Ghatkopar blast brain arrested from Hyderabad

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ghatkopar blast brain arrested from Hyderabad - Mumbai - DNA

The Mumbai Police crime branch on Friday arrested the main conspirator Taj-ul Islam Kazi in the 2002 Ghatkopar blast that claimed two lives and had left 49 injured.

The police said the accused Taj-ul Islam Kazi, a member of the banned outfit Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was arrested from Hyderabad by a team of crime branch officers.

Kazi was working as a software engineer with HCL in Hyderabad under a fake name Siddiqui Taj Quazi, earning a salary of Rs70,000 per month and staying in Hyderabad with his wife and five children.

"Kazi is originally from Aurangabad. Soon after the blasts, he went into hiding. He has been staying in Hyderabad for the past 10 years," said Himanshu Roy, joint commissioner of police (crime).

In December 2002, at around 6.45pm, a powerful bomb kept under the rear seat of an empty BEST bus parked near the railway station went off and created havoc. Kazi, who was wanted in the case, had been declared absconding.

Roy said they received a tip-off around two months ago that Kazi had been staying in Hyderabad with his family. Acting on this information, the crime branch team carried out an investigation and, finally, dispatched a team to Hyderabad to arrest Kazi. He was produced in the Esplanade Court on Friday and has been remanded to police custody till December 3.

"Although he was not a part of the team that executed the plan, he was the main conspirator," said Roy.

Of the 29 people chargesheeted, only 19 accused had been arrested in the case. Roy stated that Kazi's arrest is important as it would help them in tracking down other SIMI members.
Its really really sad and alarming that even educated people are falling for the evil of terrorism.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ghatkopar blast brain arrested from Hyderabad - Mumbai - DNA

Its really really sad and alarming that even educated people are falling for the evil of terrorism.
These days the highly educated find extremist philosophy very inviting.

You can look at yourself too and many other educated who want to go extreme right to make two wrongs a right!

i think what is is happening is that as one becomes more educated and reads a lot more, indulges in propaganda or gets attracted to propaganda as we see all round, he is more bound to fall into the extremist trap.

All I can say is may God/Allah/Bhagwan give better sense to all such people.

JBH22

So death sentence or he'll play the victim card?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

You can look at yourself too and many other educated who want to go extreme right to make two wrongs a right!

i think what is is happening is that as one becomes more educated and reads a lot more, indulges in propaganda or gets attracted to propaganda as we see all round, he is more bound to fall into the extremist trap.

@blank_quest Correlation vs Causation, much ?

Rather than blame this on education, can you not blame this on economic development ? Correlation is with economic development too.

But what are the actual cause/causes of rising extremism worldwide ?

What may seem extreme to you, may seem justifiably right to another.

===

I think, and this just struck me. Major epiphany alert.

Humans are naturally loss-averse, and if someone is heading towards extremism(in your opinion) this means he is in fear of losing, and to avoid it, he is moving towards extremism. This loss could be notional/actual etc.

So one must investigate which type of loss one is trying to avert to find out the cause of one turning extremist(again in your opinion)

To investigate the kind of loss one can go either the man as a moralistic creature model the mammalian/evolutionary model, the neuroscience model, the primitive model etc.

@pmaitra @panduranghari @Sakal Gharelu Ustad can the loss aversion theory be applied to this situation ?

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Education has nothing to do with Extremism or Jihad...It's your ideology, upbringing, family values, perceived (ghetto) religious biases written in imperialist religious texts et al.... is what creates extremists!

This has been the biggest problem for past 1400 yrs or perceived by many as a solution for Islam! You always want to follow the culture of your master in this case the vile Baudouin culture!

When killing and maiming of other faiths are justified by your so called 'god' then it's open season for the faithful to go ahead and honor the wish of their god!

Last edited:

JBH22

Trial first Saar
I agree sir ji but 10 years I hope enough evidence was collected although 2 killed but still its pre planned murder so death sentence :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree sir ji but 10 years I hope enough evidence was collected although 2 killed but still its pre planned murder so death sentence :)
Not all ore planned murders get death sentences. @sayareakd can shed more light.

Yes but what we can have is that any person proven to have killed innocents in a terror attack by means of bomb blasts, guns, grenades etc should automatically be given the death sentence

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Rather than blame this on education, can you not blame this on economic development ? Correlation is with economic development too.

===

Humans are naturally loss-averse, and if someone is heading towards extremism(in your opinion) this means he is in fear of losing, and to avoid it, he is moving towards extremism. This loss could be notional/actual etc.

So one must investigate which type of loss one is trying to avert to find out the cause of one turning extremist(again in your opinion)

To investigate the kind of loss one can go either the man as a moralistic creature model the mammalian/evolutionary model, the neuroscience model, the primitive model etc.

@pmaitra @panduranghari @Sakal Gharelu Ustad can the loss aversion theory be applied to this situation ?
I think you may right to a certain extent. Some losers in life probably find a "cause" in extremism. Probably gives them a sense of accomplishment when they kill in the name of God/Allah

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

===

Loss aversion is intricately linked to risk aversion, according to which a risk-averse person would avoid a lottery to get some fixed payoff lying between the extreme values of the lottery.

In the case above, the trade-off would be between losing the cultural identity vis-a-vis losing material comfort. If the chance of losing the cultural identity is higher, the people, who risk the chance of losing this identity, are pushed more towards extremism compared to the general population.

Now, where does education chip in this scenario? Education not only opens new avenues for personal discovery and employment, but also helps one to develop a world view. Now these educated people with world view are the ones to realize and feel the growing insignificance of their belief system. So, they would turn more towards extremism to stop the drowning civilization and try to recruit others for this cause. Some evidence for the same:
Education, Poverty, Political Violence and Terrorism: Is There a Causal Connection?
Abstract from the paper
The paper investigates whether there is a causal link between poverty or low education and participation in politically motivated violence and terrorist activities. After presenting a discussion of theoretical issues, we review evidence on the determinants of hate crimes. This literature finds that the occurrence of hate crimes is largely independent of economic conditions. Next we analyze data on support for attacks against Israeli targets from public opinion polls conducted in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. These polls indicate that support for violent attacks does not decrease among those with higher education and higher living standards. The core contribution of the paper is a statistical analysis of the determinants of participation in Hezbollah militant activities in Lebanon. The evidence we have assembled suggests that having a living standard above the poverty line or a secondary school or higher education is positively associated with participation in Hezbollah. We also find that Israeli Jewish settlers who attacked Palestinians in the West Bank in the early 1980s were overwhelmingly from high-paying occupations. The conclusion speculates on why economic conditions and education are largely unrelated to participation in, and support for, terrorism.
So, I think your direction of thought linking loss aversion to extremism in this case makes a lot of sense.

KS

Bye bye DFI

Seriously ? I take it as a personal insult and libel that you have equated me with this guy

Do you think I am going around planting bombs and killing innocents ? Do you think I support such a move ? Hell I dont even support killing pakistani civilians by bomb blasts.

There is a difference between reading to getting to know of the actual history and indulging in propaganda. If I said Babri masjid was built upon a destroyed temple I would be telling the truth..but if I said Taj Mahal is Tejo Mahalay, then I could be accused of indulging in propaganda. Looks like this difference has escaped your processing system in the hurry to blanket everyone in the same cloth.

And no, God/Allah.Bhagwan need not worry about me.Let him worry about thoes who think its their religious duty to bleed the country that feeds them, kill the people who breathe the same air as his and all for few virgin pussies in jannat.

He was earning 70,000 per month in Hyd which is way more than enough. But then having 5 kids might complicate things though.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Interesting, so educated people have a higher chance to fall into the "extremist trap". Others say that poor people turn extreme. Yet according to others its middle class that is "right-winged extremist"

It seems that falling into the "extremist trap" is common to all types of people no ?

I think you may right to a certain extent. Some losers in life probably find a "cause" in extremism. Probably gives them a sense of accomplishment when they kill in the name of God/Allah
Singh was referring to relation between loss and extremism.

God/Allah actually gives a sense of accomplishment and justifies the killing part

blank_quest

Country flag
Loss aversion is intricately linked to risk aversion, according to which a risk-averse person would avoid a lottery to get some fixed payoff lying between the extreme values of the lottery.

In the case above, the trade-off would be between losing the cultural identity vis-a-vis losing material comfort. If the chance of losing the cultural identity is higher, the people, who risk the chance of losing this identity, are pushed more towards extremism compared to the general population.

Now, where does education chip in this scenario? Education not only opens new avenues for personal discovery and employment, but also helps one to develop a world view. Now these educated people with world view are the ones to realize and feel the growing insignificance of their belief system. So, they would turn more towards extremism to stop the drowning civilization and try to recruit others for this cause. Some evidence for the same:
Education, Poverty, Political Violence and Terrorism: Is There a Causal Connection?
Abstract from the paper

So, I think your direction of thought linking loss aversion to extremism in this case makes a lot of sense.
Does it means that if let Minori"tism"+ "Cultural identity" = "Factor Cost", this Factor Cost ~ (+ve'ly correlated with) Risk. so, if Education is added to at "factor cost"

M(+) + CI(+) = FC()--> Risk Difficult to Determine.-->R()

M(+) + CI (-) = FC (+) --> Risk Certainly Increases.-->R(+)

M(-) + CI(+) = FC(-) --> Risk Certainly Diminishes.-->R(-)

M(-) + CI(-) = FC() -->Risk Difficult to Determine.-->R()

{+ ==> Increase
- ==> decrease}
so,
{ Factor Cost FC == over all Cost to maintain identity and it is "perceptual"; and for FC(-)= Cost decreases and FC(+) = Cost Increases..

{ Risk = R; R(+)==> Risk Increases and R(-) ==> Risk Diminishes }

{ Minori"tism" = M and Cultural Identity = CI when M(-) = Population of M increases or Minori"tism" Decreases,
and M(+) = Population of M decreases wrt Minority Status or Minori"tism".Increases.... }
and
{ CI(+)--> gain and CI(-)--> loss of Identity...}

This means the Education Component E can just Amplify the Risk decreases or Increase .. pretty baffling outcome :confused:

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Does it means that if let Minori"tism"+ "Cultural identity" = "Factor Cost", this Factor Cost ~ (+ve'ly correlated with) Risk. so, if Education is added to at "factor cost"

M(+) + CI(+) = FC()--> Risk Difficult to Determine.-->R()

M(+) + CI (-) = FC (+) --> Risk Certainly Increases.-->R(+)

M(-) + CI(+) = FC(-) --> Risk Certainly Diminishes.-->R(-)

M(-) + CI(-) = FC() -->Risk Difficult to Determine.-->R()

{+ ==> Increase
- ==> decrease}
so,
{ Factor Cost FC == over all Cost to maintain identity and it is "perceptual"; and for FC(-)= Cost decreases and FC(+) = Cost Increases..

{ Risk = R; R(+)==> Risk Increases and R(-) ==> Risk Diminishes }

{ Minori"tism" = M and Cultural Identity = CI when M(-) = Population of M increases or Minori"tism" Decreases,
and M(+) = Population of M decreases wrt Minority Status or Minori"tism".Increases.... }
and
{ CI(+)--> gain and CI(-)--> loss of Identity...}

This means the Education Component E can just Amplify the Risk decreases or Increase .. pretty baffling outcome :confused:
Sorry, but I could not follow it.

It would be nice if you can clearly define the terms and provide a better discussion!

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned

Most insensitive post as you are equating someone who did a bomb blast to KS.

I must congratulate you on your Taqiyah with which you mask your true intentions to the kafirs.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was talking about extremism. Let that be known. People who go extremely right these days at least te ones who sit behind computers and behind propaganda material are educated people.

@LurkerBaba, the leaders of the movements are usually educated. The foot soldiers are probably not say someone like Anmal Kasab. But again we had educated people blowing themselves up as in London.

We are just trying to get behind the psyche and analyze what is it about extremism that finds followers.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This is a common misunderstanding you know. IT really takes some level of technical sophistication to pull off a blast. so most terrorists and their masterminds MUST be well educated.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

:pound: See what I was saying about irrelevant troll equalisations??

See. You just equated a Hindu right winger with a terrorist. YOU lot are all the same are you not? Whats different from this terrorist and you Sir? Are you of the opinion that all the Hindus who are proud of their heritage and wont give crap to Minorities(which means no to ass licking) deserve death like the terrorist here?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles