Girlfriends are only for those who have big purse/pockets

Blackwater

Basically $$$. I have no doubt about your looks or education. :troll: :rofl:
well i cant post my pics here. anyhow if we take $$$,this is my point ,all girls wants is $$$$,rest is secondary

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This is probably because (I am making an uneducated guess here) girls have a very short fertile span, so they have to make the best of the short time they have; while men have all the time to wait till they find the best mate.
More like, Women seek stability for their offspring, which is more likely to be guaranteed by wealth and social status then the size of biceps.
For a Man, breakup is an assault to his manhood.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Hey, if one is completely fugly - someone with a gigantic tummy and who smells bad, and who is a complete social misfit - then my comments don't apply at all!!

I am talking about someone who is "average looking" as opposed to "hunky". Haven't you seen all those kids in the malls these days - they spend half their time in the gym, and strive to be as "fashionable and cool" as they can - constantly obsessing about their hairstyle, the brand of their clothes, the kind of stubble they grow, and so on and so forth. Think of one of those kids on the one hand, and an average looking (though not fugly) guy on the other. The latter does not go to the gym, but is smart and intelligent, and is mature, and has immense "stability" financially and career-wise, and has 1-2 assets such as an own house and a flat, and drives a decent car (lets say a Hyundai Accent or Indigo Manza - nothing too hi-fi). The latter guy does not bother with hair-gels and funky trendy stuff. In such a case, I guarantee you that in 999 cases out of thousand, an Indian girl will choose the latter, and not the former.
Since someone mentioned "evolution at play", I have a feeling that this is also due to "evolution at play". Long-term security and stability is something that girls look for in their man. They are just hardwired that way.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
In 999 out of a 1000, that girl will be fugly. :lol:
Completely incorrect. Even if the girl is a bombshell, my theory holds good. It ain't just "theory" by the way... :heh:

More like, Women seek stability for their offspring, which is more likely to be guaranteed by wealth and social status then the size of biceps.
Yep, totally agreed - this is the point I made in my earlier post which you replied to.

pmaitra

That is very true. Women tend to chose a mate who can potentially offer good survival opportunities to their offspring(s), but my comment was about girls getting over breakups quicker than men.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Agree.

For the bold part, I have a lot of respect for people who spend time at the gym. Spending time at the gym is way better than shopping, playing video games, watching movies, etc.. While it might not be advisable to spend "half" their time (whatever that means), spending 4 hours a week is the bare minimum one should do. Or play tennis or soccer for a total of 4 hours every week.
I run my way up from ground to 7th floor everyday in office and don't take elevators at other times as well.
Is that enough? :(

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have noticed a few things in an Indian context

1. You just can't talk to girls randomly.
2. The greater(time period) of your interaction the better chance you have of getting a girlfriend. In sense, if you are hanging out with someone for longer duration, you have a very good chance of scoring. Looks are secondary as @Bangalorean said.

So if you want to develop a relationship, "chep" ho jao. You might not be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Women are not visually driven creature, men are.
Women are verbally driven.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
For the bold part, I have a lot of respect for people who spend time at the gym. Spending time at the gym is way better than shopping, playing video games, watching movies, etc.. While it might not be advisable to spend "half" their time (whatever that means), spending 4 hours a week is the bare minimum one should do. Or play tennis or soccer for a total of 4 hours every week.
I am referring to this sort of guy: Gr8 General Knowledge at MTV Roadies 8 Audition. very funny video... by Prabhat Shrivastava - YouTube

It is perfectly fine to go to the gym to keep oneself physically fit and healthy. But the profile of the kind of guy I was referring to in my comment is: one of the modern cool-dude types, who has limited intelligence, who speaks fluent English, and works in one of the new-age "easy money" kind of jobs, and whose only interests in life are his looks, movies and video games maybe, and trying to get girls. You won't find many of them playing soccer or tennis. You might find them at the bowling alley in shopping malls during the first week of the month soon after their salary is credited to their account.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
That is very true. Women tend to chose a mate who can potentially offer good survival opportunities to their offspring(s), but my comment was about girls getting over breakups quicker than men.
I guess then three scenarios can occur
1. When a Woman breaks up
2. When a man breaksup
3. Mutual

pmaitra

Iamanidiot

Women generally choose mates whom they believe can give her love,security and a happy life.Money is a factor but it is a secondary factor this is what I observed.The thing I noticed is even looks can be a secondary factor.They also need not necessasarily like sweet talking guys they rather like blunt ones

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Girlfriends are only for those who have big purse/pockets
No, that's not so but yes it's a common practice among girls :p

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
This is probably because (I am making an uneducated guess here) girls have a very short fertile span, so they have to make the best of the short time they have; while men have all the time to wait till they find the best mate.
In recent times girls have started waiting more and more and more and today there is ever growing list of 30+ or 40+ unmarried girls waiting for their prince charming on white horse to land on earth from the skies. :lol:

girl all over the world wants a guy with only one thing $$$$$$$$, forget punjab, in punjab girls want big jagannath with $$$ too
Usually girls have a loooooooooong list of "The type of guy I want" and it starts from $$$$$$$$$,Cute,Caring ... there was a pic joke about it where a girl mentioned a looong list of her desired qualities in her guy and a guy mentioned as "good looking, can cook and clean" for her girl :lol:

Basically $$$. I have no doubt about your looks or education. :troll:
Some of your troll attemps are classic :troll: :rofl:

Completely incorrect. Even if the girl is a bombshell, my theory holds good. It ain't just "theory" by the way...

Yep, totally agreed - this is the point I made in my earlier post which you replied to.
Heard about Hugh Hefner?? He is a 86 year old buddha and always has 7 young blonde nuclearbombshells around him.So money can buy you almost everything.

I run my way up from ground to 7th floor everyday in office and don't take elevators at other times as well.
Is that enough? :(
I climb to the 11th floor so I win :D

Women are not visually driven creature, men are.
Women are verbally driven.
There is a famous saying "Women love what they hear and Men love what they see" . So because of this men have to lie often and women blame men as born liars.Honest comments are hardly taken by women(specailly their weight).So make sure you lie often or else you lose :lol:

Women generally choose mates whom they believe can give her love,security and a happy life.Money is a factor but it is a secondary factor this is what I observed.The thing I noticed is even looks can be a secondary factor.They also need not necessasarily like sweet talking guys they rather like blunt ones
Practically it all starts with $$$$$$$ and a looooooong list of desirables.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Heard about Hugh Hefner?? He is a 86 year old buddha and always has 7 young blonde nuclearbombshells around him.So money can buy you almost everything.
Yeah and after he brought the topic of marriage, he was soon dumped as wel, despite of the money :laugh:

no no .. you climb and I run. Difference of vigor. I win !! :laugh:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Well, I was referring to the typical girl in the Indian middle-class scenario. The "father retired from PSU, girl working in IT/finance" type of typical middle class Indian girl...

no no .. you climb and I run. Difference of vigor. I win !! :laugh:
I go trekking and rock-climbing almost every 2-3 months, so I win. :laugh:

There is a famous saying "Women love what they hear and Men love what they see" . So because of this men have to lie often and women blame men as born liars.Honest comments are hardly taken by women(specailly their weight).So make sure you lie often or else you lose :lol:
Yes, this is 100% right. Women just can't handle the truth. You are spot-on.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Research has proven that women prefer to engage with men who physically/genetically can help them reproduce better offspring. This has been the norm from the hunter-gatherer days.

Urbanization and socio-economic divide has changed the equation quite a bit. Men with vitality are still in demand, but at a subconscious level.

At a conscious level economically lower class women tend to mingle with economically lower class men as they think upper classes are beyond their reach or the gap in lifestyle is too much.

Lower middle class women are progressive and tend to go for the jing bang flash metrosexual men (attempt to explore the economic freedom denied to them)

Upper middle class women prefer metrosexual men however they sometimes look back at lower middle class men as well (taken for granted wealth makes them discount the value of wealth and explore more emotional virtues)

Upper class women stick to upper class men only, kind of like following the same logic behind the political marriages between kingdoms.

amoy

There's a saying, to the effect "Men conquer the world to win over the heart of women, while women conquer men to win the world".

Do u agree with this?

Johnson & Johnson Billionaire Barbara Piasecka Johnson Dies At 76 - Forbes
By 1971 Seward Johnson had divorced his wife of 32 years and married Barbara Johnson, with none of his children in attendance. Seventy-six at the time of their marriage, Seward Johnson was 42 years her elder.

Upon Seward Johnson's death in 1983, a bitter legal battle erupted between Barbara Johnson and her late husband's six adult children over his massive estate, then valued at approximately $500 million. In the 1986 trial, which lasted four months and cost some $17 million in legal fees, the Johnson children accused Barbara Johnson of manipulation, abuse and coercing their infirmed father into steadily altering his will to her economic benefit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles