Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

FRYCRY

Country flag
ok im sure this doesn't count as a ghost spotted thing but when i was 14 years old i went to a camp in Dalhousie (himachal). Our group had 10 kids, after campfire we were roaming near gate which was little away from our main guest house and i saw strange yellow flickering lights in sky with 5 pattern like on a dice.. they were not fireflies nor they looked like airplane... they moved in certain pattern in a very quick manner...this happened for literally 15 minutes, even our teacher saw this and he was clueless...

i have no idea what was that thing....

Untitled.png

this was the pattern.....and they moved very quickly...

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
great thread @A chauhan! i can literally FLOOD this dhaaga! :D

okay i dont have 'ghostly' experiences (in a way, fortunately; the after-effects are not always normal), plenty of supernormal experiences, yes, but none of the disembodied variety. i'll just keep you fellows hooked with follow-ups to your own/your acquaintances' experiences with anecdotes, observations, studies, etc. i have dabbled in this area for quite a few years, so trust me to atleast do that much. :)

My real story,

In 2005-6 I and my friend used to walk approx 3+3 km daily , there is a Tehsildar office in a sub street on that road and that road itself is a sub road, Tehsildar office is very old building of Angrezon ka zamana. And that area is actually a village of some 100 people. We started our walk about 8 pm , at that time the houses on that road were closed and locked so no one was there and it was quite dark with only a bulb on at the door of a house, I think except that house all the houses were locked.

When we were returning a figure was sitting at the last closed door , it appeared that a jet black old man was sitting in squatting position we saw it when we were 100 feet away , were couldn't figure out what or who was that. Finally we reached very close to it , the road was 7 feet wide made up of Murum, I was on the left and my friend was on my right side, and that figure was also at the left, I was almost 3+2 feets away from me still I couldn't figure out what was it, when we crossed it I kept looking at it turning back, suddenly my friend tightly grabbed my hand and said "Abe palat ke mat dekh aur road se neeche mat utarna" I said ok, I suddenly felt thrill that time, we started to walk fast and first went to a Hanuman mandir, then returned to home.

Next day my friend told me that it was "Masan" a kind of ghost, but I still don't know what was it.
My father bought a bicycle in 1970s or 60s perhaps , it was quite a thing of attraction for the villagers, he used to teach in a govt schools at some 30kms away from his villages, and his bicycle was his vehicle. One day he was returning from his school, he saw a jet black old figure sitting beside road at around 7 pm , it was dark, my father told me that it was even darker than the darkness, my father talked to him "what are you doing here, do you need a lift?" But that figure didn't reply , suddenly my father became scared and ran away on his bicycle.
does anyone want to see a couple of videos of it?! :biggrin2:
these figures are usually known as 'shadow people' loosely among paranormal researchers.

You should have asked for more dude. These are our oral traditions.

Anyway, I have a few too. Some are totally unbelievable told to me by my great-grandmother. But even though they were unbelievable to me, it was pretty clear to me, from looking at her expressions when she recalled the incidents, that she firmly believed in "paranormal" and black magic. After all she lived in a very different time. No electricity, no major dams to stop the yearly floods (this is KL,) forests everywhere etc.

Anyway I'll tell you a story told to me by my Nepali friend. This happened in Nepal several decades back. His (Nepali friend's) granddad had once gone to another village and was returning home. It was night-time and he was walking along a path. He had almost reached his village and his home. Some distance (some metres, perhaps) ahead he saw his son (a child at that time,) standing near a bush facing away from him. He called to his son and told him that play time is over, and that they need to go back home now. His son did not respond. He went closer and held his son by the shoulder and turned him around. And what he saw scared him so much that he did not talk to anyone for a long time. He saw a kid (it was not his son) and the kid had a face but the face was blank: no nose, no eyes, no mouth, no ears.
:scared1:
this apparition is also a VERY COMMON one thats sighted across the world. one ID for these is given as those who were gluttons or greedy in their life, & passed off with that same consciousness (traits developed or acquired over a lifetime are seldom easy to change till death), but crossing over to the next phase becomes difficult & they linger on in this form unless...............i'll leave it here.

Yeti type creature?
There are legends of yeti-type creatures in forested and remote areas all around the world (not kiddin')
From NA (sasquatch) to Rus, Mongolia, china, central asia, indonesia, SE asia and so on. One of them even turnde out to be true. That animal is called the Orangutan. In the Malay/Indonesian language it means "Forest Man"

Where is the incident you described taking place?
'orangutan' is old. the sasquatch's Javan/Sumatran cousin is known as 'orang pendek'. just a couple of years back biologists there had some excellent finds regarding it (esp. regarding collecting data of sightings) and one female researcher (cant recall her name) had a good sighting of it. its a very powerful entity (even though quite shorter than its Himalayan/chinese/australian/american cousins).

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Ghosts are creations of weak or unhealthy brains. All Bunkham.
Or adventurer brain ?..........:;)

ok im sure this doesn't count as a ghost spotted thing but when i was 14 years old i went to a camp in Dalhousie (himachal). Our group had 10 kids, after campfire we were roaming near gate which was little away from our main guest house and i saw strange yellow flickering lights in sky with 5 pattern like on a dice.. they were not fireflies nor they looked like airplane... they moved in certain pattern in a very quick manner...this happened for literally 15 minutes, even our teacher saw this and he was clueless...

View attachment 9533

Could be a UFO .......

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

View attachment 9533

these are loosely called 'mountain lights'. a variety of them. and also a VERY COMMON sighting across the world. good you had one.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Or adventurer brain ?..........:;)
a certain Mr. Jadhav with an apparently healthy brain & an adventurous streak had ventured to prove the same thing, that apparitions are products of 'unhealthy' brains, in a haunted building at Nashik sometime back. he came back with an unhealthy leg (broken, when he quickly jumped out of a window from the 2nd floor upon sighting the apparitions of the 2 sobbing sisters who are said to haunt the building) and a humbled and aware brain. :)

Country flag
We already have an old thread for this

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/do-you-believe-in-paranormal-activities.14641/page-2

My post from there:

This story was told to me by a world war 2 veteran when I worked in a military hospital. The soldiers unit was on a small island in the Pacific near iwo jima, when the Japanese started landing on the island, shortly afterwards the unit was surrounded by Japanese and everyone that was with him were dying. At the time time the soldier was young and he started to panic. He said a unknown American soldier tapped him on the shoulder and pointed in a direction, the soldier started running in that direction, he said he was not even running he said he felt like he was flying, he reached the other side of the small island until reinforcements came and took the island back. Later the Americans were placing the dead in body bags and he was helping. As he placed one of the bodies in the bag he recognized it was the unknown soldier that pointed him to run. The soldier explained that this had haunted him his whole life he does not know if the soldier was dead or alive when he pointed the way?He does not know how he survived when the rest of his unit were all dead and he does not know how he crossed a small island a few miles wide so quickly?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

View attachment 9533

This could be what is now known as "ball lightning".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
One famous example occurs in Mekong river, known as Mekong Naga Fireballs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_fireball

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Those who believe in Paranormal activities should do M.D in Psychiatry cause there is no simple answer to what you wrote.

BTW its not about ghost or paranormal activity as such.

Its all about Brain my friend.

Hysteria / functional / Pseudo/Non electrical/ Non organic -Presentation

Audio video hallucination.

Brief/ transient Schizophrenia (my terminology) or Psychosis.

Her cure by Imam is a placebo effect.

work up history, pathophysiology, think rational, think twice, don't panic (be brave).
My response in that thread. fuuuuuuu.........Being not consistent with my own previous assertions haunts me the most. :biggrin2:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
'orangutan' is old. the sasquatch's Javan/Sumatran cousin is known as 'orang pendek'. just a couple of years back biologists there had some excellent finds regarding it (esp. regarding collecting data of sightings) and one female researcher (cant recall her name) had a good sighting of it. its a very powerful entity (even though quite shorter than its Himalayan/chinese/australian/american cousins).
Yes, I think the forest man legends are real.
In spite of all the boasting, there are places on the planet where man csn not survive and can stay for only short time, and these creatures can elude detection.

One famous example is the gorilla; nobody believed when the africans said there were ape-men in the forests. But eventually the "west" found them.

Another one the panda; the panda is an animal which eats only bamboo (so limited range) and is basically dumb as a bag of rocks but still it took the west several decades of expeditions to "discover" the panda, in spite of locals insisting of the black-and-white bear.

A chauhan

Country flag
@OneGrimPilgrim , say thanks to @alphacentury who posted his story on Chit Chat thread , not to me :)

My mom tells me that a black hairy ghost (Masaan) used to stand at the gate of her village home every night but he was unable to enter since our home was treated with mantras, one day my Nana who was a famous exorcist hold that ghost with his own hands took him away and that ghost never returned.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
This could be what is now known as "ball lightning".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
One famous example occurs in Mekong river, known as Mekong Naga Fireballs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_fireball
i'd rather say not ball lightning. reason being the 'ball' is usually cited alone. frycry's experience is close to that of 'dancing lights', which's a very common experience in mountains (even those like the Urals) and forested areas. a hundred years or so earlier the most convenient excuse/explanation that used to be dished out for it was that it was 'swamp gas' (the same ghisi-piti excuse that the USAF used to give for UFOs), however many observers vehemently disagreed with that on account of their own sightings/experiences. 'swamp gas' has now been relegated to the coffin of convenient excuses anyhow.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Yes, I think the forest man legends are real.
In spite of all the boasting, there are places on the planet where man csn not survive and can stay for only short time, and these creatures can elude detection.

One famous example is the gorilla; nobody believed when the africans said there were ape-men in the forests. But eventually the "west" found them.

Another one the panda; the panda is an animal which eats only bamboo (so limited range) and is basically dumb as a bag of rocks but still it took the west several decades of expeditions to "discover" the panda, in spite of locals insisting of the black-and-white bear.
though there's more to it than being just 'forest man'. ;)
may be topic for another discussion.
there're a plethora of crypto-creatures which have been reported from across the world since hundreds of years (reports atleast from the times of the explorer missionaries, and later the better ones coming through from the legendarily famous explorer, late Ivan T. Sanderson), ranging from walking/swimming Mokele-mbembe (saurpods) in/near the Congo basin, to flying pterosaurs of papua new guinea and thunderbirds of the US, etc., etc. i know of one biologist/zoologist who turned into a cryptozoologist too and does some excellent studies in this area.

alphacentury

Country flag

View attachment 9533

Does any one recall Jim Corbett's narration of lights moving in patterns at some place in Himalaya. It was a yearly routine where this event happens for some particular length of days during night. He saw it and details it in 'Temple Tiger' I think.

Also another story from him: This story involves him and a local tehsildar. They are tracking a man eating tiger and reach a village. The only place for them to stay the night is the nearby guest house, upon hearing this the tehsildar argues to leave. He doesnt listen to anything Corbett says, leaves with another companion. Corbett is astonished that why a man insists on walking several kms at night in a man eater area. After staying the night in that house, he realizes why the guy left so suddenly. But then he logs off by saying there is no place for ghost stories in a hunting book. So, no description of what happened.

a certain Mr. Jadhav with an apparently healthy brain & an adventurous streak had ventured to prove the same thing, that apparitions are products of 'unhealthy' brains, in a haunted building at Nashik sometime back. he came back with an unhealthy leg (broken, when he quickly jumped out of a window from the 2nd floor upon sighting the apparitions of the 2 sobbing sisters who are said to haunt the building) and a humbled and aware brain. :)
Never experienced anything personally, so unbeliever till now.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Does any one recall Jim Corbett's narration of lights moving in patterns at some place in Himalaya. It was a yearly routine where this event happens for some particular length of days during night. He saw it and details it in 'Temple Tiger' I think.

Also another story from him: This story involves him and a local tehsildar. They are tracking a man eating tiger and reach a village. The only place for them to stay the night is the nearby guest house, upon hearing this the tehsildar argues to leave. He doesnt listen to anything Corbett says, leaves with another companion. Corbett is astonished that why a man insists on walking several kms at night in a man eater area. After staying the night in that house, he realizes why the guy left so suddenly. But then he logs off by saying there is no place for ghost stories in a hunting book. So, no description of what happened.
yes i do recall. also, his experience at night near the Thak village.
also, know about his stay in the haunted circuit house & what transpired that night.

Never experienced anything personally, so unbeliever till now.
i though dont summarily discount or reject experiences, neither mine nor others'. i maintain a 'seeker's' mind and composure.

alphacentury

Country flag
yes i do recall. also, his experience at night near the Thak village.
also, know about his stay in the haunted circuit house & what transpired that night.

i though dont summarily discount or reject experiences, neither mine nor others'. i maintain a 'seeker's' mind and composure.
Do tell/detail.

though there's more to it than being just 'forest man'. ;)
may be topic for another discussion.
You may unload them here, as unknown beings are often counted as ghosts or paranormal, unless you debunk these stories with scientific 'heresay' and take the charm off, what say @A chauhan @Razor .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Well, I have faced ghosts only in my dreams.
I became an atheist at age of 10 but it took me to reach at 12 to be an honest atheist who doesn't believe in ghosts.:p

Though, I have seen shining dishes in the sky 2-3 times (which I believe to be UFOs).
I don't remember that it was my dream or really a sight.
That's why I'm so enthusiastic about UFOs.
But ghosts it's horse$hit and in fact donkey$hit.
For my project, I tracked stars till @2AM of nights for nearly a weak in a graveyard. Neither I felt afraid for a minute, nor any ghost eaten me up.
I was just 12 years old then and realized what I've become.:biggrin2:

View attachment 9533

I saw same to same designs in the sky 3 times (which I'm calling UFO).
You too?:jaw:
Worry2.gif

Damn!!

A chauhan

Country flag
I and my friend still talk about that incident as to how close we were to that creature who at first appeared like an old villager sitting in squatting position but later looked like a jet black creature of unknown specie, and my friend still call it as ghost.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Heard few troops experience posted at High altitude, however according to DR Its hallucinations because of rarified atmosphere.

Personally, i've never experienced such thing.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I have one big story to share.

@OneGrimPilgrim It is one of the important experiences in my life.
Last year, in October time, my guruji sent me to an agency area near Paderu in A.P. to work in Kalyan Ashrama.

I jumped at the chance and went to our place in the agency. We have a decent two storey building there and provide shelter to orphaned kids. I was very pumped up to participate in the whole adventure.

During those days, my incident happened.

We had a donor who was interested in construction of a hostel building for girls. So all the activities were going full swing during my stay. I used to participate in many activities related to the construction of building.

So one day, a donor sent us tiles needed for entire building floor. We had a schedule to keep watch over the tiles at night time. The construction site is located at the foot of hill side. Paderu is known for big mountains.
Our hostel boys and a pracharak took the responsibility of protecting the materials.
So they took turns to do the job. I was kind of guest and never given any task.

But one day, I came forth and expressed my willingness to do some work for them. They agreed.

That day night, I took the watch and went to the construction site.

It was 10 PM and very much dark. I reached the place and prepared my bed for the night. Remember that is agency area. Very less populated. If some one murders me there, no one will find me for eternity.

Then my story started. After some half an hour, I woke up suddenly. These stupid birds kept making sounds and I heard some stupid sounds for an hour. Clock ticked past 11.30 PM. I became spooked by then.

I called my guruji at the time. He told me to man it up and stop imagine things. I tried it. He told me his own fear related moments in his life. All my nerves settled after the conversion. I ended my conversation and kept my mobile phone under my pillow. I was listening to some devotional songs at the time.

Suddenly, I was startled by some thing creepy. It crawled up from my feet to all the way to neck. I had gone bonkers then. First time in my life, I experience some thing beyond my knowledge. Huh, the treachery of my mind. How treacherous it can be.

I spat at it. And packed my luggage at the moment and returned to safe place at midnight.

To this day, some people make fun of me about it. I enquired about what was going there. Any extra normal things. The tribal people told me some stories about the place I had slept.

Silence can unravel our psyche in such a way that you will notice the world in a different way.

P.S. Forgive my english.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles