Govt baffled over DRDO chief's claim on missile shield

p2prada

I know KKV = Kinetic Kill Vehicle which are supposed to be lighter and even the Israelis are shifting towards KKV but i was surprised we tested a KKV which verifies the claim we have a A-SAT capability
The warhead is different from the boost motors. We don't have a single stage boost motor which can propel the KKV to over 150-600-1200Km height. Actually we have Agni V's boost stage, but it is currently not part of the BMD project. So, eventually we will see the Agni V's first stage mated to a new KKV for A-SAT capability.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if you read this news then the first post here makes sense.

Potential for cooperation with India to develop BMD: US

Press Trust of India / New Delhi July 23, 2012, 19:06

The US today said there is a potential for cooperation with India to develop a Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) shield.

"That is an important potential area for our future cooperation," visiting US Deputy Defence Secretary Ashton Carter said.

"I think BMD has great strategic importance and, therefore, the two governments should dicuss that strategically before they discuss that technically," he said while addressing a function here organised by CII

He was asked if the US and India could work together to develop a BMD shield to showcase their strategic relations.
India is already working towards developing a missile defence shield on its own and is in the process of deploying its systems in Delhi and Mumbai.

The two countries had earlier discused the issue at several platforms.

"I am wary of showcases probably because it should have strategic and economic sense. It's fine to have symbolic sense but first and foremost it should have strategic and economic sense," Carter said.

On the US stressing more on cooperation than trade in its ties in the defence sector with India, he said the two countries want to get out of the buyer-seller relationship and want to work on co-development of projects.

"We want to do things together, we want to develop products together and produce technology together. There is a little difference between trade and cooperation and between the two, we are really looking for cooperation," he said. (More)
Potential for cooperation with India to develop BMD: US | Business Standard

so what India Today said in post No.1 of this thread about Indian BMD being useless and then after 5-7 days another news comes that US is ready to cooperation with India to develop BMD :rofl: makes sense now :wave: :thumb:

looks like people are setting up very high standards in their field.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles