Ghettoisation of Ahmedabad - From the eyes of a Muslim

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, May 4, 2013.

1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Attempt to make out as if Gujarat is some kind of hellhole - esp for Muslims. In all Indian cities generally different communities lived in different areas. Even in a cosmopolitan Bangalore if one looks at the older areas there are areas where Kannadigas are majority or areas with Tamizh people or areas with Christians or areas with Muslims or areas with many Gujaratis or Marwaris. With our diverse languages, cultures and eating habits it is but natural that people with similar lifestyle would feel more comfortable with their own kind.

maomao and Patriot like this.
  4. ashdoc

can some gujarati tell me what is the percentage of muslims in ahmedabad city---at least roughly .

i visited the city few days back and was told that riots were endemic there before 2002 godhra riots .

acccording to the hindu driver of the car i hired to see the city , the muslims used to start all the riots and the congress used to give them free hand to do anything . if a muslim got caught by the police then his community used to treat him as hero and take care of his family while he was in jail .

on the hindu side---no unity....

caste differences used to ensure that hindus remained disunited .

the city used to witness curfews lasting upto 15 days at a time .

finally---deliverance !! the 2002 riots occurred and muslims were taught such a lesson that they didnt dare strike back since then . modi the hero of gujarat , the deliverer from muslim tyranny......

of course , all this was told to be by a hindutva minded car driver , so i dont know if things were really so bad or he was making it up .

5. Libertarian

Libertarian Regular Member

I am not Muslim, but I'm Gujarati and a Christian. I was there in Gujarat until 1996 and I don't remember riots of any kind (not unless you go several decades back). I also have extended family whom still reside in Gujarat and they've never faced any difficulties because of their religion either.

The only thing is that there are some weird anti-conversion laws or something. But that's more annoying than a real problem

Singh likes this.
  6. ashdoc

i am not talking of gujarat as a whole . only of ahmedabad city

7. Libertarian

Libertarian Regular Member

I am from Ahmedabad.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Ghettoisation is a natural phenomenon where people of same views tend to gravitate.

It is there in all cities all over the world!

However, institutionising the same should be totally avoided.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
    maomao likes this.
  9. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

This so-called "Ghettoisation of Muslims" is there is every city of India. The author has no idea of the realities of Indian cities. Whether you go to Mumbai or Delhi or Bangalore, every city has pockets of so-called "Muslim dominated areas", where Hindus and other religions don't venture, and cannot hope to buy property even if they wanted to. Of course, there is really no demand of that kind, but just saying...

maomao likes this.
  10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

And in metropolitan cities, one can observe even community ghettoisation!

Sadly the media and politicians, which pretending to be working to unite, by highlighting this type of news and 'glorifying' or 'condemning' the same,drives such divides indelible in the mind.

Take the Urdu language. It is claimed it is a language of the Muslims. When the Mughals ruled, it is obvious that they influence would be there. Most of the Sultans and nobility in the Sultanate period were Turks from Central Asia who spoke Turkic as their mother tongue. Yet, the Mughals who were Chagatai adopted Persian.

However, the armies, merchants, preachers, Sufis, and later the court, also incorporated the local people and the medieval Hindu literary language, Braj Bhasha. This new contact language soon incorporated other dialects, such as Haryanvi, Panjabi, and in the 17th century Khariboli, the dialect of the new capital at Delhi. By 1800, Khariboli had become dominant.

The language went by several names over the years: Hindawi or Hindī, "[language] of India"; Dehlavi "of Delhi"; Hindustani, "of Hindustan"; and Zaban-e-Urdu, "the language of the [army] camp", or perhaps "of the market", from which came the current name of Urdu around the year 1800.

Therefore, it is a language that was created as a link language and belongs to all communities.

More at:

http://www.urdualive.com/pagedet.aspx?q=18823

This report from another thread sums it all up

Therefore, people must be aware and be cautious as to what agenda promotes views!

maomao likes this.
  11. Das ka das

Das ka das Tihar Jail Banned

The law should be applied in a more strict manner. All of India should get ban on conversions as that has problem in changing demographics.

maomao, Vishwarupa and Patriot like this.
  12. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Gujarat riot 1969. Started by muslims. More than 660 killed.

Short list of Gujarat riots.

http://www.gujaratriots.com/index.php/2008/09/gujarats-bloody-history-of-violence/

Godhra massacre was unparalled in human history.

maomao and VIP like this.
  13. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

What he said is true. Still people fear to go in mualim dominated areas.

14. VIP

double post.

15. VIP

Really ??? You don't remember riots before 1996 ?? And I wonder why @Singh liked your post. I remember curfews in Kalupur, Dariyapur, Shahpur, etc, they were very frequent. All are not big but number of small small incidents were very very high in a'bad, baroda, modasa, surat,etc....

christians were never indulge in such activity so obviously hindu-christian tension never occurred. And those laws are necessary, missionaries do many undesirable practices to convert backward castes in Christianity which should be stopped.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  16. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

I wonder why you would want to over analyze why I liked his post ? How is this conducive to this discussion ?

What are you trying to prove ? What is your ulterior motive in signalling how the admin of this forum operates ? Are you trying to show that I am somehow anti-Hindu ?

I liked his post, because he is offering a different PoV. Why don't you counter his observations and experiences ?

Next time, don't try to pull such a stunt. Thanks and have a nice day.

Black Cats and Sukerchakia like this.
  17. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

Request Sonia she shall give you rational anti conversion laws, She is very rational pro as far as conversion to chritianity is conscerned.

18. VIP

Huh, I understand why you did that, just wanted to hear it from your mouth and there's nothing to counter, we all know what was the scene before and what is now.

19. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Knowing Singh's record, it is as natural as Hindus in a burning train.

In 85, Godhra was under curfew for one WHOLE year.And he knows no Gujarat riots before 2002. Church washes the brain on global basis.

----------
    Poverty, specially in ghettos and slums is glorified in films and literature.

20. Singh

RC Sharma of CWC what is my record ?

21. Singh

What do you mean you understand why I did that ?
    I want to hear from your mouth, what you think I did that ?