For Congress, secularism is a dead horse in Gujarat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by KS, Apr 17, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/for-congress-secularism-is-a-dead-horse-in-gujarat-274662.html

A very good analysis.

What cracked me up was Mulla Mulayam's response to the Pokhran blasts...Epiccccc.

parijataka likes this.
  3. lemontree

lemontree Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Did Rashid Alvi loose any kith or kin to comment that the 2002 riots were a dead issue or a dead horse?
    The issues in Gujarat is not about Congress but about subverting justice.

4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Rashid Alvi is no spokesperson of the minority community nor is at any level a national leader. He is just expressing a reality that in Gujarat today that as an electoral tool the riots of 2002 do not have any return.

It is all politics.

5. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

I would not say it is a no-gainer, the 2002 riots issue.

Every time Congressis open their big mouth about that they add more supporters to Modi.

Remember how the 2007 Gujarat election campaign was going on a developmental plank with minimal shouting of "secularist" slogans even by the Gujarat state Congress leadership and many in the media were licking their lips about a defeat for Modi. Mata Maino came, uttered that facepalmic statement "Maut ka saudagar" and immediately the victory of Modi was guarenteed ?

6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Congress is a dead horse!

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

The biggest problem with Congress is lack of strong face to fight against BJP. Which leader can match MODI ? Even Rahul Gandhi can't and here we are talking of a state.

BJP winning Gujarat election for last 20 years. It ruled for many years even before Modi came into active politics. Most likely, BJP will complete 25 years too. I don't remember any other state except Left in WB which ruled for such long time and ironically, BJP is more stronger today than it was couple of decades back in Gujarat. Performance added the strength in saffron !!

Congress Muslim vote bank strategy will work only in UP, WB, Bihar but ironically, Congress lost all these 3 states. I have feeling that Congress will use Soft Hindutava and Nationalist policy to counter BJP. But I doubt, it will work as Congress keeps changing it's strategy as per convenient and requirement and everyone knows it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    iNDiAN.96 likes this.