France Ready to Strike Syria

boris

Country flag
@Armand2REP

Any chances of sending the Foreign Legion in Syria, 2REP would be a nightmare for their opposition in Syria.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
So after failing to lobby with Westminster, US is paling up with France?

sob

Mod
Country flag
If the news that the Syrian Govt. under Assad used Chemical weapons is true then he has no moral right to continue in office. He needs to be booted out immediately.

His father interfered in Lebanon and positively ruined the country.

Here the Arab League needs to act immediately to prevent AQ and assets of Iran from taking over.

pmaitra

If the news that the Syrian Govt. under Assad used Chemical weapons is true then he has no moral right to continue in office. He needs to be booted out immediately.

His father interfered in Lebanon and positively ruined the country.

Here the Arab League needs to act immediately to prevent AQ and assets of Iran from taking over.
What is AQ?

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
france has another oppurtunity to prove rafale 's Surgical strike capabilty which is one of IAF"S doctrine that too against a strong airforce compare to libyans.

Well after this MMRCA negotiations which have been stalled for quite sometime would again pick up momentum.

CHEERS

pmaitra

AQ= Al Qaida.
Thanks.

Al-Qaida and assets of Iran taking over Syria? Now, that is a fantastic idea. Even more fantastic is the idea that the Arab League will prevent al-Qaida from taking over.

sob

Mod
Country flag
PM it is established that a large number of the rebels in the Syrian campaign have sympathies or are aligned to AQ.
Iran is hell bent on helping a fellow Shiite leader. During the American attack on the Taliban, Iran sheltered many members of the AQ or Taliban who on the face of it were enemies.

There is a saying enemy of my enemy is my friend.

pmaitra

PM it is established that a large number of the rebels in the Syrian campaign have sympathies or are aligned to AQ.
Iran is hell bent on helping a fellow Shiite leader. During the American attack on the Taliban, Iran sheltered many members of the AQ or Taliban who on the face of it were enemies.

There is a saying enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I do not see al-Qaida and Iranian assets coming together. The Sunni-Shia thing just won't make it happen. It is like mixing oil and water. Secondly, the Arab League is dominated by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Qatar. These are Wahhabi fundamentalist nations. They provide the funds to al-Qaida and will continue to support them as long as al-Qaida does not do anything against Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Qatar.

nrupatunga

@Armand2REP If US congress doesn't approve obama to go ahead for strikes on syria, then will france go alone????

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
@Armand2REP If US congress doesn't approve obama to go ahead for strikes on syria, then will france go alone????
We cannot allow the use of chemical weapons to go unpunished. CdG doesn't have a big enough air wing to conduct a full blown air campaign so we would need use of the airbase on Cyprus. It is dependent on them if we have the basing needed for a stand alone operation.

nrupatunga

We cannot allow the use of chemical weapons to go unpunished. CdG doesn't have a big enough air wing to conduct a full blown air campaign so we would need use of the airbase on Cyprus. It is dependent on them if we have the basing needed for a stand alone operation.
Found this and also this link which mentions cyprus is not keen on letting others use their soil for striking syria. So even france got the exemption

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Found this and also this link which mentions cyprus is not keen on letting others use their soil for striking syria. So even france got the exemption
Then we would have to use the UK Akrotiri base or something in Jordon, heaven forbid Turkey.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm 110% sure that France on its own will and cannot strike Syria without American support, diplomatic and military. I'll have my right testicle cut off if I'm not right on this one.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I'm 110% sure that France on its own will and cannot strike Syria without American support, diplomatic and military. I'll have my right testicle cut off if I'm not right on this one.
I'm 110% sure France can do whatever it wants, my guess is the US will support French action in Syria with a coalition.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm 110% sure France can do whatever it wants, my guess is the US will support French action in Syria with a coalition.
If France can do it alone without American support then French bombs already have struck Syrian targets a long time ago. France will not waste an opportunity to advertise its weapons for foreign sales. And what could be better backdrop than attacking one of Middle East's more formidable military. But have French bombs struck Syrian targets up to now? NO. Why? Because America has not yet said YES.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If France can do it alone without American support then French bombs already have struck Syrian targets a long time ago. France will not waste an opportunity to advertise its weapons for foreign sales. And what could be better backdrop than attacking one of Middle East's more formidable military. But have French bombs struck Syrian targets up to now? NO. Why? Because America has not yet said YES.
Your statement makes no sense, of course a coalition is preferable to going alone. France is no stranger as we did in Mali, but we waited until we ran out of time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles