Going To India!

Barak2

Hello guys,

Its been a long time i haven't visited the forum, well missed you all :p LOL..
Got a call from Mumbai an American friend is staying there from sometime, i am going to Dubai for a trip and will move to India directly from there for like a couple of weeks. Any ideas about the places i should be visiting? Weather is horrible in this side currently even in Pakistan and idk how things are gonna work for me. My stay is going to be at Hotel Taj in Mumbai. Nearest tourist attraction? Any ideas.. would love to hear from you guys. :D

Srinivas_K

Country flag
There are many places and cuisines to taste in India, It depends on your interests.

India has many traditions, cultures, cuisines, flavours etc...etc...

Check on the internet and choose which places you want to visit and plan your activities accordingly.

Enjoy !

Riddler_22

Although many people would advise against it but visit Goa if you can.Goa in monsoon is incredibly beautiful esp the countryside.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Although many people would advise against it but visit Goa if you can.Goa in monsoon is incredibly beautiful esp the countryside.
+1 to this, @Barak2 !
head to south goa if:

- you have ample time (like 3-4 days or more) to roam about.
- want some beachwaala fun-'n-frolic as well as to wander about the tranquil countryside that has lush forests, hills, and lots of mangoes and starfruits and cranberries, etc. to be gathered from trees!

still nearer would be the the hill-station of Matheran. long walks and hikes in a car and pollution-free place.

another of the favourites of the localiites, Lonavala-Khandala. avoid going on weekend though if you can - half of Mumbai would greet you there!

much more near - ferry to Elephanta caves. do timepass for half a day and return.
or, go to essel world and its water-park, plus visit the huge golden Vipassana Pagoda and meditation centre adjacent to it. the road to the place is like the coastal countryside one would expect to see at Goa (a water-route too to the place).

what kind of trip/place appeals to you? usual tourist places (artificial kinds), or going to hills and mountains? since its raining here, you would find lush greenery, rains, clouds all around in the countryside. get an umbrella and raincoat ready before venturing out for a trip, or don't bother with them - for a wholesome experience!

Rashna

Country flag
Hi,
Welcome to India and Mumbai... The weather is cloudy, rainy and great right now but can't say about when you actually get here.You will be staying opposite the Gateway of India so one tourist site is already covered. Then do visit the famous Leopold Cafe at Colaba which was targeted in the 26/11 attack. While you are staying at the Taj bang opposite is some awesome street food from Bademiya.
You can try some bun maska at yazdani bakery in fort. Walk around Fort area to feel like you are in London.:)

Make sure to try their stuff and report back to us.... Then of course the famous "Queen's necklace" for a beautiful monsoon walk along the promenade... Further up at worli you can visit the Haji Ali Dargah and enjoy some mango with cream at the Haji Ali juice center.Then there are many other places like Borivali National park, Juhu beach, and if you have the stomach for it try the pav bhaji and wada pav at juhu beach. lolz.
Do visit Palladium at lower parel for some fun things to do or to just sit with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the place.
Do not forget to watch a movie at the nearest multiplex. You can try it at Palladium.
This is all for now. Hope you have a great stay here.
Cheers
Hello guys,

Got a call from Mumbai an American friend is staying there from sometime, i am going to Dubai for a trip and will move to India directly from there for like a couple of weeks. Any ideas about the places i should be visiting? Weather is horrible in this side currently even in Pakistan and idk how things are gonna work for me. My stay is going to be at Hotel Taj in Mumbai. Nearest tourist attraction? Any ideas.. would love to hear from you guys. :D

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Hi,
Welcome to India and Mumbai... The weather is cloudy, rainy and great right now but can't say about when you actually get here.You will be staying opposite the Gateway of India so one tourist site is already covered. Then do visit the famous Leopold Cafe at Colaba which was targeted in the 26/11 attack. While you are staying at the Taj bang opposite is some awesome street food from Bademiya.
You can try some bun maska at yazdani bakery in fort. Walk around Fort area to feel like you are in London.:)

Make sure to try their stuff and report back to us.... Then of course the famous "Queen's necklace" for a beautiful monsoon walk along the promenade... Further up at worli you can visit the Haji Ali Dargah and enjoy some mango with cream at the Haji Ali juice center.Then there are many other places like Borivali National park, Juhu beach, and if you have the stomach for it try the pav bhaji and wada pav at juhu beach. lolz.
Do visit Palladium at lower parel for some fun things to do or to just sit with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the place.
Do not forget to watch a movie at the nearest multiplex. You can try it at Palladium.
This is all for now. Hope you have a great stay here.
Cheers
mango with cream is a weakness of mine too. but i found it better than the Haji Ali Juice Center at a restaurant beside the Indian Coast Guard's HQ.

also, for pav-bhaji, the one near Mahalaxmi (forgot the name), Sardar at Tardeo & Cannon opp. CST would be good too.

and for lunch, he can try the Kathiawadi delicacies at Soam opp. Baabulnaath Mandir.

Rashna

Country flag
He might not be so much in to veggie food perhaps.:p We should recommend Mohammadali road khau galli to him, maybe Kailash Parbat at Colaba..oh goodness, this is not good, just remembering stuff makes the mouth water.:biggrin2:
mango with cream is a weakness of mine too. but i found it better than the Haji Ali Juice Center at a restaurant beside the Indian Coast Guard's HQ.

also, for pav-bhaji, the one near Mahalaxmi (forgot the name), Sardar at Tardeo & Cannon opp. CST would be good too.

and for lunch, he can try the Kathiawadi delicacies at Soam opp. Baabulnaath Mandir.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
He might not be so much in to veggie food perhaps.[emoji14] We should recommend Mohammadali road khau galli to him, maybe Kailash Parbat at Colaba..oh goodness, this is not good, just remembering stuff makes the mouth water.:biggrin2:
he can have a change of taste here; eat veg stuff and some paani ka mewa (seafood). Gajali would be good for the latter (they have a famous duck-preparation too there i think).

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
He might not be so much in to veggie food perhaps.:p We should recommend Mohammadali road khau galli to him, maybe Kailash Parbat at Colaba..oh goodness, this is not good, just remembering stuff makes the mouth water.:biggrin2:
Coconut ice cream at naturals :lol:

Rashna

Country flag
Gajalee and mahesh lunch home, slurp slurp.... for veg there are so many options, chetana, rajdhani, and south indian veggie joints at matunga. :drool:
he can have a change of taste here; eat veg stuff and some paani ka mewa (seafood). Gajali would be good for the latter (they have a famous duck-preparation too there i think).

fyodor

Country flag
Hello guys,

Welcome.
Sites like: ixigo and holidayiq will provide you with some details about tourist places. Also google , you will get a lot of information.

rohit.gr77

Do try Delhi Darbar for a great mughlai dinner, 2 mins away from ur hotel :biggrin2:
N have a pleasant stay in my hometown. :)

Brood Father

Country flag
Welcome to India ...you are going to Mumbai and at this time of year and nearby places are awesome
Don't go to lonavala and khandla , they are overhyped as usual
It's better to go for mahabaleshwar if you need to go hill station
And if you want to go to sea beaches go to gokarna , divyagarh , harihareshwar , murud
These places are quite unheard of among popular mass but are virgin and quite scenic
Doodh sagar falls in between Mumbai and goa should be also in your checklist
And also try konkan railways
Also you can visit rajgarh fort , torna fort , sinhgarh fort if you are into treking / hiking or visiting historical places
All these places are nearby Mumbai so you can easily plan to visit them
Enjoy your stay in India and wish you take back happy and pleasant memories of my country

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles