Give me Control of Army, Will Wipe out Islamic Terrorism: Bal Thackeray

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by afako, Sep 8, 2012.

1. afako

afako Regular Member

Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday claimed that if he was given charge of the Indian Army, he would solve all problems and set things right in the country within a month.

In the second of his four-part interview published in party mouthpiece 'Dopaharka Saamna' on Saturday, Thackeray also warned that he would not "spare" Muslim fundamentalists who fomented trouble in the country.

"Give me control of the army. I will show you miracles and set everything right within a month. Just hand over the army to me," Thackeray, known as 'Sena-pati' claimed.

When he was told that his party, Shiv Sena, was an 'army', Thackeray rued the fact that it was "unarmed". He claimed his army had only saffron flags. "Yet, we have so much influence, but I don't want only that, hoardings, banners and drums," the 86-year-old leader said.

Thackeray claimed that the violence at Azad Maidan of Aug 11, when Muslim groups were protesting the alleged attacks on Muslims in Myanmar and the riots in Assam, was "pre-planned," just like many other such incidents in the past.

"After Babri Mosque demolition (of December 6, 1992), they (Muslims) started riots in Mumbai. Even during the Godhra carnage, they locked up three bogies of Sabarmati Express and burnt people, women and children, alive. Similarly, the Mumbai violence (of August 2012) was pre-planned," Thackeray asserted.

He said that the incident was roundly condemned by the Shiv Sena and his nephew Raj Thackeray's Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, but asked, "where were the people who paralysed Parliament," (referring to the Sena's ally Bharatiya Janata Party).

However, Thackeray warned that he would not "spare" the perpetrators of violence and fanatic Muslims from Pakistan or Bangladesh who are creating trouble in the country, at least in Maharashtra.

"When I come into my element ("josh"), I will not allow a single fanatic Muslim to live in Maharashtra, and wherever we have party branches, right up to Jammu & Kashmir," Thackeray roared through the pages of the party mouthpiece.

He repeated his party's old stance of not permitting Pakistani cricketers to play in India. "I have never changed my stand (on this) and will never deviate from it," he declared.

Turning attention to Bihar, the Sena chief wondered why (Bihar) chief minister Nitish Kumar should get angry over the Maharashtra Police action of nabbing a criminal from that state.

"In our country, laws are made for whom, the people or dangerous terrorists? He should first think of how such terrorists could create trouble instead of raising a hue and cry over Maharashtra Police action," Thackeray advised.

Indicating that his son Uddhav and nephew Raj were coming together, Thackeray said that the media ("pimps and agents") find problems even with this.

"Now that the two cousins are getting closer, they (media) have started devising ways to again separate them, sow differences between them and again make them fight," Thackeray claimed.

Give me control of army, I will show you miracles: Bal Thackeray - Mumbai - DNA

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Just give me the power to run the country and I will send it down the drain - Parvez Musharraf.

5. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I don't support them. Such statements from people were given after 26/11 that where were thackerays during 26/11. I don't understand, what would have tharckerays done ?? Tell me.Police was there during azad maidan incident, still they couldn't do anything.If thackerays have done something at that time, still people would have blamed them.

P.S. Biased agaist bihar by thackerays is bs.

6. They are still less,absurd then this particular statement by Bal Tackhrey , which not just rhetorical but ridiculous as well.

The man could not even put his filial attachments aside when he could have easily saved his party from splitting up,
    by handing over the reins to the his nephew who clearly deserved it .

7. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Mr Thakeray, what can we expected from you , where at one side u do bakwas and then accept money from Sur shetra show producer and allow pakis to enjoy and perform and earn money in same city where they killed 200 people:mad::mad::mad:

rock127 likes this.
  8. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Thackrey's have made mockery of their "Thackrey" clan... they are bogus and coward.

We saw your reality in 26/11 and recent riots...... and the recent "Surshetra" drama :lol:

9. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

As fervent a believer in Hindutva one might be, it is highly disagreeable to turn over the power of a war machine into the hands of an individual not elected into a constitutional post as of this date.
    Let him become defence or home minister, then only can his statements be treated with credibility. Any lay person can speak of showing the efficacy he claims to be capable of showing but the ground reality is a bit different and it is not as simple as he puts it to be.

10. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

first he protested but when producers of the show met him and gave him $$$$$$ he allowed.randi sala

11. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Mr Bal what about Indian Navy & Airforce? why dont you conquer china, bangladesh & srilanka

12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

They are united internally. Hathi ke dant hai, chabane ke aur dikhane ke alag.....