Full blown "ARMSGATE"

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Times Now breaking a major all round defence purchase scam.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
8 countries across 2 continents. There is a connection between defence deals and common wealth games scam

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We are doomed. All weapons purchases will come into question and further stop or delay future acquisitions

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Looks like Rafale deal is the ultimate target in future. Vested interests will do what ever it takes. We will end up blacklisting everyone.............:tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dassault is under the scanner for Mirage

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What I am getting a sense of is that the US is turning out to be the best country to buy arms from especially with the FMS route. There seems to be more transparency there.

Sikorsky and Italian Finmeccanica were the two companies shortlisted for the Indian contract of 12 helicopters to ferry VVIPs which ultimately was bagged by Finmeccanica.
"Orsi, found himself at a restaurant in New Delhi where (by accident) a delegation of American Sikorsky was also present ... Orsi sent a bottle of champagne with a note that says "you cannot always win" to the American table," said the report by the investigators probing the alleged scam.
The guy knew he had the deal in the bag.

Idnia should strengthen its defence ties with the US and use the FMS route for arms purchase. The US is not the sole superpower and leading military power for nothing. It's tech is good enough for be of use in India.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Whenever there is a defence scam in India we ban sundry arms producers and make loud noises about how we are not going to buy this or freeze that deal etc! but in these thousands of crores not one i repeat not one news channel talks about the ultimate loser, no one talks about the Indian artilleryman who stands guard in freezing weather for us high on the Himalayan passes manning obsolete guns because the govt won't buy him new ones in fear of another BOFORS, the pilot who protects our skies in rust buckets because now the defence minister does not want to buy new aircraft in fear of corruption, for the submariner who enters the deep in decades old ships as the ghost of corruption freezes acquisition processes. i fear that the invaluable life of the soldier has been rendered worthless by the thousands of crores in defence deals and the TRP's of defence scams.i fear that it is obvious now to our enemies that all they need do to make us defenseless is simply put out rumor of a scam and everything will follow suit.

"Also my Fb status for today"

anoop_mig25

Country flag
@Yusuf Well it was Indian express which one year back Initially broke the news . Times Now is just cashing it now

And i donot think Anil ambani would like to get this deal scrapped . he has lot of stake involved and if he really pulls it of then i am sure he would surge ahead of Big Brother

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Whenever there is a defence scam in India we ban sundry arms producers and make loud noises about how we are not going to buy this or freeze that deal etc! but in these thousands of crores not one i repeat not one news channel talks about the ultimate loser, no one talks about the Indian artilleryman who stands guard in freezing weather for us high on the Himalayan passes manning obsolete guns because the govt won't buy him new ones in fear of another BOFORS, the pilot who protects our skies in rust buckets because now the defence minister does not want to buy new aircraft in fear of corruption, for the submariner who enters the deep in decades old ships as the ghost of corruption freezes acquisition processes. i fear that the invaluable life of the soldier has been rendered worthless by the thousands of crores in defence deals and the TRP's of defence scams.i fear that it is obvious now to our enemies that all they need do to make us defenseless is simply put out rumor of a scam and everything will follow suit.

"Also my Fb status for today"
Gen Bakshi said as much. That is the real concern. Our defence prepare was takes a huge hit. What's worse is that those who had to make the money do so and disappear but the actual weapons never come as the deal is scrapped.

I really hope Rafale deal is not scrapped. We need those fighters for our depleted squadron strength. If it is, I really hope we just either go with the EFT or go ahead and just get and FMS for the Super Hornet.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I will always beg to differ on this. We have to move away from the 70s mindset.
Yusuf bhai are you aware that US has agreement with Pakistan (and with all countries for inspection of equipment) they had 6-9 months to plan OBL raid and surprise all the Pakistani radars were not working on the time of raid.

It is not difficult to put remote triggers on those radars. Plus new generation F16 can easily have remote triggers, GPS and geo fencing and non recognition of NATO fighter on its radar lock of A2A.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf bhai are you aware that US has agreement with Pakistan (and with all countries for inspection of equipment) they had 6-9 months to plan OBL raid and surprise all the Pakistani radars were not working on the time of raid.

It is not difficult to put remote triggers on those radars. Plus new generation F16 can easily have remote triggers, GPS and geo fencing and non recognition of NATO fighter on its radar lock of A2A.
Exocet missiles mysteriously didn't work during the Falkland war after the one that got through. What makes you think French or British weapons will not have any such "triggers"?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Exocet missiles mysteriously didn't work during the Falkland war after the one that got through. What makes you think French or British weapons will not have any such "triggers"?
true, still we dont have to go for monthly inspection and prohibition on use of weapons paid by us for offensive operations. Uncle is not our friend he just use us.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
true, still we dont have to go for monthly inspection and prohibition on use of weapons paid by us for offensive operations. Uncle is not our friend he just use us.
Do you think they were out to sell us F18s for child's play?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I really don`t get why did Italian where so disparate to investigate this scam . I mean they had given bribe and not taken. they got there material sold

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I really don`t get why did Italian where so disparate to investigate this scam . I mean they had given bribe and not taken. they got there material sold
India has an integrity pact with them.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There was a internal squabble in Finmeccanica and the rivalry led to whistle blow on the deals by the arrested Finmeccanica CEO Mr. Orsi. Also the current technocratic government want to do a clean up of Italian politics by damaging the right wing party of Silvio Berlusconi through Finmeccanica. Finmeccanica controlled by his henchmen.

trackwhack

What I am getting a sense of is that the US is turning out to be the best country to buy arms from especially with the FMS route. There seems to be more transparency there.

Sikorsky and Italian Finmeccanica were the two companies shortlisted for the Indian contract of 12 helicopters to ferry VVIPs which ultimately was bagged by Finmeccanica.

The guy knew he had the deal in the bag.

Idnia should strengthen its defence ties with the US and use the FMS route for arms purchase. The US is not the sole superpower and leading military power for nothing. It's tech is good enough for be of use in India.
No freaking way dude. Don't you get it? We need a home grown functional defence industry. Not run from one liability to the next.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles