Food Thread

Oracle

you've done it with meat and used the gravy of the dish? man if not you are going to so much love it.
I have not tried it out with meat. I will try this one out the next time I buy meat. Thanks for the recipe.

anyways, any salads you do? if yes do share, and definitely the dressings.
Yes. I do chicken and prawn salads with fresh seasonal vegetables. Depending on my mood, I use mayonaise, kashondi(a sauce made from Mustard seeds - fav of bongs) or Pudina chatni.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I have not tried it out with meat. I will try this one out the next time I buy meat. Thanks for the recipe.

Yes. I do chicken and prawn salads with fresh seasonal vegetables. Depending on my mood, I use mayonaise, kashondi(a sauce made from Mustard seeds - fav of bongs) or Pudina chatni.
just reduce that gravy well, and make it well concentrated.

interesting, mustard seed sauce for dressing, got to do this one, must be using it in small proportions, please also tell about the paste, how to make it? cheers, any more that you do.

i generally skip mayonnaise and make do with hung curd.

Oracle

Here is a simple tomato salad that goes well with Mutton, Dal and almost anything.

Ingredients:

1. Tomatoes - 2 medium sized
2. Onion - 1
3. Green chilli - 2
4. Red Chillies (dry) - 4 to 6

Preparation:

1. Cut the fresh tomatoes & onion fine. Green chillies should be cut into finer pieces, so that they are almost negligible to the human eye.

2. Take the dry red chillies and burn it in fire, over the gas stove. Yes, burn it, just before only ashes remain. *sneeze* *sneeze*
3. Take a tbs of Dhara Mustard oil, salt according to taste and mix everything. Your salad is ready.

The purpose of adding burned dry red chilles is that it gives out a fine scent. Mustard oil for the strong taste.

You can also add finely chopped carrot and cucumber. Can be made in 5 mins flat.

Oracle

just reduce that gravy well, and make it well concentrated.
Yeah!

interesting, mustard seed sauce for dressing, got to do this one, must be using it in small proportions, please also tell about the paste, how to make it? cheers, any more that you do.

i generally skip mayonnaise and make do with hung curd.
Yeah, mayonnaise is a fattener. Kashondi I buy from bong shops in Bangalore(I don't know how to prepare it). In Delhi, go to CR Park market, the bongs shops there would sure have it.

One more is Pork(minus the fat) salad with pineapple sauce. I make the pineapple sauce on my own.

I am so hungry now. I will add the recipes later with pics when I prepare them.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This thread gave me inspiration to make pizzas.

I can now make the base and sauce from scratch. :)

Oracle

White Sauce

Serves 2.

Ingredients:

Maida - 2 tbps
Butter - 25 - 40 gms
Milk - 250 ml
Garlic - 10 medium sized cloves (diced into very fine pieces)

Preparation:

1. Heat up a Tawa or a kadai
2. Add the butter
3. After a minute OR after the butter melts, add the diced garlic
4. Stir for 2 mins in medium heat
5. Add 2 tbps of maida and continue stirring in medium heat.
6. After 3 mins, add 150 - 200 ml of milk and continue stirring
7. When the paste starts to become thick, have a taste.
8. Add a little sugar and salt to taste.
9. Continue stirring to make a semi gravy type of a paste.
10. Done.

Time to cook : Not more than 15 mins. Tastes more or less like home made mayonnaise.

sandeepdg

Wow, will all this talk about such great food recipes, that you guys have shared, makes me consider taking cooking more seriously ! Oracle, Kunal, TR and everybody else, thanks for inspiring me try my hand at cooking seriously other than the usual omlette, bhurji, french toast and maggi stuff :)

Oracle

/\/\/\ I can make luchi/puri/roti/parantha, but the lazy me does not permit me to prepare these.

I am very fond of rotis and all, but the laziness.

Luchi and alu'r dom, OR luchi and guhgni, OR luchi and kosha mangsho. Uffff, good food often gives me an ahem!

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Abbey, it's easy to make. If you need the recipe, PM me. Well it takes 12 hours for the marination though.
No da, I gave at least 9 ci ti before serving it, didnt work, Meat was from army supply..

Oracle

No da, I gave at least 9 ci ti before serving it, didnt work, Meat was from army supply..
Kosa mangso has a different way of cooking.

Some hints:
Clean the meat, have a paste of garam masala, garlic and ginger. Marinate the meat with only those mentioned, and keep it for 12 hours. Then the drama begins( I will let you know later). And Kunal, it's not Kolkata or Assam that you would get soft meat, people in here like steel for chewing.

Oracle

A month before, it was troubling me a lot. Particularly during mid-nights. He is no more.

Then came something up the food chain:

If you guys are smart, then you know it. Don' ask me anything please.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles