Ghulam Nabi Azad Decides Homosexuality is a Disease

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sanjay, Jul 5, 2011.

1. sanjay

sanjay Regular Member

Armchair expert Ghulam Nabi Azad has decided that homosexuality is a "disease that is spreading fast" among Indians:

BBC News - India health minister: Gay sex is a disease

This should serve as a warning to the knee-jerk liberal Left that their heroic Congress Party politicians are nothing more than throwbacks to regressive beliefs.

Just by looking at Azad, I think that he may be suppressing personal feelings of guilt, just like anti-gay US Congressman Larry Craig.

3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Everyone is entitled to it's opinion. BBC picks on an Indian minister for obvious reasons.

There are pro and anti gay opinion throughout the world. What's wrong in Azad giving his? Baba Ramdev very recently said the same and had even more adjectives for gays.

Dont know about it being a disease or any disorder, but it can be termed as unnatural strictly going by the reason God made male and female, it was to reproduce. That's how it is for all life on earth. That's how life is created. Anything against that is surely not how God intended men to use their things.

That some people want to enjoy the "pleasure" of gay sex, it's entirely their choice.

4. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Ghulam Nabi's incompetence precedes his ministry. MCI is in complete disarray, state-sponsored health schemes are falling flat due to financial mismanagement. And he is failing miserably as the AICC state incharge of Andhra Pradesh, where he is behaving in a partisan manner with Coastal Andhra politicians against those from Telangana.

He will be the first to lose his portfolio in Bongress' next round of musical chairs..errr..cabinet reshuffle.

5. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Being Gay does not make one incapable of reproduction. Unless they are insufficiently fertile or suffer from erectile dysfunction they are very much capable of procreation in the natural order of things. It's just that they do not enjoy or derive pleasure from procreating with the opposite sex. Just like people have different hobbies, likes, choices for recreation, gay folks may choose to invest emotionally in someone of the same sex. There is nothing unnatural about it.

To think of it, if god intended for us to cover ourselves, he would have not have put us out into the world with nary a stitch. In that way, wearing clothes is unnatural!

Precisely. This is about choices, freedom to decide for self without let, harm or hindrance. How does it matter to others if some folks lead their lives differently that what is the norm- as long as it does not harm or inhibit others?

pack leader likes this.
  6. Yusuf

That is not what I said. I said the primary objective of sex is to reproduce. That is only possible if a male and female have sex.

7. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Precisely. Gays can reproduce if they have sex with a member of the opposite gender (unless they suffer from conditions mentioned above). Perfectly natural

It's just that they may not be particularly inclined towards it. Nothing unnatural about it. Lots of regular folks have similar thoughts.

If they would reproduce via homosexual intercourse, Now that would go against the natural order of things- but that's never happened isn't it?

Human mind is an enigma- what's good for the Goose may not necessarily be good for the Gander. As long as it conforms to live and let live, does it really matter?

8. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

The primary objective is pleasure, not reproduction. Pleasure is the primary incentive for a couple of any species to have sexual intercourse. The number of times the average human couple has sex for pleasure exceeds the number of times it has sex to procreate. In this regard, homosexuality is not a disorder, not even technically.

The Messiah, LurkerBaba and Anonymous like this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Gulam Nabi Azad is acting a fool, which who knows, he might be.

It is like that slogan - Virginity Causes Cancer!

Yusuf,

While you are right that the end result of copulation, done at the correct time in the woman's cycle, is for increasing the population, but I daresay that there is no sensual titillation in the act.

To be more graphic, activities prior to the act that encourages the reproductive instrument to be efficient in delivery of the element that induces productivity are not clinically required if it were to merely increase population.

Therefore, would it be honest to say that the instrument and the act of copulation alone would add to the population without other activities that encourages rising to the occasion?

If it could, then one would not see the advertisement on the wall as one approaches Delhi of various alternate medicine practitioners with monstrous moustaches assuring 100% success to rejuvenate the male reproductive organ from its rather lethargic state!

While I have not had the privilege to be a homosexual, yet I am strong believer that unsafe sex in all its form and partners would lead to diseases not only AIDS, but other minor ailments, which in the older days would be taken as serious diseases that would lead to social ostracising.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  10. Ray

I believe such people are known as Bisexual.

Enjoying the fruits of both the worlds!

11. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

key word here is Health Minister Ramdev Baba is free to say what he wants whereas the Health minister must roll his tongue twice before talking

12. Ray

The Govt, when in a tight spot, was snidely implying that Ramdev and his right hand man from Nepal were in some close association!

And then they went on finding out the details of Indian nationality and the assets of the Trusts!

13. Yusuf

I didn't say it's a disorder. I said it's not what the creator intended. I am not against homosexuals for the choice they make. I am commenting on it being contrary to what Gods intention was when he made man and woman.

While today we may have sex for pleasure, when man was created, it was for the expansion of the species not for pleasure. They had to multiply to survive.

14. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

La. He did. But he also claimed that practice of yoga could help. What cure has Azad in mind? None.

15. Yusuf

16. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince Regular Member

I don't mind people doing buggry, till the time they do it in their rooms, if they ever try and approach me I will put a Hot Iron in their lower backs!

Btw GNA is entitled to his views and more over two men making out is hard to fathom; however two women making out is fine at my end!

17. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Obviously Ray Sir, this was the danger to the Capital city- the close... association between the Baba and his disciple, that led to the midnight crackdown.

18. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Is it a crime, sin or a disease? Or just a harmless aberration?

Wiki entry

Legal status in modern Islamic nations
    Homosexual relations are a crime and face punishment in some Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia, or Islamic Republics such as Iran. The death penalty is currently in place in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, northern Nigeria, Sudan, and Yemen.[40][41] It formerly carried the death penalty in Afghanistan under the Taliban, but subsequently has changed from a capital crime to one that is punished with fines and a prison sentence.

[edit] Homosexuality

Main article: Christianity and homosexuality
    [edit] Male homosexuality

Christianity has traditionally regarded homosexuality, in the sense of human sexual behavior, to be an immoral practice (or vice) and sinful, and most major Christian denominations (containing the majority of Christians worldwide) continue to hold this view, including the Roman Catholic Church,[1] conservative synods of the Lutheran Church (i.e., Missouri Synod[2][3][4] ), the Eastern Orthodox churches,[5] most Evangelical Protestant churches, the Southern Baptist Convention, the LDS Church, the Brethren in Christ,[6] and the Christian & Missionary Alliance.

19. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

If sex is treated as something ordinary and not as an extraordinary evil then most of the psychological problems of the world will come to an end, it is the suppression of sex that causes all sorts of mental problems like anxiety, depression, deprivation, rape or even homosexuality which in many cases is caused by guilt of looking at a women, we as children are told its wrong to have feelings for a women or masturbate and so instead they look for something that does not cause them this guilt.

If two adults want to have sex with each other and play around, how the f**k is that an concern of the state or religion? It should not be treated anything more evil than two people watching a movie for their pleasure.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Regular Member

Homosexuality is not a disease. That guy is an embarrassment to the country with his lack of knowledge and his backward thinking. Granted he has full right to his free speech but when he occupies a government position anything he says can be be reflecting the position of billion of Indians. What a retard.

pack leader likes this.
  21. Anonymous

Anonymous Regular Member

You mean BJP is any different? What planet are you on?

Read more at: Supreme Court to hear on legalisation of gay rights today