Formula 1 - Indian Grand Prix

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Hope the quality is better than commonwealth games. Hope roads don't cave in after rain:sad::sad::confused::confused:
No, they are tested by International experts months before. They will also do test runs and if there is something wrong, they will scarp the event. They have very stringent guidelines regarding this. Also remember this is not a govt. run project but a private one who has every bit of incentive to make it a success and make sure that such lapses won't happen.

sandeepdg

Hope the quality is better than commonwealth games. Hope roads don't cave in after rain:sad::sad::confused::confused:
This is a private event and thousands of tickets have already sold. All this won't have happened if the FIA hadn't given a go ahead which happens more than a month before a race.

debasree

Country flag
ya......................h brhoo...........m,at last in home ,just love to see it

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Sahara Group becomes co-owner of Force India​

Leading sports promoter Sahara India Pariwar announced on Wednesday that it is to buy a 42.5 percent stake in Force India, investing approximately $100 million in the team. Following the deal, team principal and managing director Dr Vijay Mallya will retain an equal 42.5 percent share, with the remaining 15 percent equity kept by the Mol family.

"India is reaching new heights in all spheres, including sports," said Subrata Roy Sahara, managing worker and chairman of Sahara India Pariwar. "Formula One has always remained a bastion of the western world. The advent of India in this exciting sport has remained a matter of pride for all our countrymen.

"I feel doubly proud that Sahara is the co-owner of India's only F1 team and I am sure that we will together bring pride and laurels to our beloved nation."

Sahara's partnership with Force India is expected to provide an opportunity for the team to further invest in cutting-edge technology to improve their performance. Sahara has many diverse interests including financial services, real estate, media, IT and tourism.

"It has indeed been a matter of pride for me to put India on the F1 map with Force India and raise the performance of the team to its current levels," added Mallya. "The Sahara Group has played a very important role in the development of sport in the country and is an ideal partner to take the Force India F1 Team to greater success in the Formula One world championship."

The Mallya-Mol consortium became the former Jordan team's third owner in just three years when they bought it back in 2007. The Midland group had taken over in 2005, before selling out to sportscar makers Spyker late in 2006.

Force India are currently sixth in the 2011 constructors' standings with 48 world championship points.

trackwhack

oh man, check these pics out. I had my fingers crossed about whether these guys will finish everything on time
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=708714&page=101

Awesome progress. This will become the best circuit in the world in a couple of years. Already drivers doing simuls are saying the track is the best drivers track. If they take care of the place well in the next two years, the place will green out nicely and will be beautiful

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Bloody tickets are too expensive.
That's because they can recoup the costs only once a year. Remaining time of the year it is left for training or other car races.

I had to pay 70 Euros for the lowest ticket in Monza,Italy. Highest ticket price (I think its paddock) is 5000 Euros or so.

sandeepdg

oh man, check these pics out. I had my fingers crossed about whether these guys will finish everything on time
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=708714&page=101

Awesome progress. This will become the best circuit in the world in a couple of years. Already drivers doing simuls are saying the track is the best drivers track. If they take care of the place well in the next two years, the place will green out nicely and will be beautiful

Yeah track and the associated infra looks great. I wish the greenery was a bit more. Would have looked better beside the track as well as outside.

Illusive

Country flag

Beautiful video, RBR in Ladakh.

Actually we could have a F1 race here, we have night race in Singapore, this would have been the first mountain race. It would have been a unique race:rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandeepdg

Beautiful video, RBR in Ladakh.

Actually we could have a F1 race here, we have night race in Singapore, this would have been the first mountain race. It would have been a unique race:rolleyes:.
The terrain and infrastructure is not suitable for an F1 race in Ladakh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illusive

Country flag
@sandeepdg , i think its not infrastructure but rather huge crowds wont be attracted due to climate. Even Noida is not that great place for F1, they should have built the sports city first and then the F1 track. Crowd is very important for an F1 race, if people are not coming to the event, the track becomes a liability, they have to pay heavy prices, take the Korean example.
Formula 1 | Ecclestone issues Korean GP warning | ESPNSTAR.com

I think F1 track was better of somewhere in Bangalore or Mumbai, cause fanbase is higher in these parts.
When Hamilton came to Bangalore there was more crowd than anticipated while not in the case in New Delhi where Red Bull had a run too.
Still, happy that atleast F1 is there in India.

Illusive

Country flag
Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party

Greater Noida: A stray dog spoiled India's grand entry into the world of Formula One when it halted the first practice session at the newly-constructed Buddh International Circuit for five minutes here on Friday.
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car, making for an embarrassing scene ahead of the inaugural Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
It wasn't the first organisational glitch to hit the event. On Thursday, Williams' driver Rubens Barrichello's press conference was interrupted by a power cut.

On Friday, the dog strayed onto the track after Force India's Adrian Sutil outmanoeuvred Team Lotus' Karun Chandhok, who lost out on a race seat as his outfit decided to stick with regular driver Jarno Trulli, while coming out of the pit lane.
The proceedings were stopped for five minutes after that.
There was another minor glitch when a bat flew into the media centre before being chased away.

Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party - Sports - Formula One - ibnlive

Is asking for an event to go on without any glitch too much?:tsk:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party

Greater Noida: A stray dog spoiled India's grand entry into the world of Formula One when it halted the first practice session at the newly-constructed Buddh International Circuit for five minutes here on Friday.
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car, making for an embarrassing scene ahead of the inaugural Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
It wasn't the first organisational glitch to hit the event. On Thursday, Williams' driver Rubens Barrichello's press conference was interrupted by a power cut.

On Friday, the dog strayed onto the track after Force India's Adrian Sutil outmanoeuvred Team Lotus' Karun Chandhok, who lost out on a race seat as his outfit decided to stick with regular driver Jarno Trulli, while coming out of the pit lane.
The proceedings were stopped for five minutes after that.
There was another minor glitch when a bat flew into the media centre before being chased away.

Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party - Sports - Formula One - ibnlive

Is asking for an event to go on without any glitch too much?:tsk:
These glitches happen in every race.

Ive been watching F1 for 10 years now and ive seen dogs running on the tracks during races.

But when it comes to nitpicking the Indian media will always find a way to kick us down.

Illusive

Country flag
These glitches happen in every race.

Ive been watching F1 for 10 years now and ive seen dogs running on the tracks during races.

But when it comes to nitpicking the Indian media will always find a way to kick us down.
True, hope they solve the dust problem too which seems too be coming from other construction sites, that shouldn't be a problem next year if everything is completed.

Saw the practice session and the circuit is awesome, the best of Hermann Tilke designed circuits who happens to be lot criticized for his other boring circuit designs like Bahrain, China etc.

niharjhatn

Has there been any practice runs/reviews of the track?

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton set first fastest lap-time in Friday Free Practice for inaugural Indian GP. Hamilton – 1:26:836
Hamilton top in first practice for Indian GP | F1 2011 | Indian GP - Buddh International Circuit | F1 News | Formula1onlive | 2011 F1 Cars Photos

Pretty cool, but they should promote something cooler like basketball than F1 in India IMO :lol:

Heh, a while back I convinced my younger sister (when they had the safety car going around the track) that the objective was to finish LAST without stopping, at which point she declared F1 as the stupidest race in the world

Edit

some pretty cool pics:

Last edited:
D

Drona

Indian Grand Prix 2011: Lewis Hamilton pays the penalty as wild dog halts first practice session

The Englishman was not the only one toiling under the midday sun. A dog on the track had caused first practice to be red-flagged and Renault's Bruno Senna, who hit a stray dog during a GP2 race in 2008, said it was inexcusable. "When I arrived at the track I saw that exact dog walking around the entrance of the paddock," he said. "It shows that no one really paid attention to it."
Hindustaniyo Kutte khana bhi chalu kardo, chinio ki tarah, :lol:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Firangi media is in full swing again bashing everything from poverty, cows to the specs of dust on the track.

When will Indians see the light that there is prejudice ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles