Forum Suggestions Thread

A.V.

yes it was uploaded in a different setting we will fix all these issues one by one

ZOOM

Founding Member
Mods, isn't it possible to increase the grid of Latest Post appearance, so that we can have a quick recap of all the latest comments. All I am saying is that, it should be quite similar to what we had on IDF.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
^^^

I second that. Quite a necessity.

A.V.

zoom and soham we are working on your suggestion if its possible in this version we will do that surely need little time.

ZOOM

Founding Member
Ok, but do try to implement the same. It will enable DFI to be more user friendly for browsing.

A.V.

flint we already have a think tank section,titles backyard , and a staff talk section. its only visible to the respective user groups.

.v0id

FOUNDER
When images are very large, it throws off the alignment of the page in the thread. There should be a way to resize the images to a preset size so as to not throw off the page alignment.

Here is an example

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php?t=1016&page=2
Here we go DDji,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Mods, isn't it possible to increase the grid of Latest Post appearance, so that we can have a quick recap of all the latest comments. All I am saying is that, it should be quite similar to what we had on IDF.

Its for you ZooMji,

-Amar

ZOOM

Founding Member
Here we go DDji,

Its for you ZooMji,

-Amar
I quite aware about this section, but isn't it possible to implement the same on lines of what we had in IDF. Since your referred section can carry only handful of most recent comments and hence doesn't give enough coverage of what happening on board in a shortest possible time.

Auberon

All news postings and articles must be followed up with the link.

A.V.

yes auberon you are right even i missed it at times we need to learn the proper way of posting post a part of the article that is significant to the thread and provide the link for the rest also members need to argue or bring up their thoughts on the news rather than plain new we have a news update thread for plain news other threads are for discussions we must justify our views and posts by our arguments.

i am willing to follow this from now on and i request all members to do it also we can have quality discussions on DFI.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pruning the shout box should stopped. Maybe put a limit of 25 odd shouts there and it goes as first in first out so that we can see what others have written after say we post on a thread and come back. Has happened to me many times that I come to the shoutbox looking for a reply and found the box pruned.

Flint

Damned pruning. hate it. Mods - keep your hands off the prune button :2guns:

Flint

Also I have issues with the emoticon selection - why not add a few simple ones like anger, embarrassment, etc? The current crop is cute but kinda useless to express, well, emotions.

A.V.

flint the emotion section will be upgraded with the next software upgrade within a week we have a huge collection of smilies we will keep on changing some from time to time.

about the prunning it helps the shoutbox to work faster without a prune from time to time it will get slower also its not a vb default feature its an add-on so it has its own features.

johnee

InVi,
cant we have 15 max shouts or something similar? otherwise cant the moderators prune after leaveing 5 recent shouts? otherwise the continuity is lost

A.V.

johnee we can enable autoprune but webby will let you know if what you suggested can be done or not

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I suggest a FIFO system an 25 shouts. So at any point we can view 25 recent shouts. No pruning required

Global Defence

New threads

Articles