For linking RSS to 26/11, Aziz Burney says sorry on front page

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by S.A.T.A, Jan 29, 2011.

1. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

New Delhi:

Aziz Burney hit national headlines when he got Congress heavyweight Digvijay Singh to throw his weight behind his book, provocatively titled RSS ka Shadyantra, 26/11 (RSS conspiracy, 26/11).

That book launch, on December 6 last year, was the event where Singh said that Mumbai ATS chief Hemant Karkare had called him, hours before he was killed in the terror attacks, to tell him about threats he had received for probing Hindu extremists and their terror links.

Now Burney says he is sorry.

In a front-page apology in the Hindi edition of Rashtriya Sahara today — also carried in Hindi in its Urdu edition that Burney edits — he has apologised “if he has hurt anyone or any group while discussing events around 26/11.”

The apology is titled “Aziz Burney ki taraf se safaai aur maafi)” (A clarification and apology from Burney).

For more than two years since the Mumbai attacks, Burney has been presenting what he calls an “alternative” picture through a series of more than 100 articles, culminating in the book published both in Urdu and in Hindi.

He said today that he would like to “clarify and apologise if he has hurt anyone by the title of his book and is happy to change the title” if that would assuage feelings.

Said Burney: “I am an Indian and stand by my government on all international matters. I will never do anything to compromise its position in the rest of the world.”

He cited a piece he wrote on December 17 last year entitled, Hafiz Sayed hamara apraadhi hai, ise hamein saunpo, (Hafiz Sayed is our enemy, hand him to us). “(The piece) does not talk about 26/11 nor links the incident with the RSS,” he said.

He said that he did not want to weaken India’s stand in any way nor wishes to link RSS to the incident.

Burney has consistently maintained that there is more to 26/11 than meets the eye, and has on several occasions, discussed the death of Karkare.

When asked by The Indian Express to explain his turnaround, Burney said: “There is no turnaround, I have just been misinterpreted. I was only pointing to certain circumstantial evidence in the matter, which I would want investigating agencies to look at. I am a journalist, not an investigating agency. I agree with the Indian government’s view on this. All I am saying is consider the circumstantial evidence. It is as a true Muslim that I am happy to apologise if someone is hurt by the allegations.”

Sources said Burney is under a lot of pressure, both on the political and personal fronts. He said he was “open to changing the title of his book, but not the contents.”

“After all, it is the CBI which has ordered a reopening of the Malegaon probe. Look at what Aseemanand has to say. Even in a case like Aarushi Talwar’s murder, they are looking at circumstantial things, which is all I pointed out in the 26/11 case. Who am I to accuse and judge?”

3. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

where is diggy Raja now. Even pakistanis are saying sorry now . but if he says sorry now he is bound to loose few votes that he somehow managed by his cheap political gimmick.

4. S.A.T.A

Diggy raja is probably preparing his own safaai aur maafi patra.......dont bet on that though

5. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

This Burney has not repudiated his book, which links RSS with 26/11. He stands by his idiotic theory.

He says sorry "If some feel hurt". Like he was telling thr truth, sorry if it hurt. Was he telling a bitter truth?

I don't buy it for a minute. You may swallow it you feel like.

6. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

anything coming out from mouth of congressmen or related on congress in anyway is just bla bla for me.

7. S.A.T.A

Aziz Burney's apology and safaai is not coming as a result any soul searching,couple of years back a case had been filed against Aziz Burney in the Navi mumbai court under various section which comes under provisions against indulging in anti national activities.The case was filed against Burney as a result of several his articles which appeared in the Shara Urdu daily,of which he is the editor,in which he attempts to link Hindu groups like RSS to the Mumbai atrocity, wherein Burney even accuses indian security agency of orchestrating a cover up.........

Aziz Burney is trying to get the cases withdrawn,because there is a good chances he could got jail for the same,hence this apology.

8. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Diggy and Zaid Hamid should co write a book to denounce Hindu Zionism or is it that Diggy is a fan of the most famous defence analyst the world has seen.

ZAID HAMID ON MUMBAI ATTACK

Digvijay chulu bhaar pani mein maro

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  9. prahladh

prahladh Respected Member

302_b_345efa3f46e516741f11fbbf1215d8b8.jpg

There it is R.S.S and he says he didn't mean to hurt any group.

10. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Offtopic but just to clarify some misperceptions here

On Digvijay Singh and Mumbai attacks and death of Karkare its been clarified quite a few times that he agrees with GoI investigations on this.
    Call records in hand, Digvijaya wants apology
    Pakistani terrorists killed Karkare : Digvijay Singh

And on Aziz Burney, recently he came out with a press release apologising for the title but again no where in the book afaik has he gone against the official line that Pakistani terrorsits were involved in the Mumbai attacks.

I would hope he would withdraw the book or atleast re-write and not just re-title it as he said he would.

His Press release on the apology in Hindi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  11. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

This so called apology is a sham. The book does link RSS with 26/11 and does weaken India's stand. Change of title will not help.

Diggy did release the book, implying he agrees with the content. Moroeover, he did insinuate that Karkare was killed by Hindu extremists, easy to conclude that RSS is linked. Both Burney and doggy found that their rants had few defenders, hence sham apologies.

Most likely Diggy and Burney both knew of the conspiracy. Unless they can prove that Kasab is a Hindu Zionist son of a Pakistani muslim.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  12. murdikar

murdikar New Member

Namaste,
    Adv Prashant Maggu had filed the court case for me against Sahara Group editor Aziz Burney for his baseless allegations against RSS and India's security and intelligence apparatus in Navi Mumbai court two years ago.Court issued non-bailable warrant against him,which forced Burney to beg for apology.Forwarding e-mail sent by Aziz Burney to me for demanding apology and for requesting withdrawal of court case.Read and forward this mail to all like minded people.

Vinay Joshi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: 28 January 2011 21:45
    Subject: Letter for apology
    To: Vinay Joshi <[email protected]>

Dear Mr.Vinay Joshi,

Since last two years I am writing various articles regarding 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.You had filed court suit against me and Sahara Publications in Navi Mumbai court for my articles regarding Mumbai attack.I never wrote anything to deliberately hurt the feelings of anyone.But if you are disturbed or hurt due to any article or anything I quoted in my article,then I am extremely sorry for this.Hope you would accept my apology.

Also I am requesting you for the immediate withdrawal of court case filed against me in Navi Mumbai court,as it is creating professional difficulties for me and I cannot afford to bear cost of litigation.I never intended to target India's security apparatus and any patriotic organisation working in India.but if there are any references made in my articles by mistake then I am really sorry for that.I assure you that I will not write anything in future that may hurt anyone and I will take utmost care for the same.Expecting quick withdrawal of court case once again.

Thanks & regards,

Aziz Burney,

Sahara India Complex,

C-2,3,4; Sector 11,Noida-201301

Phone:0120-2553921,2598419

Fax:0120-2545231,2537635

13. murdikar

murdikar New Member

Namaste,
    Adv Prashant Maggu had filed the court case for me against Sahara Group editor Aziz Burney for his baseless allegations against RSS and India's security and intelligence apparatus in Navi Mumbai court two years ago.Court issued non-bailable warrant against him,which forced Burney to beg for apology.Forwarding e-mail sent by Aziz Burney to me for demanding apology and for requesting withdrawal of court case.Read and forward this mail to all like minded people.

Vinay Joshi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: 28 January 2011 21:45
    Subject: Letter for apology
    To: Vinay Joshi <[email protected]>

Dear Mr.Vinay Joshi,

Since last two years I am writing various articles regarding 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.You had filed court suit against me and Sahara Publications in Navi Mumbai court for my articles regarding Mumbai attack.I never wrote anything to deliberately hurt the feelings of anyone.But if you are disturbed or hurt due to any article or anything I quoted in my article,then I am extremely sorry for this.Hope you would accept my apology.

Also I am requesting you for the immediate withdrawal of court case filed against me in Navi Mumbai court,as it is creating professional difficulties for me and I cannot afford to bear cost of litigation.I never intended to target India's security apparatus and any patriotic organisation working in India.but if there are any references made in my articles by mistake then I am really sorry for that.I assure you that I will not write anything in future that may hurt anyone and I will take utmost care for the same.Expecting quick withdrawal of court case once again.

Thanks & regards,

Aziz Burney,

Sahara India Complex,

C-2,3,4; Sector 11,Noida-201301

Phone:0120-2553921,2598419

Fax:0120-2545231,2537635

14. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Dande se to bhoot bhi seedha ho jata hai.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  15. S.A.T.A

There was no need for merging Aziz burney thread into the current one,they are not relevant to each other other than for fact they are in the context of the Mumbai attacks.I hope the mods will restore the thread back to its original state.

Mod Note: Thread restored

16. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Hello Vinay, did you accept his apology?

17. AmitAgrawal

AmitAgrawal New Member

I think now he become Dhobi ka Kutta Na ghar ka na ghat ka :lol:

18. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

So the apology is because he does not want the court case against him to proceed. This makes it pretty clear.

While I believe in freedom of speech and hold the ideals of free speech very highly, I somehow chuckle to myself when I see conspiracy theorists making a fool out of themselves.

19. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

No, no. Burney is not fooling himself, nor fooling momins. But he did succeed in fooling a few, mainly kafirs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011