Girl Students Hold School Principal, Teachers Hostage

johnnyboy

Girl Students Hold School Principal, Teachers Hostage | news.outlookindia.com

Girl Students Hold School Principal, Teachers Hostage
Kolkata | Dec 18, 2012

A group of girl students, who had failed their exams, today held their teachers hostage seeking reversal of the decision, but later freed them after assurance of a review by the West Bengal education department.

About 29 girls of Rishi Aurobindo Balika Vidyalaya locked up the Principal and some teachers in the school since yesterday afternoon, upset over their exam results, police sources said.

At around 1:00 pm today, however, the teachers were allowed to go by the girl students after a representative from the Education Ministry promised a review.

"The students have let the teachers free on assurance from the Education Department that all the results of the failed students will be reviewed shortly," a police official said.
:shocked: :pound::pound: :scared1:

sob

Mod
Country flag
No need to study. Just take the teachers hostage and the education dept. will take care of your results.
@Kesang are you willing to try this for your JEE

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesang

No need to study. Just take the teachers hostage and the education dept. will take care of your results.
@Kesang are you willing to try this for your JEE
just tell me the address of that teacher who will check my JEE paper. Kidnapping my school principal is no use.

sob

Mod
Country flag
just tell me the address of that teacher who will check my JEE paper. Kidnapping my school principal is no use.
Just file a RTI plea, maybe you will get the details........

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Well its again failure of education system's evaluation methods & social-pressure channelizing through parents on their kids.

What these girls did was maybe unprecedented, I expect more creative ways coming from school students to deal with this problem.

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Sure will try. I am sure that some members of DFI have media contacts.
@SpArK is in the media IIRC

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles