First trip to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I'm afraid that since I don't know anyone who lives in New Delhi, I will have to do sigh-seeing alone. Thanks for the advice, though. I'll keep it in mind :)
When your stay and dates are final let me know.

If possible(if I am free) I would kidnap you and show you few places of my choice even if you don't like those places. (lol jk) :lol:

Senior_Miguel

@rock127 I'm coming on 5th of May. I will probably end up renting a room somewhere at Paharganj. My email is: [email protected], so if you'd like to meet, please contact my in this form. Best!

When your stay and dates are final let me know.

If possible(if I am free) I would kidnap you and show you few places of my choice even if you don't like those places. (lol jk) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

bose

Country flag
@Senior_Miguel if possible try out Indian Food at Kareem's at Old Delhi... I am sure it will be an un forgettable experience... Since I am from the eastern part of the country some 1500 Km's away from Delhi, I can only give suggestions... Hope you have a nice stay in Delhi ...

Senior_Miguel

@bose thanks! unforgettable experience seems quite.. interesting ;-)
@Senior_Miguel if possible try out Indian Food at Kareem's at Old Delhi... I am sure it will be an un forgettable experience... Since I am from the eastern part of the country some 1500 Km's away from Delhi... Hope you have a nice time ...

bose

Country flag
You have to be prepared for big crowds and organized chaos unseen in western world... those can be irritating for Europeans specially if you are first time visitor... The Heat will be unbearable now at time point of time... take lots of water ... temperatures will be around 42 / 43 *C...

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Ohh Dont get your hopes up too much , nowadays Kareem's is more talk then anything , still the Nihari (a kind of mutton stew) is definitely worth a try , try visiting during the morning (8 a.m - 10 a.m) .

The old shop is next to the Jama Masjid.

Senior_Miguel

Ahh..don't worry. Chaos is not anything odd to me, after living more than 20 years in Poland :)
You have to be prepared for big crowds and organized chaos unseen in western world... those can be irritating for Europeans specially if you are first time visitor... The Heat will be unbearable now at time point of time... take lots of water ... temperatures will be around 42 / 43 *C...

sob

Mod
Country flag
@Singh, @sayareakd, @sob I'm coming to New Delhi on 5th of May. If you'd like to (and be able to) meet, please contact me here or by: [email protected] Best!
Hi Michal welcome to Delhi. I will be out of Delhi from the 5th till the 7th. If you are in Delhi from 8th definitely we can meet somewhere.

Last week I met a fellow countryman of yours living in Delhi for some time. He has been learning Kathak Dance from the legendary Birju Maharaj.

Senior_Miguel

I'm staying till 12th of May. So we definitely can meet. :)
Hi Michal welcome to Delhi. I will be out of Delhi from the 5th till the 7th. If you are in Delhi from 8th definitely we can meet somewhere.

Last week I met a fellow countryman of yours living in Delhi for some time. He has been learning Kathak Dance from the legendary Birju Maharaj.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Last couple of days the max temperature has reached 42.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome, don't let the fear mongers here scare you with their tap water logic. If you want a memorable and enjoyable trip, drop your inhibitions and dont be tight assed like a few here suggest. Our country is not different from most others, just a little bit more crowded. You can stay in whatever hotel suits your wallet. Im sure you are adult enough to handle most situations including judging the cleanliness of water.
Indian members - Good job of welcoming a foreigner. You make our country sound like its Pakistan. Pathetic. For those who dont know, there are more thugs per square mile in New York - Queens than in New Delhi. So lay off with the big blooming warning signs.:tsk:
The founder of WAB "Ironduke" came to bangalore and thought tap water was good to drink. He suffered for some time. Nothing wrong in advicing to drink bottled water. Away from home I myself don't drink any water in any hotel or anywhere apart from bottled water after drinking some in Mumbai a few years ago which led to severe diarrhea. Over cautious may be but its better safe than sorry for me.

Rest all good what you said. Enjoy the country.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Paharganj is where you will find very inexpensive accomodation. If you can, book at ginger hotels. Very affordable air conditioned accommodation. http://www.gingerhotels.com/

fyodor

Country flag
it's just simple common sense...no one will drink water from just anywhere, the only folks who do that are people having no choices like an extremely thirsty guy or poor.....so the scare mongering and overtly cautious suggestions for water is weird. you will get bottled mineral water in any other shop

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Senior_Miguel I am travelling at the moment, how long are you in Delhi for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles