Friendship

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
What is FRIENDSHIP ? Are the materialistic profit and things more than FRIENDSHIP ? Define FRIENDSHIP.....

Should we forgive and forget the mistake committed by our friends for whom we live ?

Here are some defining and heart touching songs on friendship....

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great." Mark Twain

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money." Mark Twain

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I request all the DFI members from all the countries to post their views in their own languages like Chinese, Urdu, English, Hindi, Punjabi and others............

niharjhatn

The words I live by :D

"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies."

From The Portrait of Dorian Gray, one of the favourite novels, also the only (!) novel written by Oscar Wilde.

The quote was by the character Lord Henry Wotton. The novel itself was an absolutely unbelievable story with some of the most infectious characters that a normal man would love to hate, but attracted by their almost criminal charm.

KS

Bye bye DFI
i request all the dfi members from all the countries to post their views in their own languages like chinese, urdu, english, hindi, punjabi and others............
நட்புனா என்னானு தெரியுமா ?? சூர்யானா என்னானு தெரியுமா ??

:namaste:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
நட்புனா என்னானு தெரியுமா ?? சூர்யானா என்னானு தெரியுமா ??

:d

Pls translate or else you won't earn my "friendship.." :lol:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When people make to suit their vested interests, they cannot be called friends. Today a lot of people make "friends" so that they can use them. Its like how they say in politics and international relations these days, there are no permanent friends but only permanent interests. Some people adopt that in personal lives too.
True meaning of friendship as in those great films have been lost.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Pls translate or else you won't earn my "friendship.." :lol:
Mate I don't know if it can get across the "punch" to you after transalation. Anyway Its from a famous Tamil movie , "Thalapathy" starring Rajnikanth & Mamooty where those two will be the best of friends.

It roughtly transalates into " Do you know what friendship is...? Do you know who Surya is ??"..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
When people make to suit their vested interests, they cannot be called friends. Today a lot of people make "friends" so that they can use them. Its like how they say in politics and international relations these days, there are no permanent friends but only permanent interests. Some people adopt that in personal lives too.
True meaning of friendship as in those great films have been lost.
Totally agree. Its all about "what's in it for me" before making a friendship.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mate I don't know if it can get across the "punch" to you after transalation. Anyway Its from a famous Tamil movie , "Thalapathy" starring Rajnikanth & Mamooty where those two will be the best of friends.

It roughtly transalates into " Do you know what friendship is...? Do you know who Surya is ??"..
Ah, okay. That's deep. :laugh: (kidding)

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
முகநக நட்பது நட்பன்று நெஞ்சத்து
அகநக நட்பது நட்பு.

Translation :
Not the face's smile of welcome shows the friend sincere,
But the heart's rejoicing gladness when the friend is near.
Explanation :
The love that dwells (merely in the smiles of the face is not friendship; (but) that which dwells deep in the smiles of the heart is true friendship.

உடுக்கை இழந்தவன் கைபோல ஆங்கே
இடுக்கண் களைவதாம் நட்பு.

Translation :
As hand of him whose vesture slips away,
Friendship at once the coming grief will stay.
Explanation :
(True) friendship hastens to the rescue of the afflicted (as readily) as the hand of one whose garment is loosened (before an assembly).

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Great poems from Tamil Language.... I know to read and write Tamil........ I am from Ooty..........

Param

முகநக நட்பது நட்பன்று நெஞ்சத்து
அகநக நட்பது நட்பு.

Translation :
Not the face's smile of welcome shows the friend sincere,
But the heart's rejoicing gladness when the friend is near.
Explanation :
The love that dwells (merely in the smiles of the face is not friendship; (but) that which dwells deep in the smiles of the heart is true friendship.
[h=3]http://www.facebook.com/ags.vpr[/h][h=3]http://defenceforumindia.com/www.facebook.com/ags.vprநண்பேன்டா ...........[/h]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles