.tv/inspiring/persecut...er-his-heart-patient-said-alarming-words.html

(Only saying)
won't mind getting 1000 missile with 25 km (Spike NLOS), if they could supply.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Kalyani's JV with Rafael is for getting workshare from BDL which had the lead integrator role in the Spike MR license assembly. I would suggest that Kalyani should now be given the opportunity to do the same for the domestic MPATGM which BDL will integrate.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I think govt should not cancel spike missile deal we should buy at least 8000 missiles as stop gap measure till nag missile and man portable nag missile ready. DRDO will take more time to build missile that's why we should not cancel spike missile deal. This is my personal opinion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles