Forum Suggestions Thread

A.V.

yusuf it depends on the features the shoutbox system is providing us with as i told its not a part of vbulletion so we dont have vbulletin commands here its a add-on which has its own system and commands you cannot customize the system as you want it depends on the limited number of featues that are provided to us.

but we are looking into options as to how we can better the system.

later as the forum grows we can install a flash chat a fullpage chat system with the link on the forum page where members can chat freely with a lot of liberty and more features.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Now the images are showing too small. Can we increase the image size?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is it possible to have the shout box on all pages including when we are viewing threads and posting? Should be possible I suppose

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Is it possible to have the shout box on all pages including when we are viewing threads and posting? Should be possible I suppose
Wouldn't it save trouble to open it in another tab ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I so that now, but then if you are posting or reading a thread you might just miss out on a few shouts with the pruning going on

yang

The problems with the pictures

As the DFl members come from all around the world,and sometimes it may be a trouble for us to share the resourses at the same time.And because of that,I constantly find that the pic I posted on the forum may available in China,but many friends here just see the broken links on their screen.
So,my question is that:Can we just post large pic by the attachment,not by using the URL?And if the attachment function can support the large pic,about 1 MB,so we can just upload the pic from our PC,and round the limitation.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Suggestions required with immediate effect:

- Increase default font size from "1" to "2". Also require increasing the size of the font on the Index page, and perhaps making it a bit more colorful/jazzy.

- There are several instances of members experiencing difficulty with consecutive reposting on threads. Mods, please look into.

- Desperately require a module at the end of each page that will take you to the "Index Page" rather than to the "Forum Homepage" upon clicking. It's getting very annoying to have to click on the 'Forum' tab on "http://www.defenceforum.in/" to return to the Index Page every time a thread is exited.

- Require a protected forum whose threads are visible only to members of DFI online. Said thread should also have the ability to have mods lock out certain unwanted members from viewing the thread at any time.

- Suggest the very drab colour scheme for Index as well as thread pages be made a lot more lively. It has been a while since this was last promised, and I think I am not the only one who will argue that it is at present a very drab and dispirited blue.

- Make the member rank insignia under the member's avatar smaller. It is a bit too overbearing at present- and is like an ineradicable block in one's peripheral vision.

- And finally we badly need to get this forum alive and kicking with members of other nationalities particularly from the subcontinent. Perhaps arrange for a set of privileges for or construct a new category called "DFI Recruiters" or some such similar artifice for those who refer this site to others.

Cheers lads,
Rage

Sailor

Mostly agree with you mate but would like to say a few things.
I think you are right about the default light blue. We need a more adventuress skin in vibrant colours.

Print size needs the bigger default.

The rank size is OK to me, it's the foul ranking system that needs changing.

But I would like to speak against that secret protected area for Mods. Any forum that I have seen this on I become immediately irritated. It is nothing but elitism.
Very irritating for newbies to see the great ones chatting away and they can't join in.

Rage

DFI TEAM
But I would like to speak against that secret protected area for Mods. Any forum that I have seen this on I become immediately irritated. It is nothing but elitism.
Very irritating for newbies to see the great ones chatting away and they can't join in.
Not for the mods mate, just for registered members of DFI online. There's a purpose to this you'll realize once such a forum is up- if and when the mods do consider the proposal.

And by 'unwanted members', I mean malicious moles and pernicious rats- that I expect we'll have aplenty once this forum grows to the heights it wants to achieve.

vijaytripoli

i am too much angry . there,s no login window comes when open the dfi.
please correct this.
chau

johnee

Suggestions required with immediate effect:

- Require a protected forum whose threads are visible only to members of DFI online. Said thread should also have the ability to have mods lock out certain unwanted members from viewing the thread at any time.

- Suggest the very drab colour scheme for Index as well as thread pages be made a lot more lively. It has been a while since this was last promised, and I think I am not the only one who will argue that it is at present a very drab and dispirited blue.

- Make the member rank insignia under the member's avatar smaller. It is a bit too overbearing at present- and is like an ineradicable block in one's peripheral vision.

- And finally we badly need to get this forum alive and kicking with members of other nationalities particularly from the subcontinent. Perhaps arrange for a set of privileges for or construct a new category called "DFI Recruiters" or some such similar artifice for those who refer this site to others.

Cheers lads,
Rage
-protected forum is big no no. all members must be able to watch and reply to any thread in the forum unless it is reserved only for mods.

-yea, the color scheme could be changed. also, the emoticons could be better, also they could be better organised both in posting and shoutbox. most of the presently available emoticons dont really allow us to express any emotion.

-avatars are overbearing?!! well, I havent found them to be so. also, avatar gives a special identity of each poster, IMO they are perfect size at present.

-yea, the forum needs some QUALITY foreign posters specially from sub-continent. some, special recognition for the 'recruiters' may do the trick.
but, maybe those foreign nationals of indian sub-continent are not ready to debate on an indian forum since they would not be getting any special privilege nor would any balderdash be allowed.

Sailor

maybe those foreign nationals are not ready to debate on an equal platform.

Duh! Wot?

johnee

maybe those foreign nationals are not ready to debate on an equal platform.

Duh! Wot?
sailor, I have edited my post. plz refer it.

to all forum members,
we can a thank a post if we find it worth it. similarly we can receive a thanx. I was wondering if we could have a similar way to thrash a post or condemn a post. just like the post we find sensible/useful could be thanked, similarly a non-sense/useless post could be thrashed/condemned. wat do you guys say?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
sailor, I have edited my post. plz refer it.

to all forum members,
we can a thank a post if we find it worth it. similarly we can receive a thanx. I was wondering if we could have a similar way to thrash a post or condemn a post. just like the post we find sensible/useful could be thanked, similarly a non-sense/useless post could be thrashed/condemned. wat do you guys say?
to a condemn a post, challenge the points it raises or report if its a flame bait.

Pintu

Dear Johnee, Singhji is right , I think report button is quite useful for this.
With respect to all the members I would say , suppose, If X condemns or thrash Y's post openly may there be any valid reason, Y could easily figure out whom the person is who condemned his / her post , as Thanks shows that who thanked who's post and your point indicating that Thrash/ Condemn button would have the same result, as we have all respected and very sensible members here, the troll (assuming Y a troll) could simply take advantage of that facility (the figuring out of condemner of his/her post) and starting out unnecessary thrashing / condemning each of X's post, starting dirty game.I think we should use report button or otherwise PM the respected Moderators, and Administrators.

Regards

A.V.

ok for all the members, here is the news the dfi staff team is working hard daily to fix up all the bugs and the updates we have too many things that we are working on simultaneously.
some upgrades that i can confirm are :---

1.FONT SIZE OF POSTS WILL BE INCREASED but we are changing the style to fluids so waiting for the appropriate time.
2.THE EMOTIONS PACK HAS BEEN UPGRADED with a basic pack and also flag smilies.
3.DFI GALLERY WILL BE REINSTALLED SOON .... waiting for the perfect style as aria is not compatible.
4.RANKING SYSTEM WILL BE ALTERED A BIT WITH THE 2 AND 1ST LIEUTENANT RANKS
5.NEW STYLE WITH VIBRANT colours will be installed.
6.VB COMMUNITY FEATURES WILL BE RESTARTED.
7.WE HAVE INSTALLED VB SEO3.3. GOLD FOR THE TRAFFIC AND RANKINGS, SEO WILL BE CONFIGURED TO HAVE BETTER FORUM INTERFACE IN THE FUTURE.ALSO expect a lot of traffic as seo will generate a huge boost.
8. HOMEPAGE WILL BE CONFIGURED WITH MORE ATTRACTIVE FEATURES/MODS
9.THE ARCADE WILL BE UPGRADED WITH MILITARY/OTHER GAMES

all we need is time and patience and co-operation from the members keep the ideas coming in from time to time

Pintu

Dear Invincible Thanks and regards for all of your efforts to make this forum attractive and one of the best forums available in the world of Internet.My wish are always with you and I offer my utmost co operation from my end.

Regards

A.V.

dear pintu its a joint effort on behalf of the whole team and not only me i am responsible for posting updates. so cheers to the whole dfi management team.

thanx for the wishes we all appreciate this very much

Pintu

Dear Invi, it was a typographical mistake from me, I wish you all the team members the respected Moderators, respected Administrators the success from my heart. I cheer for the whole DFI management team, and pray that this beautiful forum be at the zenith.

Regards

Pintu

Rage

DFI TEAM
What is wrong with you people?

Johnee:

- The protected forum is meant for all registered members of DFI online, not for 'elite' members only. The forum will not be visible only to browsing guests, and if need be, to certain unwanted moles and rats that infest Indian forums when jealousy pervades members of a certain kind.

- I never said the "avatars" were overbearing. I said the rank insignia under the avatars was and could be made smaller so that it doesn't look like a block jutting out from our peripheral visions.

- The trick with recruiting members of other subcontinental nationalities is to recruit the right ones, not the filth that plagues some of their more preposterous boards. Should they violate the very lax restrictions on posting on this board (and they are, for where else would you see a thread with swimsuit calendars?) they will have to surgically remove the mods' boots from their collective behinds. And there are plenty here who will make sure the door doesn't slam them on the ar*e on their way out --- myself included.

There is a growing tendency on this board to reply to posts without reading fully or carefully the post being replied to. Let's make an effort to do away with that please.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles