Germany/Bonn taxes prostitutes by sex meter

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
LONDON: The German city of Bonn has reportedly introduced "sex tax" meters for street prostitutes in an attempt to tax the world's oldest profession.

Prostitutes working on the streets of the erstwhile West German capital would now have to buy a ticket from converted roadside vending machines before starting their working "day" -- prostitution is legal in Bonn between 8.15 pm and 6 am.
Germany introduces 'sex tax meters' in Bonn - The Times of India

A night's ticket will set a sex worker back 5.30 pounds, irrespective of the number of clients they have, 'The Daily Telegraph' reported.

Like parking metres, the vending machines -- that once dispensed tickets to the city's drivers -- also tell users the times of day when a ticket is necessary: in this case between the hours of 8.15 pm and 6 am, Monday to Sunday.

If a police officer catches a sex worker without ticket, they will be fined or banned from working, the newspaper said.

Monika Frombgen, a spokeswoman for Bonn city council, said the ticket machines would bring street prostitutes into fiscal line with their peers in registered sex establishments.

"This is an act of tax fairness. Prostitutes in fixed establishments such as brothels and sauna clubs already pay tax," she was quoted by the British newspaper as saying.

Some 200 prostitutes work in Bonn. This is the first time tax tickets have been sold on the streets in Germany.

Param

I love Germany.just because its one of the most liberal countries as for as morality and personnel freedom is concerned.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I love Germany.just because its one of the most liberal countries as for as morality and personnel freedom is concerned.
how would you justify morality by taxing poor prostitutes? i think it should be the customer who should be double taxed. not the prostitutes.. this kind of transactions may fall under "sales tax"

i am against prostitution by the way :troll:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think even Chanakaya said something similar in his Neeti ie taxing prostitutes

Param

how would you justify morality by taxing poor prostitutes? i think it should be the customer who should be double taxed. not the prostitutes.. this kind of transactions may fall under "sales tax"

i am against prostitution by the way :troll:
I was referring to the fact that it is legal in Germany. If it is a source of income it should taxed.

I am not against it.I think it should be legalised elsewhere too and regulated so that it does not come into conflict with the "moral brigade"

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
gotta love their tax system. :troll:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Relationships and marriage is overrated....whores and strippers are underrated! YAY WHORES!!!
"If it flies, floats or fornicates, always rent it." - Felix Dennis

However, any "liaison" devoid of emotional intimacy is deeply unfulfilling. :megusta:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Where is the Tea Party on this? This measure is small anti-businesses, and it rewards those who are lazy. Why? Customers will shun highest paying prostitutes (the hardworking kinds). The lazy prostitutes on the other hand, obviously those who pay little taxes, will be rewarded with more customers...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles