Germany : It is in best interest of Pakistan to come clean on terror

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In a plain message, Germany today said it was in the best "interest" of Pakistan to "become clean" of any allegations and clarify the "clear distinction between state institutions and any terrorist acts" amid recent indications of its involvement in such activities.

Maintaining that it does not "matter" whether the recent indications of Pakistan's involvement in terrorists acts were true or not in judicial way, new German Ambassador to India, Michael Steiner, said "it is in the well understood best interest of Pakistan, whether it is true or not, to become clean of any rumours and allegations and to really clarify that there is a clear distinction between state institutions and any terrorist acts."

He was responding to a question on recent revelations made by arrested LeT operative Abu Jundal who handled those involved in Mumbai 26/11 terror strikes.

Jundal had disclosed that he, along with LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during 26/11 Mumbai carnage in 2008 in which 166 people were killed.
"There are some indications, not really proven in judicial way, but it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter how far they are true or not. I think it is in the interest of Pakistan to make it clear that the policies are policies which have no links, whatsoever, with these forces which are directed against us all and are also directed against legal institutions of Pakistan itself. That is the real danger for Pakistan," he added.

Significantly, before taking up posting here, Steiner was Germany's Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Steiner, who also organised the Bonn conference on Afghanistan last year, talked about international community's commitment to the war-torn country after the withdrawal of NATO combat forces by 2014.

It is in best interest of Pak to come clean on terror: Germany

Oracle

Pakistan should come clean on terror: Germany

In a plain message, Germany on Saturday said it was in the best "interest" of Pakistan to "become clean" of any allegations and clarify the "clear distinction between state institutions and any terrorist acts", amid recent indications of its involvement in such activities.

New German Ambassador to India [ Images ] Michael Steiner said, "It is in the best interest of Pakistan, whether it is true or not, to become clean of any rumours and allegations and to really clarify that there is a clear distinction between state institutions and any terrorist acts."

He was responding to a question on recent revelations made by arrested Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative Abu Jundal, who handled the terrorists during the 26/11 terror strikes.

Jundal had disclosed that he, along with LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during the 26/11 Mumbai carnage in 2008, in which 166 people were killed.

"There are some indications, not really proven in the judicial way, but it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how far they are true or not. I think it is in the interest of Pakistan to make it clear that the policies are policies which have no links, whatsoever, with these forces which are directed against us all and are also directed against legal institutions of Pakistan itself. That is the real danger for Pakistan," he added.

Significantly, before taking up his posting in Delhi, Steiner was Germany's Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Steiner, who also organised the Bonn conference on Afghanistan last year, talked about the international community's commitment to the war-torn country after the withdrawal of NATO forces by 2014.

Country flag
Re: Pakistan should come clean on terror: Germany

Germans should ask Obama why he fought an incomplete war on terror?
Leaving Pakistan/terror to thrive and grow again after US pulls out of Afghanistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Though many would see this as plain talking, I see it as a sort of giving Pak space. I would be more happy if the Germans with all the evidence available that Pakistan is sponsoring terror and it's in it's interest to do so. I mean to say "whether it's true or not" is giving the pakis space. They
Are just going to say its not true and they have nothing to do with terror.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate

Germany isn't relevant in the greater context of geopolitics either in South Asia or globally, unfortunately. It has little power to influence Pak's actions.

Until the US, the 800 lb gorilla in the room decides to treat Pakistan like Iran, they will be staring at a future in which Pak becomes a global enemy which they will be unable to tame.

Blackwater

Germany isn't relevant in the greater context of geopolitics either in South Asia or globally, unfortunately. It has little power to influence Pak's actions.

Until the US, the 800 lb gorilla in the room decides to treat Pakistan like Iran, they will be staring at a future in which Pak becomes a global enemy which they will be unable to tame.

how many pakis in germany????

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

how many pakis in germany????
About 75,000... there might be more living illegally.If not controlled can multiply like rats and infesting the local population and creating Plague.

I should tell example of a blonde friend who was almost brainwashed and converted by her Paki bf but she refused to convert and dumped him in time and now happy.She said he should convert if he is so interested in her and want to live in Germany.

She proved to be a intelligent blonde. :shocked: :taunt:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Germans should ask Obama why he fought an incomplete war on terror?
Leaving Pakistan/terror to thrive and grow again after US pulls out of Afghanistan.
'Bummer is just doing what he's told ( i like the way he said " he ordered the troops to get Ossama - whatta joke ! ) and seems to be ok so far - i think germany tell pak is just the usa's way of going round the table - get everyone to warn pak before teh action gets really serious !

Country flag

'Bummer is just doing what he's told ( i like the way he said " he ordered the troops to get Ossama - whatta joke ! ) and seems to be ok so far - i think germany tell pak is just the usa's way of going round the table - get everyone to warn pak before teh action gets really serious !
I doubt Obama has the guts or the backbone to solve this issue.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I do not think USA is done with Pakistan as yet. They are not going to leave Afghanistan on her own. USA is there for long haul to achieve two objectives. The first one is de-nuke the failed state and second one is to free Baluchistan for obvious reason. Let us sit back and wait for events to unfold which can start before Presidents election in USA.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles