Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
How about increasing pm limit for normal members???.....i have to delete pm-s everyday,and i hate that!!!....man,only 50 allowed???

ppgj

as for the disclaimer -why can't it be like a scrollbar like the DFI tag line(in red).just a thought.

A.V.

we will try to do it, but the staff team are having its hands full with so much of work being done just uploaded the dfi blog more features we are working on ,will do somethin about the notice as many have already pointed it out before

ppgj

multiple posts of news items(virtually with the same news)from different sites on the same topic are posted in full.there should be a way to post only the links(except the best item in full with the link).it adds unnecessarily to the band width.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The "Social Groups" seem to be inactive. If I click on the link for the groups, I'm greeted by a blank screen.
Could they be activated ?

AkhandBharat

Can we add multiple flags to a user's profile for residence and nationality?

Thanks
AB

Rage

DFI TEAM
Gentlemen,

May I congratulate you all on a job well done. I've just been to this section after a long time ROFL, and only now noticed that a new sports sections was created. Let me take this opportunity to thank you, the mods, and especially Invi.

Perhaps we could have a 'Military History' section, with (General) 'History' as a child-board under that section instead of under the "General" subsection. This would serve several important purposes - to debunk Pakisthanie claims of fallacious and fictional triumphs during past wars. The 'General History' section is also fairly large and intriguing, and should be accommodated under its own sub-section under a 'Military History' sub-board IMO. I also have some exceptionally elucidatory threads on joint military ventures and military developments between Indian companies and foreign ones during the earlier part of our post-independence existence. As there are plenty of threads on the glorious warfare of Indian Naval warcraft, military campaigns, martial arts and crude weapons in antiquity that languish under the 'General History' section that ought to brought to light. Perhaps this could be considered seriously. I'm sure we have several members here that would like to see, and contribute to, such a section.

Strength and honour,
Rage

A.V.

rage the sports section was created long back.
about the military history section, we have a full forum titled WARS AND WAR-HEROES thats a complete new forum for military history and wars also honouring the brave and the many forgotten , we will change the description of that section to include military history his is in addition to the general history and culture section that we have for general history discussion

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hi, I finally decided I should join after reading the forums for long. If it's not too much to ask for, can I suggest that the forums be extended to the full-width of the screen? Helps reading in widescreen monitors.

A.V.

Hi, I finally decided I should join after reading the forums for long. If it's not too much to ask for, can I suggest that the forums be extended to the full-width of the screen? Helps reading in widescreen monitors.

sir we have the choice of mutiple skins for that purpose this is a defaut skin you can change the skin to another blue fixed version at the bottom of the screen for better experience

ppgj

just a suggestion-
it would be interesting to have daily cartoon of say R K LAXMAN or A NINAN, the two top cartoonists. they make statements of high societal value, of national importance, foreign relations, politics. also having a thread like that will be refreshing too apart from being a tribute to the two greats. also there may be members who are cartoonists and who can post. another thing- some can just sketch and somebody can add text.

A.V.

great idea that take the initiative start a thread i will make it sticky, and members can add on there
also i think there is a cartoon thread in the general talk segment have a look there also please
surely can be done

ppgj

great idea that take the initiative start a thread i will make it sticky, and members can add on there
also i think there is a cartoon thread in the general talk segment have a look there also please
surely can be done
yes AV. you are right. there is already a thread which i had missed out. thanks for pointing it out.

prahladh

Respected Member
Hi, In the banner "Defence Forum Of India" above, why don't we convert "o" in "Forum" or "Of" to Ashok chakra.

p2prada

Mods, Can we un ban the word ***(P-D-F). Its quite a hassle correcting the URL every time for P-D-F files.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sri: The forum is owned and hosted by foreign personnel/entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles