France eager to invest in India

SpArK

SORCERER
France eager to invest in India

NEW DELHI, DEC. 7:
France still considers India as an attractive investment destination despite the Government's flip-flop on FDI in retail.

"I can understand (it is) not easy to change a system which has been working for some time. We are watching the debate. I am spending all my time convincing (French) companies to come here. Sometime it is more difficult for SME companies. It is necessary for French companies to be more active here," the leader of a visiting French Parliamentary delegation, Mr Nicolas Forissier, newspersons late on Monday.

The French Parliamentarian added that there were several companies like Carrefour which would like to develop "partnership and commerce" with India, a move which could lead to better prices.

The visit is an attempt to have contact at the highest level of power with Indian parliamentarians. During its visit the delegation will travel to Bangalore, Chennai and Puducherry.

Commenting on the defence and nuclear deals, the Parliamentarian said that France "agrees with and was full of admiration" for the fact that the selection process had been extremely serious and transparent. "This is something that we appreciate" Mr Forissier said.

Business Line : Industry & Economy News : France eager to invest in India

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
France has been the only truly pro-India neutral European nation during our lowest times while other EU had sucked up to NATO during 90s. Guess it will be a good opportunity for us if France actually invests in our heavy technology industries.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The countries that sets shop first will reap benefits of that advantage. I am in the industrial field. I know how some MNCs dominate their respective fields. First mover always has the advantage.

Iamanidiot

The countries that sets shop first will reap benefits of that advantage. I am in the industrial field. I know how some MNCs dominate their respective fields. First mover always has the advantage.
Early bird catches the worm.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
But do you think we can benefit from their investment as now the americans have started to feel that INDIA is no more a favorite place for IT, as said by Bill Gates himself. After few years the French may also feel the same.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India is too big and growing for anyone to ignore. Those who do will be left behind. See how difficult the Americans found to work and win orders/contracts from India. Europeans have always been around in India.

In the industrial sector i am aware of Chicago Pnuematic, Sanvik, Seimens, ABB, Alstrom, Areva, etc. There are many other companies who have been around when it was even worse to do business in India when there was license raj.All these companies are doing good business which will only grow and since they are established and know how to work around, they will always be preferred and benefited.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles