Flash mob for a cause

SpArK

SORCERER
Flash mob for a cause

Among many things that Mathew John and Sharath George Benny have in common is the fact that they orchestrated Kerala's first ever flash mob at Oberon Mall in Kochi on Friday.

It was inspired by the recent flash mob in Mumbai, which was a raging success, and other similar events in India and abroad.

Mathew speaks with gusto, "Our aim is to reduce the friction between Kerala and Tamil Nadu over the Mullaperiyar debate. It wasn't the political angle that we focused on; it was the people's views. A flash mob is a fun and novel way of throwing light on an important issue."

Over 150 volunteers gathered to dance for the cause. The atrium was packed with curious spectators and exuberant performers. Ashish George, a student, says, "I am a terrible dancer, but this experience is beyond comparison."

The energy that swelled from the crowd was electric. Some spectators even joined in towards the end.

Choreographer Abin Alexander, taking the task confidently in his stride, says, "Managing such a large group of people was a challenge, but I have always wanted to do this. When my colleagues tell me that they have danced in a flash mob, I can tell them I choreographed one."

It wasn't just teenagers who were part of the spectacle. The youngest dancer, Priyadarshan is only eight years old, while the oldest, John, is 52. There was no difference in the levels of enthusiasm and excitement, between the two.

Beautifully hand-painted banners were displayed reading, 'Not Keralites, Not Tamilians, We are all Indians.

No Hate Mate.' Facebook and Youtube are already buzzing with 'No Hate Mate' slogans and video clips of the event, but for the two young men responsible, it's just the beginning.

The flash mob is the SpArK that Mathew and Sharath hope will set fire to this movement.

SOURCE: Flash mob for a cause | Deccan Chronicle

Last edited by a moderator:

Param

How about having a flash mob in Theni-kumily border?:pound:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Finally Kolkata also joins in the FLash Mob scence

Last edited by a moderator:

SpArK

SORCERER
Flash Mob Calicut (Focus Mall) - Official Video HD