Gen Raheel Sharif

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Dude, this is almost a year old news...

rockey 71

I guess so. At this moment Raheel is the man to watch. How he deals with Pakistan's politics and politicians will have effect over entire SA, not just Pakistan.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I guess so. At this moment Raheel is the man to watch. How he deals with Pakistan's politics and politicians will have effect over entire SA, not just Pakistan.
Jingoistic opinion:
As far as I am concerned, the guy is a phatoo. Both his brother and uncle were killed by Indian military yet so far he has shown any hints about going to war with india. I really hope he does a Musharraf in next 3 years.

My real opinion about the guy:
At this point In time he is definitely more powerful than Nawaz sharif, atleast that is how their media portrays him. He is doing more foreign trips than Nawaz sharif. In some pics, it looks like Nawaz sharif is reporting to Raheel sharif.

Also to be noted is that, all paki COAS are either assassinated, jailed or defamed after their tenure. I am not sure I know of any paki COAS who came out clean.

rockey 71

Jingoistic opinion:
As far as I am concerned, the guy is a phatoo. Both his brother and uncle were killed by Indian military yet so far he has shown any hints about going to war with india. I really hope he does a Musharraf in next 3 years.

My real opinion about the guy:
At this point In time he is definitely more powerful than Nawaz sharif, atleast that is how their media portrays him. He is doing more foreign trips than Nawaz sharif. In some pics, it looks like Nawaz sharif is reporting to Raheel sharif.

Also to be noted is that, all paki COAS are either assassinated, jailed or defamed after their tenure. I am not sure I know of any paki COAS who came out clean.

That's not correct. No PA Chief was assassinated - not even after retirement. Gul Hassan was sacked by Bhutto before his term was over. Janjua died in office. Jehangir Keramat resigned over differences with the PM. No problems with the others.

https://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=30&rnd=179

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That's not correct. No PA Chief was assassinated - not even after retirement. Gul Hassan was sacked by Bhutto before his term was over. Janjua died in office. Jehangir Keramat resigned over differences with the PM. No problems with the others.

https://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=30&rnd=179
i stand corrected, i should have framed the sentence better. Let me know if this statement is correct.

"Any Paki COAS who tried to publicly meddle in domestic politics outside of his duties are either assassinated, jailed or defamed after their tenure."

pmaitra

At this point In time he is definitely more powerful than Nawaz sharif, atleast that is how their media portrays him.
Not just at this point, at almost all points in history, the military has always been more powerful than the elected PM or Parliament.

rockey 71

i stand corrected, i should have framed the sentence better. Let me know if this statement is correct.

"Any Paki COAS who tried to publicly meddle in domestic politics outside of his duties are either assassinated, jailed or defamed after their tenure."
1.The first one Ayub is the most respected leader in Pakistan after Jinnah. The last one Musharraf is highly regarded for his personal integrity and efforts to take the country forward. In between, Zia was assassinated by CIA - and CIA has a history of assassinating leaders they don't like. Yahya, of course, we all know about him.

2. The military in Pak society is highly respected. The Army Chief as an institution has enjoyed popular love and regard.

rockey 71

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN !!!!!!!

1. QMG Lt Gen Najeeb was sacked one week back. He was made and appointed QMG just 8 days before ex COAS retired. He is now under investigation.

2.Ex 5 Corps Comd Sajjad Ghani & now 4 Corps Comd Naveed Zaman were alleged to have been approached by NS to make coup against Raheel Sharif during Dharnas. In return, Sajjad Ghani was promised COAS, and Naveed Zaman to be made DG ISI. Naveed disclosed plan to Raheel. Subsequently, coup averted.

3.COAS has ordered action against Corps Comds 4 & 5 Corps for their involvement in corruption of highest level by supporting Kiayni brothers and making Billions from DHA Projects.
4.One sitting corps comd's DHA powers have been also been reportedly seized.
1 x PSO under silent inquiry for same reason.

The count down has begun.........for Nawaz Sharif

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

1. QMG Lt Gen Najeeb was sacked one week back. He was made and appointed QMG just 8 days before ex COAS retired. He is now under investigation.

2.Ex 5 Corps Comd Sajjad Ghani & now 4 Corps Comd Naveed Zaman were alleged to have been approached by NS to make coup against Raheel Sharif during Dharnas. In return, Sajjad Ghani was promised COAS, and Naveed Zaman to be made DG ISI. Naveed disclosed plan to Raheel. Subsequently, coup averted.

3.COAS has ordered action against Corps Comds 4 & 5 Corps for their involvement in corruption of highest level by supporting Kiayni brothers and making Billions from DHA Projects.

Let's hope you are right, personally I will always prefer Pakistan which is in the hands of their military.

Anyways South Asia is getting boring now a days, need some action.

Zebra

Country flag

Sir, from where you got these points........?

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I don't think any of you gents are reading it properly.

Tag word, Stroke's Law.

Pakistani politics and Military has already gone through terminal velocity phase and all what is coming out in open/signals make proper sense since both the establishment and Civilian government have got their jobs assigned and both are staying true to their scope of duties.

It may not look a perfect settling down with Gen. Raheel as a De facto Prime Minister but it doesn't make any difference to people dealing with Pakistan including India.

Yes we can always slap back Pakistani trolls who once in week itch for lecturing India on democracy with facts made available to them on how their COAS is running around nation to nation, but that will remain constraint only to sake of an argument.

Now if Pakistan is going to settle for progress then it wholesomely depends on Pakistan itself. There are no external factors which will destabilize Pakistan, I repeat no External Factors.

There is a phrase in Punjabi ''Bandey da Putt" 'Son of the Man' (well behaved), as long as Pakistan will be ''Bandey da Putt'' with its neighbours especially India it will remain on the course of sedimentation. Otherwise they will be stirred back to pre-terminal velocity chaos where every stake-holder will be colliding to each other.

Not going far into history, but the example they should remember is Kargil war and what happened afterwards.

pmaitra

I don't think any of you gents are reading it properly.

Tag word, Stroke's Law.

Pakistani politics and Military has already gone through terminal velocity phase and all what is coming out in open/signals make proper sense since both the establishment and Civilian government have got their jobs assigned and both are staying true to their scope of duties.

It may not look a perfect settling down with Gen. Raheel as a De facto Prime Minister but it doesn't make any difference to people dealing with Pakistan including India.

Yes we can always slap back Pakistani trolls who once in week itch for lecturing India on democracy with facts made available to them on how their COAS is running around nation to nation, but that will remain constraint only to sake of an argument.

Now if Pakistan is going to settle for progress then it wholesomely depends on Pakistan itself. There are no external factors which will destabilize Pakistan, I repeat no External Factors.

There is a phrase in Punjabi ''Bandey da Putt" 'Son of the Man' (well behaved), as long as Pakistan will be ''Bandey da Putt'' with its neighbours especially India it will remain on the course of sedimentation. Otherwise they will be stirred back to pre-terminal velocity chaos where every stake-holder will be colliding to each other.

Not going far into history, but the example they should remember is Kargil war and what happened afterwards.
It is Stokes' Law, and we studied in our fluid mechanics classes. I agree with your analysis. A particle in terminal velocity could still cause an impact to create a stroke, so if Pakistan gets a stroke and disintegrates, it will be Strokes' Law as well. :biggrin2:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
It is Stokes' Law, and we studied in our fluid mechanics classes. I agree with your analysis. A particle in terminal velocity could still cause an impact to create a stroke, so if Pakistan gets a stroke and disintegrates, it will be Strokes' Law as well. :biggrin2:
Did i misspell it..damn :biggrin2:......... been ages, studied many years back. Thanks for correction and giving it a nice ending.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag

Akshay_Fenix

How is Iran reacting to this news?.
Raheel Sharif, Chief of Saudi led Sunni Islamic military alliance whos intent is to kill the shia's of Yemen.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles