Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Hello,
I've noticed that when I post pics on the forums, they're re-sized (to 400px × 300px) & become relatively small. Can't they be scaled down to a more reasonable size?...say like 640px X 480px something?? It'll be more convenient as we won't have to enlarge every photo when viewing..
Thank you :),
E1

Vikramaditya

Country flag
DFI news

i think dfi news should also be used for displaying new thread and announcement instead of announcement thread...
What your suggestion guys....:dfi-1:

Tamil

Country flag
i need flags of India & Russia in older format, it is not likely good to view...plz take action ASAP

A.V.

ok flags in oder format ? fine flag smilies will be updated sometime soon.

about dfi news , we are still starting on this keep a watch we will include a lot of stuff in there but certainly not new threads or posts because you can get the most recent post and reply directly from the shoutbox.the dfi news will be limited to happenings of the forum

about the size of the picture, enlightened1 we have made the default option but will check if we can change the resolution then we will do it surely

ppgj

twice it happened on google chrome and firefox. when you post the- reply comes as flood at top left of the screen and it does not post. when you refresh- it comes as double post. infact my post to sabir's thread on 'reservation' is not even posted. don't know the reason. any help please?

A.V.

the problem with flood is slow net connection nothing from our end

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
If possible, increase th number of text/font colors in s-box now that number of members are increasing :). It would be easier to distinguish shouts by different users
Also, we can remove the colors silver, pink and yellow, since they are not visible and nobody uses them.

Okay let pink stay or else Rohit will be angry. :p

Quickgun Murugan

Suggestion

There can be a Q&A thread in IAF section as a sticky wherein members can inquire about general/technical/silly air force questions whom experienced members can answer and other members can learn.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^^^Good idea. Make it as a Q&A thread, where people can ask questions about aviation, weapons, technology etc.

A.V.

all members who want start a new thread on some specific topic consult the dfi team members consiting of
DAREDEVIL,
PINTU,
RAGE
AND SOHAMSRI
they will guide and help you on which forum it can be created and any other queries

regarding the q and a thread you can certainly start one or ask daredevil he will start one for you

Pintu

The skin is really great , I congratulate respected Team Defence Forum of India, also I would like to point out, the addition of the following add ons would beautify it more :

a. I think it would be great if twitter logo, added at the bottom of the page as it appears in Vborg skin.

b. Addition of 'tweet this' button.

c. Font size should be kept little bigger in the edit box, also if possible links given in posts may be in darker colour or better if in different colour like blue, and underlining the link as it appears in URL link in HTML. If possible of addition of new font like Lucida Calligraphy,Lucida Handwriting, Black letter.

d. If freeze pen system can be applied to the notice in the S/Box as , the user scrolling shout box, the important notice may remain there , it will be also helpful for drawing attention to the important announcement/announcements.

e. Addition of Forum jump option.

f. Addition of FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

A.V.

also members please suggest what can help to better user experience on this new blue fixed skin.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In the new skin there are quite a few glitches which need to be taken care of.

1) Country flags doesn't show up.

2) The color of a hyperlink is same that of default font color. It is very difficult to distinguish hyperlink from text.

I will post them as and when I find them.

Pintu

Agreed DD, great find, country flag also , I have forgot to mention it.

Regards

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Home / Blog Buttons also missing

A.V.

not all modifications are transferred to the new skin we are working on it all functions will be restored incuding country flags , nav bars,flash and even new add on features

Quickgun Murugan

Why is the contents of a thread not visible to a visitor?

If this option is enabled, curious visitors can read and judge the quality of the forum and make their decision to join and contribute their point of view.

A.V.

Why is the contents of a thread not visible to a visitor?

If this option is enabled, curious visitors can read and judge the quality of the forum and make their decision to join and contribute their point of view.
thats is not the case contents of upto 3 threads are vissible to a guest after which he/she will be redirected to register if he wants to continue reading the forum its our marketing policy and has been in place after serious discussions with members and management alike and is serving well for the forum as of now
:india:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Forum HQ section

Though the pre-moderated HQ section was initiated to allow quality discussion, participation rate in my opinion much below of what was anticipated. I think on an average there is less than two posts per day at least for last few days, though there are some good topics to discuss upon.
The time gap between the posts ( it will always be there for pre-moderated threads) is breaking the rythm of discussion. It is not necessary experienced members will always need time to do homework for a posts. They can do it well instantly with the flow of discussion. But they are certainly not getting the flow needed.

My suggestion is to maintain HQ section with a different approach. Instead of directly starting a thread in HQ section, we can promote moderated portions of existing threads from different sections. If someone wants to reply he would have to visit the original section where the thread acctually belongs to. The threads in HQ will be updated time to time with the new posts from original section.

We can allow the visitors only in HQ threads. Definately it will work as an advertisement for the forum.

For present, stuffs can shortlisted some threads (say 20) and ultimately choose the final ones (say 8-10) after taking opinion of members.

It will be a matter of prestige for the members to see their threads or posts getting selected in HQ section. It will improve the overall quality of posts and thread selection I think.

Regards,

A.V.

sabir we are looking at the hq to go slow initially it is bound to happen it will pick up once we have more quality members online taking posts from other sections that will surely be done some excellent threads will be shifted there

i will update a full approach on the hq how we are looking to shape it up
the dfi pro section and the role of the pros

if we get 1 post a day in the hq that would be enough because we are targetting a ong term goal of quality based on the hq we have enough open forums to increase the number of posts

will update in details about the hq
need to go to work right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles