Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Almost all the govt hospitals and hostels have ghost stories of their own. And it's common across the nation.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Believe me ghost stories are my family time pass, whenever we get together we take out this topic merely for time pass, nothing more, if there are ghosts , let them be , if not I take it as stories.

Girls do not die that easily, mostly boys become ghosts :lol: ;)

What I posted here I had posted here too :- http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/do-you-believe-in-paranormal-activities.14641/page-5

Btw guys! This thread is not about the discussion whether ghosts exists are not but just stories. Just for time pass !!

One more from me, perhaps I had posted it "Do you believe..." Thread. :-

When I was doing Ll.b. I used to live in a rented room of a Muslim family, there were some rooms on the first floor, my room was separate with lat bath beside my room, one day in the middle room a lady ghost appeared she sat on the chest of an MR ( Medical Rep.) And started to choke him, around 1 am, when he opened his eyes , he found some one with long open hairs with white bangles from wrist to shoulders , face covered up with hairs, sitting on his chest and choking him, he tried to shout but couldn't, when he was about to collapse she disappeared. But he had urinated in his pants, he didn't sleep whole night and vacated the room early in the morning. We dismissed his story calling him alcoholic . Our landlord called a black veiled peer and he fixed some big nails. But from that day I started to sleep face down for sound sleep, rationale behind this if someone has to choke me let her sit on my back rather than the chest. :lol:
the old hag phenomenon..again, quite commonly reported.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Ghanta, koi bhoot woot nahi hota.. it is nothing but hallucination.
Again, Ch**t a ur bhoot sirf kismat Walon ko hi dikhta hai...

Btw, any one wish to go to bhootaha places, take me along... I want to see a bhoot...
also, mass hallucination(s) too, wherein, people hallucinate & experience the exact same thing(s) together, and simultaneously.

A chauhan

Country flag
Hey guys what you think about reports of school girls being unconscious in groups, I am sure you would have heard of similar cases ? E.g. http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2013-08-30/students-fall-unconscious-in-school-377250.html

Similar incident happened many time on a school of Dhamtari district, the girls used to see 3 female ghosts on a tree then they fell unconscious after screaming and it continued for a month, so much that a main stream news paper published a full page report of it. Doctors were confused and called it mass hysteria. But couldn't cure them.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Hey guys what you think about reports of school girls being unconscious in groups, I am sure you would have heard of similar cases ? E.g. http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2013-08-30/students-fall-unconscious-in-school-377250.html

Similar incident happened many time on a school of Dhamtari district, the girls used to see 3 female ghosts on a tree then they fell unconscious after screaming and it continued for a month, so much that a main stream news paper published a full page report of it. Doctors were confused and called it mass hysteria. But couldn't cure them.
Some girls are known to engage in this sort of stuff to gain sympathy.

Actually a lot of girls believe in such shit!! Smart ones use it for their benefit!

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

Similar incident happened many time on a school of Dhamtari district, the girls used to see 3 female ghosts on a tree then they fell unconscious after screaming. Doctors were confused and called it mass hysteria. But couldn't cure them.
i have been reading incidents of the same types from elsewhere (south america, etc) too since past few days. doctors as always confused, with the same makeshift 'explanation' always ready for deployment.

A chauhan

Country flag
Some girls are known to engage in this sort of stuff to gain sympathy.

Actually a lot of girls believe in such shit!! Smart ones use it for their benefit!
Only girls falling unconscious forces me to think of some psycho-sexual disorder.

One more story which my father used to tell us, there was a marriage taking place in his maternal village Loharsing, and Barat arrived, unfortunately that day there was heavy rain fall, so Barat is asked for shelter, one man suggested to reside at Sarpanch's Kothi, and they asked Sarpanch the same, Sarpanch hesitated and asked them if you won't blame me for anything I'll give you permission, they agreed. During the night they were sleeping in a big hall, but a mischievous person was trying to choke one after another for 2 or 3 seconds, none could sleep, they thought a barati would be joking, but it happened with everyone then they started to notice they saw a black figure doing the same and disappearing on the spot. They left the Kothi asap, it was a pet ghost of Sarpanch's wife, as told by the villagers next day, my father used to laugh telling this story.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Ghanta, koi bhoot woot nahi hota.. it is nothing but hallucination.
Again, Ch**t a ur bhoot sirf kismat Walon ko hi dikhta hai...

Btw, any one wish to go to bhootaha places, take me along... I want to see a bhoot...
Story for your type.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this guy did not believe in ghosts or anything. There was a cremation ground next to the village, which was supposed to be haunted(surprise surprise!!).

He laughed at his friends when they talked about ghosts. So he decided to end the story once and for all and said he will go to the crematorium, alone at night. They give him a stick to leave there as a mark that he went there in the night. So the guy goes there in the night and plants the stick.

Everything was normal till that point. But suddenly as he turned to go back, he could not move. His leg was stuck there. Next day his friends went there to find him dead with his dhoti being entangled in the stick that he put there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moral of the story. Probably there was nothing and he just got a heart attack by not being able to move. Apparently his dhoti got stuck while he planted the stick. But his mind had the doubts about the ghost.

So, even if you don't believe in ghosts, your mind can play tricks with you. That is why even strong willed people are dissuaded from going to haunted places alone. Specifically if they have already heard such stories.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
WHEN I WALKED WITH A GHOST--A TRUE STORY!

Rajee Kushwaha
/ 9 yrs ago /

WHEN I WALKED WITH A GHOST-A TRUE STORY!

“Rubbish!” This is what most of you will yell. And some of my rationalist friends would dismiss it as “ILLUSIONS” of my fertile mind. Alright, dammit, you have your prerogative to trash it. But what can I do? I have walked with a ghost for a distance of three KMs. No, I am not gassing. It is something like“Ripley’s BELIEVE IT OR NOT”. I have undergone this true experience and that’s why I turned into a believer in THE EXISTENCE OF SOULS, SUPER NATURAL POWER,

PARA

NORMALACY and the EXISTENCE of A SUPREME BEING. Well! The story goes back 36 years.
I was in the prime of my youth—an educated and a modernyoung man of my own philosophies and beliefs. To say the least, there was no scope for superstitions and blind faith inunproven and unscientific phenomenon. I was like any normal young man of all times-- brash, aggressive, unrelenting, uncompromising, and uncaring as well as a non-believer in the orthodoxy and a narrow minded worldview of religious rigidity. GOD and RELIGION, then, were the BACK BENCHERS, somewhere in the INSIGNIFICANTSLOTS of my MIND! My profession had further strengthened my prejudices of the uselessness of RELIGIOUS EXTRAVAGANZA of MYTHS AND LEGENDS. In this profession,you sleep with dead bodies littered around you. You keepdoing your job; while men keep falling DEAD as you yourself DEFY DEATH. It was night 18/`19 December 1971. I was on my way home, on some leave to my village, called BALACHAUR, a tiny HAMLET of around 200 houses. It was then part of HOSHIARPUR district of PUNJAB and now it falls under NAWANSHAHAR district. The village has now overgrowninto a township of around 30,000 people. Two nearby villages have been swallowed by it and it threatens to eat a few more. Just on the previous day i.e.17 December 1971, INDIA had won a great victory in the BANGLA DESH war. Whole Nation had gone crazy—MILITARY MEN were the heroes everywhere---there were celebrations and thanksgiving parties—girls of LSR & MIRANDA HOUSE in New DELHI and some other big towns of those days had made brave statements of marrying wounded and crippled soldiers---women were flocking and welcoming soldiers on the railwaystations and bus stands and applying “TILAK” (LONGISH MARK WITH VERMILLION ON THE FOREHEAD) on soldier’s forehead---Radio stations were blaring out patriotic songs with soldiers as heroes. I can tell you most SOLDIERS were BLOATING with such high appreciation. By the way, I reckon the wholeCREDIT WAS BEING TAKEN BY THESE “REAR ECHELON SOLDIERS” whom the authors of “CRISISIN COMMAND”, Richard Gabriel and Paul Savage,dub as “REMF”—with due apologies to some sensitive friends, it stands for “ REAR ECHELON MOTHER FU*K**”.I suppose this is the way things are always—FRIUTSARE ALWAYS ENJOYED BY PERSONS OTHER THANTHE ONE WHO SOWED THE FRUIT PLANT During the immediate wake of this HYPE of VICTORYSONGS and perceived GREATNESS of SOLDIERS, on 18 DECEMBER 1971, at around 0835 hours, a poor me, landed at SRINAGAR Bus Stand hoping to catch some bus to go to JAMMU. What luck? A Maarwaris couple, who had been stuck in the valley during the war period, was negotiating with a KASHMIRI TAXI DRIVER. I toolanded there. On seeing me, the couple extended me an invitation to travel with them up to PATHANKOT. How could I resist? They were a young twosome—probably newly married—who had come to KASHMIR around 1st December but got stuck up due to war. The name of the man was AMIT PATEL and he addressed his wife as ASHU—I do not know her exact name. We took off at around 9 AM and made it to PATHANKOT—then a RAIL HEAD FOR J&K, at about 2045 hours. It was an awesome journey with army vehicles being given preference everywhere. Roads were jam packed with boisterous military men having a whale of a time in enjoying their sudden MOMENTS OF FAME at every village, hutment or road side eateries. They were undoubtedly thrilled at so much attention being bestowed on them through their countrymen’s unabashed display of GRATITUDE to their Valour. A lot of exaggeration and gibberish wasbeing dished out as episodes of personal bravery by ‘rear echelon soldiers’. Some of them had never been combat soldiers and some others had never held a weapon in their lives in ‘olive green’. It was crazy and I was missing the excitement by being with a decentand a well behaved MARWAARIS couple in the taxi.They had plenty of eatables and we had our fill every hour. At Pathankot, the couple bid me goodbye and rushed to the railway station to catch the train to their sweet home. I was charged no penny. I moved to a road side DHABA (Eatery) and hoped to catch a truck to HOSHIARPUR. While having a cup of tea, a JALLANDHAR BOUND truck came and I asked SANTOKH Singh, the driver, if he could take me up to DASUYA. He readily agreed. The tea stall owner did not take from me 25 paisa for the excellent cup of warm tea he had given me. I insisted but he stubbornly refused. I had no choice but to accept the free hospitality of a poor tea stall owner. When many years later, in 1998 to be exact—I stopped at the same place, the stall had gone and a full fledged MOTELwas functioning. I, then, saw the PHOTOGRAPH of the TEA STALL OWNER FRAMED and HUNG on the WALL---I knew what had happened. That is a separate story to be recounted some other time. I got into the truck of SANTOKH SINGH around 21.30 hours. Instead of getting down at DASUYA, I carried on to Jallandhar and he dropped me at RAMA MANDI Chowk. It was around 0030 hours on the morning of 19 December 1971. My place was still some 85 Kms away—on Road Jallandhar-Chandigarh. Luckily, a small convoy of military vehicles came by. They were empty vehicles which were returning to Command HQ at Shimla (HP). They saw someone of their elk and in no time offered me a seat in the co-driver’s seat of the leading vehicle. It was around 1 AM that we might have started and the vehicles went at full blast. At around 0230 AM I was dropped at the “T” junction along the BIST DOAB CANAL where the road from CHANDIGARH bifurcated to HOSHIARPUR. This canal takes off from River SATLUJ at ROPAR Head works, some 30 kms away towards CHANDIGARH. The canal was constructed in mid fifties. Today it has a beautiful road running from ROPAR to BALACHAUR---where it dissects itself to HOSHIARPUR and JALLANDHAR. In those days, at this “T” Junction, there was a single THATHED HUT of a tea stall, owned by a person called YATI. In this hut barely two/three persons could be accommodated. He had a mud room behind this, where he lived with his family. Today, this place is buzzing with activity, round the clock. In fact, it is the emerging economic Zone of this township. There is a beeline of Restaurants and DHABAS along the road for a distance of 2-3 Kms on either side of the Flag of the “T”. My village is at a distance of three Kms from this T Junction. In those days, there used to be the course of an EAST-WEST semi-dry seasonal stream (CHOE or KHADD), unabridged and sandy, some 400-500 meters away from the “T” Junction towards the village. The area around it had thick wild grass right up to the village. At the other end of the stream, we had a FUNERAL GROUND for the last rights of the DEAD MEN of the village. To say the least, at around 0230 hours, in the wintry night there was no means of conveyance. Even during day hours, one used to wait for hours before one could get a bus. Therefore, I started on foot. I had only one small suit case. Luckily as I approached the Dry Stream Southern Edge, I met one of my Village UNCLES—who was going to his fields. Zaildar Balwant Singh was a man of around sixty nine. When He saw me, he instantly recognized me and fired me in anger. “What are you doing here at this unevenly hour?” he had shouted. I explained to him as to how I had made it in one day from SRINAGARto BALACHAUR. He couldn’t believe that I had come in a day. “Have you deserted?” he had commanded. “No, No, uncle I have come on leave, because mother had suffered a stroke”, I had replied. He was not convinced. He started talking of the war with PAKISTAN. I started narrating to him stories of our valor in the KASHMIR VALLEY . He started walking with me. He then, narrated to me the story of one MUSLIM boy, called YOUSOUF—the ONLY GRADUATE of the VILLAGE in those days—a ‘TELI’ by caste—who had become a BRIGADIER in Pakistan Army. He asked me about him. I knew nothing of him.Then, he talked of some CAPTAIN RAO FARMAN ALI of ASRON village (MUSLIM RAJPUTS—of GHOREWAHA CLAN—a sub caste of KACHHWAHA RAJPUTS of PUNJAB —owing ancestry to JAIPUR in RAJSTHAN) whose father was a big land lord of the area. ASRON village is near ROPAR on the Northern banks of River SATLUJ and tucked into SHIVALIK HILLS. This used to be the crossing place on SATLUJ before the BRIDGE AND HEADWORKS CAME UP IN 50’s. The village is now humming with lot of INDUSTRIAL activity. In those days, in 1971, it was a deserted village of MUSLIM RAJPUTS who had migrated toPAKISTAN. The RAO SAHIB of ASRON was a friend of ZAILDAR BALWANT SINGH. His son, Rao Farman Ali, had been commissioned into BRITISH INDIAN ARMY in pre-independence days. I knew nothing of this gentleman, too. His stories were so interesting that I didn’t know as to when I had reached the outskirts of my village. As we came near the bylane of the SAINI MOHALLA (Group of houses where people of SAINI SUBCASTE LIVE), he bid me farewell and cautioned me not to venture alone at such oddly hours. He told me he had to go to his fields as his TENANTS were waiting there for SUGAR CANE CHURNING (we used to call it BELNA or KOHLU for extraction of cane juice). I touched his feet and carried on my way home. I must have reached home around 3 AM. My family was very happy. We talked and talked of the war. I fell to sleep around 4 AM. Next day, I got up and spoke to my father about BRIGADIER YOUSOUF of Pakistan army. He confirmed and also added that YOUSOUF was his class mate (my father) and he had got VICEROY COMMISSION (VCO) while in BRITISH ARMY. VCOs were the forerunner of JCO rank of INDIAN/ PAKISTANARMY. He remained in touch with his village friends even after migration and retired as a brigadier around 1969. I asked him about Captain RAO FARMAN ALI—my father laughed on my ignorance. “BUDDHU (DUFFER), He is the same Major General RAO FARMAN ALI, who was the Chief of Staff of PAKISTAN ARMY in EAST BENGAL (now BANGLA DESH). I was flabbergasted at such crass ignorance. He had been in the news for many days before surrender of the PAKISTAN ARMY in Bangla Desh. How could I not link his name? Then my father snapped, “why are you asking me all this?” “Oh, I was just confirming because Uncle Balwant Singh, Zaildar uncle, had told me about them last night” I had said. “Shut up, don’t talk nonsense”, my father was suddenly serious. I was utterly confused. I told him that he had narrated these stories to me just last night. “What? Last night you met him?” my father was shell-shocked. “Yes, He walked with me” I replied. “I don’t believe this” uttered my father. “Why”, I asked. “Because, he died on 15 December 1971. We performed the last rites.” My father had muttered. I was stunned and shocked. It was unbelievable. How could that be? There was nothing like GHOST about him. He was a normal man walking with his stick, as I had always seen him before this. Then the fear overtook me and I went silent. I fell sick for aweek and my leave was a waste of time. I remained fearful of his coming again but he never came back. Whenever I narrate this story, it raises a number of questions. Do you have any? Tell you frankly; thereafter I never came across any such phenomenon but this incident and episode keeps haunting me for the last 36 years. There is no falsehood about this—MANO YA NA MANO (BELIEVE IT OR NOT).

brational

Country flag
Bhai log, if you want stories I will give you many..
But nothing happened with me first hand.. all are incidents told by others... so I never bought them.

Here is one simple and good one...

My maternal grandfather was a doc. He used to move across villages and reach home late at night. His mom passed a month back (from the incident). It was a cold night and visibility was merely few meters. Grand pa was hungry due to the appointments, so he was in a hurry to reach home. He crossed the bamboo bridge over the river, the places was deserted as no one lives around and the river bank used to be a shamshan ghat. The cold night forced him to keep his hands inside the pockets of his blazer. The fog was so dense that his eyes were moist, suddenly he felt that someone is wiping his eyes and in due course it happened thrice. He reached home, had his dinner and thanked his late mother for helping him out during the transit.

So guys, what say, interesting isn't it?

alphacentury

Country flag

Attention seeking. . . nothing else. many psychological reasons, though.

A chauhan

Country flag
One more incident my father told me :- my father was staying in Rajim while his mother was at Kopra a village at about 25 kms from there, he was studying in the night , at about 11 pm he suddenly saw her mom (my grand ma) standing in the room, he asked "when did you arrive? And started to make place for her seating, but when he again looked at her , no one was there, he searched her but didn't find, so he slept thinking it might be a hallucination.

Next morning his cousin arrived and told him that my grand ma had expired last night.

Bharat Ek Khoj

a sort of similar thing had happened once with a junior's coursemate while they were watching 'ringu' or 'grudge',
In movie The Ring ( the English version of ringu) whoever watches video tape dies in 7 days. At midnight the TV turns on automatically, a ghost comes out of TV and kills whoever watched the tape. I watched that movie and within 3 days my tv was turned on at 2 am :lol:
I was scared to death. Actually the TV had a problem, if switched off with remote only it can turn on any time. I tell this story to everyone.
:rofl:

brational

Country flag
During my college days in Gwalior, we had a marriage invitation from our friend's elder brother. It was in Itawah. 6 of us including me attended the marriage. At night after dinner one of our friends moved out for a smoke and he ended up by pissing under a very old silver oak tree. And then unusual things began. He met a beautiful lady when he was returning Back to the room. They talked for a while. She was very caring in nature and while parting away she promised to meet him again. As teen agers we all were desperate for a gal and after coming back he narrated everything, we were jealous, but wished him good luck.

We returned back to Gwalior and everything was as usual. My friend again met that lady near his apartment in a deserted night. He was so happy that he offered her to take her at his home. After semester exams of other streams, he was left alone. At night everything was normal and due to exam pressure my friend was having a headache. The lady offered him a message and he had fallen asleep on her lap. Next day he called us up and narrated the whole incident. He said he had the best sleep at night. We were jealous again. To confirm the story, while entering his apartment we enquired the watchman but he denied everything. We scolded him and asked him to show us the proof. Poor guy met her again after few days.
As narrated by him, she was tensed and she told him that she loves him but she is not normal and she vanishes in front of her eyes. He got the biggest shock of his life. When we met him in his apartment, he was having high fever. We consulted the doc but fever had grappled him. We called his parents and after listening to his story, they took him back home. He missed his semester exam and we lost a good friend..

Bharat Ek Khoj

About ghost, I never believed in it. My school was other side of rail track. The easiest way was to cross it to reach there. The people living around used to tell if someone says 'chal'(come) while crossing the rail track, a ghost follows you. Said many times, nothing happened :lol:

Now the real ghost kinda thing that I witnessed. I still don't know whether to believe as I was a kid.
Has anybody ever seen a movie in which a ghost possesses body of a man/woman ? Well It happened in my neighborhood. A woman was possessed by a man ghost. I even heard she speaking in man's voice. The shouting was terrifying. My cousin was crying like hell. We both kept a photo of Goddess believing that ghost wont possess us. (poor us)

alphacentury

Country flag
One more incident my father told me :- my father was staying in Rajim while his mother was at Kopra a village at about 25 kms from there, he was studying in the night , at about 11 pm he suddenly saw her mom (my grand ma) standing in the room, he asked "when did you arrive? And started to make place for her seating, but when he again looked at her , no one was there, he searched her but didn't find, so he slept thinking it might be a hallucination.

Next morning his cousin arrived and told him that my grand ma had expired last night.
Whoa, I heard similar stories in my family. My cousin saw/felt the presence of my grandfather at around 6 in the evening. She even told her mom that grandpa is here. She had a strange feeling. They both were very close. And they received the call that at around 7-8 that he has passed away. Couple of more stories like that i know.

Another one: One of my sister was coming from a distance of 30 kms with her scooty. So, she was exhausted and wanted to reach home. Some 1.5 kms from home the main road(NH) was pretty jammed. SO,she had to stand there , and then she saw her childhood friend at some distance who suddenly disappeared. She had not met him for a couple of years. After the traffic eased, when she went further, she saw some accident had happened. Upon reaching home she told her mum that she saw her friend but couldnt get a hold as he suddenly disappeared. Only to get a call next day that her friend had been in that accident there and died in the spot. But, she confidently recalls that when she saw her friend, he also saw her/was looking at her.

alphacentury

Country flag
About ghost, I never believed in it. My school was other side of rail track. The easiest way was to cross it to reach there. The people living around used to tell if someone says 'chal'(come) while crossing the rail track, a ghost follows you. Said many times, nothing happened :lol:

Now the real ghost kinda thing that I witnessed. I still don't know whether to believe as I was a kid.
Has anybody ever seen a movie in which a ghost possesses body of a man/woman ? Well It happened in my neighborhood. A woman was possessed by a man ghost. I even heard she speaking in man's voice. The shouting was terrifying. My cousin was crying like hell. We both kept a photo of Goddess believing that ghost wont possess us. (poor us)
:pound::pound::pound:.............................................................................................

Global Defence

New threads

Articles