France, Egypt to conclude Rafale fighter jet in Cairo on Monday

Gabriel92

Country flag
Feb 12 (Reuters) - France and Egypt will finalise a defence deal that includes 24 Dassault-built Rafale fighter jets worth more than 5 billion euros ($5.7 billion), Le Monde reported on Thursday.

The newspaper, which did not identify its source, said the two sides had initialled the deal on Thursday and that the final page outlining the modalities would be signed on Monday by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sissi and French officials.
France, Egypt to conclude Rafale fighter jet in Cairo on Monday - Le Monde | Reuters

Le Drian will sign the deal in the name of france. :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

So :

24 Rafales
1 Fremm
Missiles,bombs (AASM,MICA,SCALP)
+ Training,spare parts......
Total : ~€5 billions

Last edited:

blueblood

So :

24 Rafales
1 Fremm
Missiles,bombs (AASM,MICA,SCALP)
+ Training,spare parts......
Total : ~€5 billions
Man, that's an expensive deal. Anyways good for France and Egypt and also maybe for India.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
@Gabriel92

Sir a Humble request. Please avoid such hi res Pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel92

Country flag
Man, that's an expensive deal. Anyways good for France and Egypt and also maybe for India.
Yes it seems expensive,but when you see what does this deal include,that seems about right for the price.
I wonder where are @sgarg and @pmaitra as you can see,even with the mistral saga,we sell our stuff. :peace: :peace:

sgarg

@Gabriel92, congrats!

You are mistaken about my stand. I never said Rafale was bad. I said that procurement process was manipulated. This error is primarily caused by Indian officials that processed the tender.

Too much time has elapsed and prices have changed, so the tender will be cancelled (as no party is willing to adhere to the terms of the tender).

blueblood

Yes it seems expensive,but when you see what does this deal include,that seems about right for the price.
I wonder where are @sgarg and @pmaitra as you can see,even with the mistral saga,we sell our stuff. :peace: :peace:
I think it's the missiles and spare parts that are making this deal look expensive. At $1.2 million stormshadow is an expensive weapon system, same goes for AASM.

But as I said, good for Egypt and for France.:thumb:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles