Frequent visits to army websites may spell trouble

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is one of the dumbest things TOI-let paper has written ....

aditya g

Country flag
If true it could mean that desi Jingo's could unwittingly end up in trouble with authorities

Nuvneet Kundu

Read that yesterday and thought to myself "if that is the case then all of us fellas talking on DFI will be in jail". This is just another case of irresponsible journalism, or probably done with deliberate malicious intent. I mean, nowhere does it mention any government order or any government official, or any rule, or official memo to back up its claim of people visiting defense websites courting possible arrest. The author of that article has cooked up his own half-baked opinions, arrived at spurious inferences and presented his faulty assumptions as hard facts.

The fact remains that ever since the new administration was sworn in 2014, they have made conscious efforts to attract people to take interest in defense issues. They have made awesome HD recruitment videos for the Army, Navy and Airforce. Parrikar was on record saying that he wants to increase the scale of the NCC so that more youngsters get to be a part of the defense establishment and get a first hand experience of how it works. They've even given a lot of radio and full-page news paper advertisements for military recruitment, also for Navy day celebrations in December and 50th anniversary of 165 war. All of these activities are bound to generate more visits to defense related websites, exactly like the government wants them to. After all, every recruitment advertisement gives a link to an online registration form of some sort. The reason websites exist is because they serve as a portal of information that an organisation WANTS people to have easy access to. Of course all information might be proof-read by senior members to make sure that no sensitive information is put up on the website in the first place. It's not like they are putting up nuclear launch codes. What kind of an organisation sets up websites, urges people to visit them and arrests people who do?

It is just this one oddball journalist from 'Times Of anti-India' who is trying to urge people not to visit defense websites after all the tax-money that government just spent to urge people to make information more accessible by setting up those websites and advertising them in recruitment videos. I'm amazed at the kind of stupid people who get to call themselves journalists these days :frusty:

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
chutiyapa journalism ....

even in defence interested people and defence enthusiast could also visit. Infact any one who uses Google earth can also be in jail then. chakki ata pisi.. :p

One side you try to digitalize India, by putting defence organisations pages on Facebook and twitter other side these kinds of steps?

I don't believe

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I don't think this report has any meaning. A bot can be made to visit a website thousands if if not millions of times a day. So how do they arrest the bot?
Also, sensitive info from websites?! This has to be the most absurd report in TOI of recent times. If Army knows something is sensitive why would they put it in the public sphere in the first place?
Also, if someone wanted to download all that information, they would just download all web pages at one go and not visit a site hundreds of times.

Such a nonsensical reporting, IMHO this is not even worth discussing in DFI.

Nuvneet Kundu

Such a nonsensical reporting, IMHO this is not even worth discussing in DFI.
I read that 'news' yesterday and thought the same. But I see someone has posted it in the forum today. I think it can serve as a starting point of a dialogue about responsible journalism with respect to national interest.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Oh!!! Then what I am doing in Vizag?
I should be in Tihar Jail ..Right??
I am fed up with Indian Media..This was the same newspaper which published chinook as Apache and Apache as chinook (just interchanged the names).
We need a bill in parliament to put these people in track.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am beginning to form a theory that, somebody has a rule book on how to "Discourage a nation from moving forward". The old intolerance debate, the idea of india debate are all part of the same strategy.

These idiots thru media are trying to hurt the nation by trying to damage our "Soft Power".

Basically in other words they are trying to dampen our growing spirit of newfound Optimism by sowing distrust and chaos.

mark my words....

raja696

Let them monitor... lol few anti nationals would be taken in to book with flying colours. ... although mostly i observe role play kind of conversations here. Y to fear wen big journos en big b's are here for discussions. :)

Nuvneet Kundu

I am beginning to form a theory that, somebody has a rule book on how to "Discourage a nation from moving forward". The old intolerance debate, the idea of india debate are all part of the same strategy.

These idiots thru media are trying to hurt the nation by trying to damage our "Soft Power".

Basically in other words they are trying to dampen our growing spirit of newfound Optimism by sowing distrust and chaos.

mark my words....

Well said, buddy.

I highly recommend that people watch this video about information warfare going on right now :

Let them monitor... lol few anti nationals would be taken in to book with flying colours. ... although mostly i observe role play kind of conversations here. Y to fear wen big journos en big b's are here for discussions. :)
I'm new here. If it's not too much could you please give me DFI links to discussions where big journalists have participated?

raja696

Well said, buddy.

I highly recommend that people watch this video about information warfare going on right now :

I'm new here. If it's not too much could you please give me DFI links to discussions where big journalists have participated?
I dnt i am claiming out of thin air :biggrin2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles