Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Also another story from him: This story involves him and a local tehsildar. They are tracking a man eating tiger and reach a village. The only place for them to stay the night is the nearby guest house, upon hearing this the tehsildar argues to leave. He doesnt listen to anything Corbett says, leaves with another companion. Corbett is astonished that why a man insists on walking several kms at night in a man eater area. After staying the night in that house, he realizes why the guy left so suddenly. But then he logs off by saying there is no place for ghost stories in a hunting book. So, no description of what happened.
Speaking of "insisting on not spending the night." I got one story.
This is when I was in New Jersey. I was working for a consultancy and I stayed at the guest house of the consultancy. The owner is a Telugu guy, who has lived the US for decades.
The guest-house is spectacular, with the woods beginning just after the backyard of the house. There is a stream running through the backyard, and occasionally one can see deers and some type of birds coming for water (there are no fences here.)

The owner guy, refuses to sleep in the house (he has several other properties) and refuses to go into any room of the house alone. The story is that initially when this guy bought the house he spent a night here. That night he saw the figures of a white woman & a white child. He was shit scared and ran away in his car that very night. Since then he has never slept there. After some enquiry, he found that long ago a woman and her child were murdered in that house.
This guy isn't joking around because it will affect his business.
Anyway, when I stayed there I did not see any ghost. I did hear noises in the night though, but I'm pretty sure those were from birds/animals in the woods behind.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Do tell/detail.

You may unload them here, as unknown beings are often counted as ghosts or paranormal, unless you debunk these stories with scientific 'heresay' and take the charm off, what say @A chauhan @Razor .
details of the Thak tigress-hunt & Carpit saahab's 'other-worldly' experience? or his sojourn at the ckt-house?

yes, will do. the science-circle is also divided. this is a vast field having multiple areas of research. some of these (mostly related to psi) have yielded fascinating revelations. in others, the diving line is deeper, with one camp enthusiastically researching and attempting finding new things, while the other as always maintaining up-nosed attitude primarily for the sake of their repute & career. however, there's a limit to it which the sooner all (including academia & general ppl) understand the easier. anyway, i'd HIGHLY suggest people here to read late Colin Wilson's brilliant book 'mysteries' on the subject.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I had a few days ago...
I was doing some stuff on my desktop...
I guess is it was 2:00am .....
It's quite windy and rainy here in Patna at times....
There's a flat at my floor which has been closed for like 5-6 years
When it is rainy and windy it is quite difficult to hear what's happening on your floor...
I heard a woman scream as hell....
She was screaming-jaane do-chor do-mar Jane do-and things like that
And all this was pretty clear considering it was rainy and windy
I always keep a water bottle filled by my bed but in the morning it was empty....
It still scares me out

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Speaking of "insisting on not spending the night." I got one story.
This is when I was in the New Jersey. I was working for a consultancy and I stayed at the guest house of the consultancy. The owner is a Telugu guy, who has lived the US for decades.
The guest-house is spectacular, with the woods beginning just after the backyard of the house. There is a stream running through the backyard, and occasionally one can see deers and some type of birds coming for water (there are no fences here.)

The owner guy, refuses to sleep in the house (he has several other properties) and refuses to go into any room of the house alone. The story is that initially when this guy bought the house he spent a night here. That night he saw the figures of a white woman & a white child. He was shit scared and ran away in his car that very night. Since then he has never slept there. After some enquiry, he found that long ago a woman and her child were murdered in that house.
This guy isn't joking around because it will affect his business.
Anyway, when I stayed there I did not see any ghost. I did hear noises in the night though, but I'm pretty sure those were from birds/animals in the woods behind.
you being in the US must be aware of the new law (in some cities/states) that requires people to beforehand declare if any untoward incident has happened in the house or if it is haunted, before going to sell it.

that underlined part is one of the main impediments in my view that restricts a thorough scientific testing/understanding of the phenomenon - that is, it is not replicable. its not something that could be isolated and everyone can have a dekko everytime. at times it manifests without asking for, at other have to wait. cant be isolated. this is one of those limits i wrote of in my earlier post.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I have one big story to share.

@OneGrimPilgrim It is one of the important experiences in my life.
Last year, in October time, my guruji sent me to an agency area near Paderu in A.P. to work in Kalyan Ashrama.

I jumped at the chance and went to our place in the agency. We have a decent two storey building there and provide shelter to orphaned kids. I was very pumped up to participate in the whole adventure.

During those days, my incident happened.

We had a donor who was interested in construction of a hostel building for girls. So all the activities were going full swing during my stay. I used to participate in many activities related to the construction of building.

So one day, a donor sent us tiles needed for entire building floor. We had a schedule to keep watch over the tiles at night time. The construction site is located at the foot of hill side. Paderu is known for big mountains.
Our hostel boys and a pracharak took the responsibility of protecting the materials.
So they took turns to do the job. I was kind of guest and never given any task.

But one day, I came forth and expressed my willingness to do some work for them. They agreed.

That day night, I took the watch and went to the construction site.

It was 10 PM and very much dark. I reached the place and prepared my bed for the night. Remember that is agency area. Very less populated. If some one murders me there, no one will find me for eternity.

Then my story started. After some half an hour, I woke up suddenly. These stupid birds kept making sounds and I heard some stupid sounds for an hour. Clock ticked past 11.30 PM. I became spooked by then.

I called my guruji at the time. He told me to man it up and stop imagine things. I tried it. He told me his own fear related moments in his life. All my nerves settled after the conversion. I ended my conversation and kept my mobile phone under my pillow. I was listening to some devotional songs at the time.

Suddenly, I was startled by some thing creepy. It crawled up from my feet to all the way to neck. I had gone bonkers then. First time in my life, I experience some thing beyond my knowledge. Huh, the treachery of my mind. How treacherous it can be.

I spat at it. And packed my luggage at the moment and returned to safe place at midnight.

To this day, some people make fun of me about it. I enquired about what was going there. Any extra normal things. The tribal people told me some stories about the place I had slept.

Silence can unravel our psyche in such a way that you will notice the world in a different way.

P.S. Forgive my english.
Some questions:
What do you mean by agency area?
What do you mean by, "I spat at it"
Did you get to see the thing? Please describe it.
Finally, what are the stories the tribal people told you.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I and my friend still talk about that incident as to how close we were to that creature who at first appeared like an old villager sitting in squatting position but later looked like a jet black creature of unknown specie, and my friend still call it as ghost.
its not a 'creature' from what i get from your experience. its definitely this:

(a pic from the infamous 'zombie road' of Missouri)

watch the headless apparition in the 2nd clip of this video; that is the kind of entity you saw:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
its not a 'creature' from what i get from your experience. its definitely this:

(a pic from the infamous 'zombie road' of Missouri)

watch the headless apparition in the 2nd clip of this video; that is the kind of entity you saw:

No-no no , some one was sitting there and it was clear I could see the bended knee like structure head looking at the ground.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I had a few days ago...
I was doing some stuff on my desktop...
I guess is it was 2:00am .....
It's quite windy and rainy here in Patna at times....
There's a flat at my floor which has been closed for like 5-6 years
When it is rainy and windy it is quite difficult to hear what's happening on your floor...
I heard a woman scream as hell....
She was screaming-jaane do-chor do-mar Jane do-and things like that
And all this was pretty clear considering it was rainy and windy
I always keep a water bottle filled by my bed but in the morning it was empty....
It still scares me out
Do you live alone? Was the window open? Pets?
Man that is some creepy stuff.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Some questions:
What do you mean by agency area?
That is what local people call forest area. Pardon my Indian English.
What do you mean by, "I spat at it"
I knew something was there. So got kind of angry with all the situation.
Did you get to see the thing? Please describe it.
It was dark. No lights in forest. No shapes. But that thing came with me. I had this feeling then.
Finally, what are the stories the tribal people told you.
Some ghost stories. It involves some mystic related stuff.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
you being in the US must be aware of the new law (in some cities/states) that requires people to beforehand declare if any untoward incident has happened in the house or if it is haunted, before going to sell it.

that underlined part is one of the main impediments in my view that restricts a thorough scientific testing/understanding of the phenomenon - that is, it is not replicable. its not something that could be isolated and everyone can have a dekko everytime. at times it manifests without asking for, at other have to wait. cant be isolated. this is one of those limits i wrote of in my earlier post.
I live in Chennai now. I haven't really heard of that law and in any case this house has been in this person's possession since 90s.
And the house itself (the oldest part of the house) was built in the 50s.

-----------------

Sometimes the mind can play tricks, but anything is possible.
Maybe these are beings from a different plane of existence who are visible when there is "bug in the machine."

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I have one big story to share.

@OneGrimPilgrim It is one of the important experiences in my life.
Last year, in October time, my guruji sent me to an agency area near Paderu in A.P. to work in Kalyan Ashrama.

I jumped at the chance and went to our place in the agency. We have a decent two storey building there and provide shelter to orphaned kids. I was very pumped up to participate in the whole adventure.

During those days, my incident happened.

We had a donor who was interested in construction of a hostel building for girls. So all the activities were going full swing during my stay. I used to participate in many activities related to the construction of building.

So one day, a donor sent us tiles needed for entire building floor. We had a schedule to keep watch over the tiles at night time. The construction site is located at the foot of hill side. Paderu is known for big mountains.
Our hostel boys and a pracharak took the responsibility of protecting the materials.
So they took turns to do the job. I was kind of guest and never given any task.

But one day, I came forth and expressed my willingness to do some work for them. They agreed.

That day night, I took the watch and went to the construction site.

It was 10 PM and very much dark. I reached the place and prepared my bed for the night. Remember that is agency area. Very less populated. If some one murders me there, no one will find me for eternity.

Then my story started. After some half an hour, I woke up suddenly. These stupid birds kept making sounds and I heard some stupid sounds for an hour. Clock ticked past 11.30 PM. I became spooked by then.

I called my guruji at the time. He told me to man it up and stop imagine things. I tried it. He told me his own fear related moments in his life. All my nerves settled after the conversion. I ended my conversation and kept my mobile phone under my pillow. I was listening to some devotional songs at the time.

Suddenly, I was startled by some thing creepy. It crawled up from my feet to all the way to neck. I had gone bonkers then. First time in my life, I experience some thing beyond my knowledge. Huh, the treachery of my mind. How treacherous it can be.

I spat at it. And packed my luggage at the moment and returned to safe place at midnight.

To this day, some people make fun of me about it. I enquired about what was going there. Any extra normal things. The tribal people told me some stories about the place I had slept.

Silence can unravel our psyche in such a way that you will notice the world in a different way.

P.S. Forgive my english.
i could tell of such an incident related to another Guruji and aashram. later.

thing is, man had better tuned senses in earlier days, when his eyes were adapted to dark devoid of city lights, when smell & hearing ability would mean the difference between life and death. post-urbanisation, & leading 'hand-to-mouth' existence from office-to-home-to-office, our senses have gone blunt, our minds dulled, our experiences very narrow. so we basically lead a life thinking that "oh! i havent seen Japan. it doesnt exist. only crazies keep rambling about it", until somehow some of us get that 'blessed' inexplicable experience which changes the outlook (even our urban experiences are only ltd to 'urban' phenomena like hauntings, etc., while there are quite a few more fine supernormal forces at work, which, like you, could be experienced and better understood outside the limits of the 'civilised' world). even then, the fundamentalist skeptic would rather believe himself to have gone crazy rather than accepting the very narrow & closed boundaries of his conscious intellect/knowledge/experience/understanding. the best thing is - dont take anything at face-value nor reject it at face-value; try hundreds of things at it with hundreds of P & C of possibilities. if the experience(s) still defy your understanding/knowledge, then humbly accept and be willing to seek/learn more.

i've delved so much in this whole gamut of high strangeness kind of phenomena for so long, that i keep at heart late JBS Haldane's quote - "the world/universe is not only stranger than you suppose/imagine, but stranger than you CAN suppose/imagine!"

Ancient Indian

i could tell of such an incident related to another Guruji and aashram. later.

thing is, man had better tuned senses in earlier days, when his eyes were adapted to dark devoid of city lights, when smell & hearing ability would mean the difference between life and death. post-urbanisation, & leading 'hand-to-mouth' existence from office-to-home-to-office, our senses have gone blunt, our minds dulled, our experiences very narrow. so we basically lead a life thinking that "oh! i havent seen Japan. it doesnt exist. only crazies keep rambling about it", until somehow some of us get that 'blessed' inexplicable experience which changes the outlook (even our urban experiences are only ltd to 'urban' phenomena like hauntings, etc., while there are quite a few more fine supernormal forces at work, which, like you, could be experienced and better understood outside the limits of the 'civilised' world). even then, the fundamentalist skeptic would rather believe himself to have gone crazy rather than accepting the very narrow & closed boundaries of his conscious intellect/knowledge/experience/understanding. the best thing is - dont take anything at face-value nor reject it at face-value; try hundreds of things at it with hundreds of P & C of possibilities. if the experience(s) still defy your understanding/knowledge, then humbly accept and be willing to seek/learn more.

i've delved so much in this whole gamut of high strangeness kind of phenomena for so long, that i keep at heart late JBS Haldane's quote - "the world/universe is not only stranger than you suppose/imagine, but stranger than you CAN suppose/imagine!"
Trust me, that incident changed my whole life.

If someone tracks my post history on this forum, they can see drastic change in my way of discussions since last October.

@hit&run says ghosts are creation of weak minds.
But then what about the whole world?
Isn't it also creation of such weak mind?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I live in Chennai now. I haven't really heard of that law and in any case this house has been in this person's possession since 90s.
And the house itself (the oldest part of the house) was built in the 50s.

-----------------

Sometimes the mind can play tricks, but anything is possible.
Maybe these are eings from a different plane of existence who are visible when there is "bug in the machine."
yes, the mind also does play games. moreover, 'belief' too has a role to play in it, acting as a 'gatekeeper' for one to have an experience VOLUNTARILY.

it should suffice to say that the physical mortal plane of existence isnt the only one. while the western man, busy in his struggle for survival against bitter cold, looked and explored outwards hard-headedly, people of the east, blessed with nature's bounties, delved WITHIN (and thus also on the most ancient questions of "who am i?", "where have i come from?", "where will i go?"), and this part of the world has a VAST treasure of information on this aspect, which while interestingly attracts the western man in his quest for 'exploration', but most unfortunately receives derision & rejection from the eastern man himself in a bid to appear 'modern' & 'scientific', but that rather makes him appear 'over-educated' (in the words of a writer from Uttarakhand).
if the 'Indicness' is to be preserved, which the RW/neo-RW so vehemently bats for & espouses (for) its causes, it should also realise WHAT all it would also preserve in the way, which for me personally also is, the vast amount of well-researched and experienced immortal, TRANSCENDENTAL SPIRITUAL treasure/heritage particularly of this land which finds no parallel elsewhere in the whole world! this is THE MOST proudening FACT for me about Bhaaratvarsh!!

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
All if you may, if you have time and patience. Otherwise any one of them. No pressure.
sure. will do. though sorry, not tonight. have to get prepared for the modern man's healthy lifestyle of getting busy with the urban ab-normal phenomena come tomorrow morning. :)

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

If someone tracks my post history on this forum, they can see drastic change in my way of discussions since last October.

everyone have their ways, their outlooks. perspectives either stay or they change, not being dependent on discussions or debates, but on self-study or/and experiences. people take birth to walk a certain path(s) & explore with a certain mind(set), draw their own inferences, which may or may not be subject to change, based on various things. one lifetime is too short. the journey is of/over several, one may like to 'believe' or not. :)

Last edited:

Ancient Indian

everyone have their ways, their outlooks. perspectives either stay or they change, not being dependent on discussions or debates, but on self-study or/and experiences. people take birth to walk a certain path(s) & explore with a certain mind(set), draw their own inferences, which may or may not be subject to change, based on various things. one lifetime is too short. the journey is of/over several, one may like to 'believe' or not. :)
Good post.
I wish he further investigates the treachery of one's cruel mind.

I had some spiritual experiences before that. But they are very good and boosted my ego to new levels.
But ghost incident stripped my ego naked. Dark and hidden aspects of mind came to front on that fateful night.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

I am sorry I do not understand what you are trying to say.

BTW I read your story. You are a weak mind from the word go.

1. You are/were following some Guru Ji. Why ??

Solution: Do google and find all your answers instead.

2. I can see you had phobia of darkness, dark night.

Solution: Common sense says nights are always dark, learn to survive in dark, do more night outs, be fit and learn some night survival hacks.

3. You were scared of emptiness that you even feared someone can murder you.

Solution: Do tracking, go in Jungles, learn survival skills, learn marshal arts, learn how to use objects for self defense, start trusting yourself and win over your phobia, stop wacthing "Savdhaan India or Crime Patrol'.

4. You were scared of sounds of night, that you became so desperate and called your Guru Ji for help at an odd hour.

Solution: Grow up, don't bother people at odd hours. What he would have done if your fears were credible, nothing, just console.

Understand night sounds they are interesting. You can not learn them if you have never been out in nights, have not slept out under the stars. Google Bird sounds and bugs sounds.

5. Now your life has changed by a single sensory over load which might have been due to spastic muscles as your peripheral nervous system went haywire. And it is a common phenomenon, many body builders observe as they over work their muscles that leads to radiating muscular spasm or flutter. You did the same by rushing your adrenaline/catecholamines and other hormones like testosterone physiologically without exercise.

Solution: Don't change your life even if you have seen a real Ghost. There is nothing more powerful than human race on this planet. Face your ghosts they may be asking for a help.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
If you heard any ghostly story from your grandma/anyone else /your own experience, please post it here.

@pmaitra
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Please move the ghost posts from Chit Chat thread to here.

@alphacentury
@Razor

Your stories were great please post them here or they will get lost in lengthy Chit Chat thread.
This is what you do when you have nothing to do on SUnday!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles