Food production award for Gujarat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by GPM, Jan 17, 2013.

1. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

CM congratulates Gujarat’s farmers for winning Krishi Commendation Award
    Gujarat bags central government’s Krishi Commendation Award for record agriculture production

Gandhinagar, Tuesday: Chief Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated farmers of the state and agriculture department for winning central government’s Krishi Commendation Award for excellent food grain production. In the year 2010-11 Gujarat has produced record 100.07 lakh tones of food grain.

Giving outlines of the award today in a meeting of state cabinet, headed by the Chief Minister, State Agriculture Minister Babubhai Bokhariya informed that the state has bagged the Krishi Commendation Award from the President Dr. Pranab Mukharjee and Union Agriculture Minister Mr. Sharad Pawar.

Krishi Karman and Krishi Commendation Award, 2011-12 have been presented to the states for exemplary food grain production and the Gujarat bagged Krishi Commendation Award of Rs. 25 lakh among seven award categories.

It is worth noting that Gujarat chiefly cultivates commercial and cash crops. During last 10 years, the Chief Minister has encouraged Krishi Mahotsav and water conversation mission, which enabled the state to cultivate almost same quantity of production in all seasons.

In the last 10 years, productivity of the state has increased by 75 % to 1,955 Kg. per hectare from 1,112 Kg. per hectare in 2001. Total agriculture production of the state jumped to 92.56 lakh. MT in 47.34 lakh hectare in 2011-12 from 42.92 lakh tone in 38.59 lakh hectare, which shows an increase of 115%. Gujarat has continuously managed an agricultural growth rate of over 10%.

Gujarat receives Total Food Grain Production Award by the President of India « Home | www.narendramodi.in

Raj30 and parijataka like this.
  3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

NaMo 2014.

Raj30 likes this.
  4. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Pro-Industries, Pro-Retailers and Pro-Farmers. This is called all round development.

VIP, parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  5. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

In india to be counted as a good politician you have to be pro-minority

Raj30 likes this.
  6. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

another Modi thread................ I wonder what will happen if he actually become PM.

7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

It will be very good for India if he does, chances are less however thanks to our illiterate voters and even worse pseudo-intellectuals. I say pseudo-intellectuals and not pseudo-seculars because these men and women are just parroting what is fashionable among liberals in the West. I wish they would emulate the good qualities of liberal West as well. I dont blame our voters who vote based on caste and religion as they do not know better and most of them are dirt poor but the limousine liberals and fully purchased stooges of Congress will not allow NaMo anywhere near Delhi I believe.

8. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

let the people decided.

9. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

Italian mafias/ looters shall pack up & BRIC shall be lead by India.

Raj30 likes this.
  10. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Not in a country where politicians appeal to religion, sect, caste, sub caste etc.

But Modi as PM will powe India to 21st century.

11. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

He needs to stay in Gujarat for atleast 5-7 years as some projects which he has initiated are very much ambitious and if he exits Gujarat, I don't think these beurocrafts will complete them under some another person's rule.He took those projects directly under his eyes. Kalpasar is one of them.

12. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Kalpsar, Gift, Metro there are many projects.

VIP likes this.
  13. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I find Kalpasar very much needed project for central gujarat and saurashtra.GIFT is always welcomed.I was in Pune yesterday and my friend there told me that most of the companies will open their offices there and TCS will boost IT sector.Infosys needs 70acres land just beside TCS but it was only 50 acres.So its project is delayed.I guess it would find the land in very short time and Gandhinagar will be an IT hub in future.

aragorn likes this.
  14. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Since Gujarat is a semi-arid state it has a competitive advantage in terms of industries as non-agricultural land is easily available.