Giriraj Singh broke down after meeting PM over Sonia Gandhi remark

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sasi, Apr 21, 2015.

1. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

A day after Union Minister Giriraj Singh had to apologise in the Lok Sabha over his remarks against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he on Tuesday reportedly broke down after he met Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the issue.
    A lot of BJP leaders were also present when Giriraj Singh broke down, according to TV reports. HRD Minister Smriti Irani reportedly consoled him after he began crying, according toTimes Now.
    On the other hand, Giriraj Singh himself denied breaking down after meeting the PM. "I had no meeting with the PM and who said I cried? Who saw?" he said, according toANI.
    On Monday, after Congress leaders created uproar in the Lok Sabha over Giriraj Singh's remark, the minister said, "I did not mean to insult or offend anyone. If anyone was hurt by my statements, I regret it."
    The opposition had earlier demanded Prime Minister Narendra Modi apologise for Singh's comment and had demanded that the minister resign, forcing an adjournment in the Lok Sabha soon after the budget session resumed.
    The controversy began when Giriraj Singh had in an off-the-record comment said, "If Rajiv had married a Nigerian woman, would Congress have accepted her? If Sonia had not been white, would the party have accepted her?"
    His remarks had been severely criticised by Opposition leaders. RJD's Lalu Prasad Yadav had said, "He should be made to wear bangles, vermilion, bindi, and his face should be blackened as he has crossed borders of indecency."
    Senior Congress leader Raj Babbar had even said that Giriraj Singh was suffering from 'mental illness'. "If the government is not able to get him cured of his illness, I am ready to bear expense for his proper treatment at any mental hospital in Ranchi, Agra or Nagpur," Babbar had said.
    Sonia Gandhi herself had dismissed Singh's "racist" remarks as stemming from a "narrow mindset". "It is not appropriate to respond to or comment on people with such narrow mindset. This is my answer," she had said.

http://t.co/apDMB0smtG

3. sasi

Brijesh Pandey
    @ brijeshpandey27 6h
    @ mehranzaidi @ PragyaTiwarihe

did..but it happened in front of us..he broke down and Smriti Irani consoled him and took him to another side

Brijesh Pandey
    @ brijeshpandey27 6h

Giriraj singh breaks down as Modi pulls him up for derogatory remarks against Sonia Gandhi

https://mobile.twitter.com/brijeshpandey27/status/590411374737555456?p=v

he claims he along with other witness to it!

4. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Is it only me or do you people also feel that the Lalu quote is actually an affront to Indian Women.

What Giriraj said is an actual query. I also ask it of you if you are a Congressi.

5. sasi

imagine just for a query, Queen's slaves ganged up against him including media stooges!

What will happen if he really attacked her!

6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Modi has a reputation of putting the fear of God into people ;)

7. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Modi ab Naidu ko bhi daantega.

I am half expecting a call from lodhi road myself.
    :p