Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Something related possibly:
Indian Army Will Soon Have NBC Protection Suits To Counter Pakistan's Tactical Nuclear Weapon
NEW DELHI-- Keeping an eye on Pakistan's nuclear tipped non-strategic battle-field missile, India will soon acquire 1500 advanced Nuclear Biological and Chemical (NBC) protection suits for its Armored Personnel Carriers (APC).
The acquisition will cost the exchequer Rs 1265 crore. This decision to acquire the NBC protection suits was taken at Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) meeting that is chaired by the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
The NBC protection suits will be built by Bharat Electronics Limited and will be designed by the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), sources said. "APC we use now have a manually operated NBC suits, there is need for better and full automated advanced NBC suits".
The advanced NBC protection suits will have censors that will detect in coming threats and take action on its own to protect the solider, the officer added.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indias-nuclear-doctrine.28284/page-29#post-1249232

sthf

Country flag
That was my first thought too when I saw the design. It does look quite a lot like Abhay.

Although looks are hardly a parameter for field performance. Any specs released on the armor?

And what happened to the Kestrel platform.?
As I said I'll reserve my judgement till further details are revealed.

Kestrel is alive and kicking, I think it just completed trails.

airtel

Country flag
Wonder how much will be indigenous technology and how much will be Screwdriver-giri. Considering they are yet to even release an image (?), I don't have much hope.

On the other hand Tata/DRDO has already showcased a wheeled Model and a tracked prototype. Hope their tech is advanced enough to win.

TATA FICV has more indigenous content as compare to Mahindra FICV .

TATA has 36 technologies out of 41 required ...........Rest of the 5 technologies will be provided by General dynamics .

we need this technology too >>>

In April 2015, BAE Systems fitted a CV90 with an active damping suspension system derived from Formula One racing cars. This technology calculates the vehicle's speed and anticipates the terrain ahead, then pressurizes the suspension at independent points to lift the chassis and keep the vehicle level. The suspension, which had been modified to suit a 38-ton armored vehicle rather than the 700 kg (1,500 lb) racing car, reportedly increases speed by 30-40 percent on rough terrain, outrunning main battle tanks, decreases vehicle pitch acceleration by 40 percent, gives greater maneuverability and stability for on-the-move gunnery, and reduces crew fatigue and life-cycle costs.[8]

^BAE systems has this technology & they can Provide to to mahindra .

^ i Hope General dynamics can & will Provide this technology to TATA .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Advertisement by some foreign firm, Their are plenty of such models in various stalls at misc expos ..

charlie

Country flag
TATA FICV has more indigenous content as compare to Mahindra FICV .

TATA has 36 technologies out of 41 required ...........Rest of the 5 technologies will be provided by General dynamics .

we need this technology too >>>

In April 2015, BAE Systems fitted a CV90 with an active damping suspension system derived from Formula One racing cars. This technology calculates the vehicle's speed and anticipates the terrain ahead, then pressurizes the suspension at independent points to lift the chassis and keep the vehicle level. The suspension, which had been modified to suit a 38-ton armored vehicle rather than the 700 kg (1,500 lb) racing car, reportedly increases speed by 30-40 percent on rough terrain, outrunning main battle tanks, decreases vehicle pitch acceleration by 40 percent, gives greater maneuverability and stability for on-the-move gunnery, and reduces crew fatigue and life-cycle costs.[8]

^BAE systems has this technology & they can Provide to to mahindra .

^ i Hope General dynamics can & will Provide this technology to TATA .
GD is providing turret solutions.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
This is different from TATA Motors design.

TATA Power SED

TATA Motors

Both are very BMP like, however.

The era of major domestic arms competition is beginning.

Thanks @WCW
Nothing new just a BMP copy with new armor

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Copying can help to further expertise tech in future, a short cut to get ahead, our lovely red neighbor is blazing example.:biggrin2:
We should never take our neighbor as example as example because one is terrorist and other is a copycat

sthf

Country flag
I think 38hp/ton ptw ratio is a bit too much.

armyofhind

Country flag
Nothing new just a BMP copy with new armor
BMP in itself is a good design. The only thing missing from it IS probably the inability of the armor to be upgraded or not being up do date to deal with current ammunition.
So if these prototypes have been designed to address that, I don't see any reason behind the acerbity.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We should never take our neighbor as example as example because one is terrorist and other is a copycat
This copycat and expertise helped China to file 1.1 million patent applications in 2016 (higher than developed countries per capita wise) when India stood at 50,000 (at par upper with middle income economies though).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles