France Arms Free Syrian Army with MANPADS

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

indian_sukhoi

When the No fly zone declared, There wont be any Syrian aircrafts flying around to shoot except Ally aircrafts to be shot at accidentally.

Note to mention, The worse thing could happen is these MANPADs falling under wrong hands.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
There won't be a no-fly zone unless Russia gets on board. It is necessary to protect civilians from helicopter gunships attacking Homs.

Note to mention, the missiles sent are at the end of shelf life. They must be used within the next year before they fail. Some probably already over shelf.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
When the No fly zone declared, There wont be any Syrian aircrafts flying around to shoot except Ally aircrafts to be shot at accidentally.

Note to mention, The worse thing could happen is these MANPADs falling under wrong hands.
you mean to say India should buy those MANPADS at very reduced rates !

indian_sukhoi

There won't be a no-fly zone unless Russia gets on board. It is necessary to protect civilians from helicopter gunships attacking Homs.

Note to mention, the missiles sent are at the end of shelf life. They must be used within the next year before they fail. Some probably already over shelf.
In that case, A bold thing to do on arming them with MANPADs.

Recovering back ammunition(MANPADs, ATGM) is a huge task. US are still concerned about MAPADs which have gone missing during Libya Conflict.

Libya's tribal loyalist are not in the open, But they will pop up anytime in coming days.

you mean to say India should buy those MANPADS at very reduced rates !
Read it twice, thrice but i still couldnt understand how did that related to my post above. :p

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What is with this new found "machoism" of France in world affairs. It always use to be a silent watcher while Uncle did all the boom bang.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What is with this new found "machoism" of France in world affairs. It always use to be a silent watcher while Uncle did all the boom bang.
We can't stand by while genocide occurs in our former colonies. Uncle isn't going to protect them so it is our responsibility.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We can't stand by while genocide occurs in our former colonies. Uncle isn't going to protect them so it is our responsibility.

And I would assume your colonial rule was very benevolent?

pmaitra

I think Russia should step up military supplies to Syria.

The quicker Assad's Forces prevbail over the armed bandits, whom some with vested interests like to call the 'Free Syrian Army.' The quicker they are decimated, the quicker this bloodhsed will end. I don't see any reason or logic in Assad's Forces practising non-violence when the rbeels are armed to the teeth.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In any case, what can France really do aside from send MANPADs and small arms without the weight of Uncle...?

pmaitra

In any case, what can France really do aside from send MANPADs and small arms without the weight of Uncle...?
Nothing much. Russia can starve Europe of energy supplies, and the fact that many western countries have already declared sanctions on Iran, the west doesn't really have too much bandwidth to play around.

Sarkozy is incumbent in France, and Putin, in Russia. There is also a need of international posturing for domestic consumption, for both the countries. I'm sure French and Russian leaders are talking behind the curtains, while their spokespersons keep up the rhetoric. I am saying this mainly because I heard reports that Russia gave away Iranian missile codes to the Israelis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles