George Bush's comrades eaten by their Japanese PoW guards

Discussion in 'Indo Pacific & East Asia' started by t_co, Feb 7, 2014.

1. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

George Bush's comrades eaten by their Japanese PoW guards - Telegraph

A friend of mine, whose great-aunt was a translator for the Chinese Foreign Ministry in the mid-1970s, has told me that the elder Bush, then Chief US Liaison to China, used to regale his Chinese hosts with this story in particular. She also recalled that he, more than any other US senior official, hated the Japanese. She also suspected that when Bush vomited into the Japanese Prime Minister's lap in 1992, it was actually a calculated insult on behalf of his comrades who were literally eaten by Japanese soldiers.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Your friend's grandaunt is not only a translator, but a good story teller too that can become wold beating fairy tale.

Good money!

That should be an incentive to any Chinese.

So Bush sr vomited because of the Japanese?

President George H.W. Bush fainted after vomiting at a banquet hosted by the then Prime Minister of Japan, Kiichi Miyazawa

She can add more flourish to her story, but stating that Bush was also a great actor - he could faint after vomiting!

You Chinese can stop at nowhere when you wish to spin a propaganda.

You bring in a friend and then his grandaunt, like a rabbits from a magician's hat, and then conveniently forget to tell the whole story.

Japanese food is mostly raw and very few can adjust to it and surely not the westerners, who have very delicate stomachs!

4. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

I know about the Geneva conventions and PoW treatment standards and so on, but.....these pilots were shot down while trying to KILL the Japanese in BOMBING RAIDS. Did they expect their captors to hold a feast in their honour?

Well, if they did, they wouldn't have been too disappointed...except of course, for the fact that they were the meal. :pound: :rofl:

5. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

The bolded part reminded me of a Twilight Zone episode "To serve man". I don't know if you've seen the show but it's really good.

Known_Unknown likes this.
  6. t_co

:lol: of course not, but not even Nazi guards on the Eastern Front did that to the Soviets...

7. bennedose

bennedose Senior Member Senior Member

A made up story in China to demonize the Japanese in a Pakistaniac manner. Pakistan makes up stories about India in Kashmir for similar reasons. Amazing hom much Pakistan manages to teach countries. They taught the US how to lie and cheat and now China is learning from Pakistan to compete against Japan.

8. t_co

What parts of the quoted text are made up?

9. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

No point in wasting good meat in the time of war. I bet the well fed American livers had a lot of nutrition.

10. t_co

On a practical level, the main reason for avoiding human meat is that all human diseases can be caught by other humans (unlike animal diseases and parasites, most of which do not affect humans), which means every bite of human meat has a high probability of getting you sick.