First time in India

IBSA

Country flag
when we kiss a girl in india, we get an erection and then we go to a hotel or home. so anything other than kissing, hugging, stalking women will be fine. handshake is good, or just say thank you. in delhi, go see the taj mahal. in pubjab, go visit the rice fields.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I dont know if I get excited so easily with just a kiss

Taj Mahal, as far I know is in Agra/Uttar Pradesh

IBSA

Country flag
both delhi and Panjab has many places related to Military, History & Architecture..............You can search about them on Google .

avoid greeting an unknown Indian woman with a kiss , she can file cases of molestation /sexual harassment :rofl::rofl::rofl:

and yes India is very different from any other Country in this planet so be ready for cultural shock .:)
Cultural shock is exactly what I want. I tired of Brazilian/Western culture, and want to see things very very different. I like bizarre things, just to leave the people with opened mouths :shock: :biggrin2:

IBSA

Country flag
You should be fine in most places as far as safety goes. When in Punjab you can always visit Harmandir Sahib AKA golden temple. You will need to check your shoes in and have your head covered at at all times. The temple has a place to check shoes in and scar pickup to cover your head. no photography inside the main temple and no tobacco/alcohol items allowed inside. Do try the meals served there. The meals are called "Langars". You should also attend the Wagah border ceremony. A change of guard ceremony that happens near the indo-pak border. Near the Chandigarh you can visit Sukhna lake and the Dorahara Fort.
As for Delhi red fort would be a good place to start. India gate and Amar Jawan Jyoti have historical/military significance. The national museum at New Delhi houses several fascinating historical artifacts
While in Delhi beware of "beggars"! do not give any money to them! their sole purpose is to empty your wallet. Always schedule your travels and use a cab company like uber. The tuck tuck/Auto rickshaw drivers might try to fleece you considering you are a foreigner. Don't kiss women(or men) for you might get thrashed by their brother or something. Always plan ahead. India is a chaotic country! As long you know you what you are doing and have planned ahead you will fine :)
I've some familiarity with Sikhs customs. Here in Sao Paulo we have a gurdwara (I posted pics in a thread), and I already gone there, ate Langar and saw their prays.

Wagah Cerimony looks like interesting. If I'm not wrong, this is the only crossplace along the India-Pak border.

An Angry Potato

I've some familiarity with Sikhs customs. Here in Sao Paulo we have a gurdwara (I posted pics in a thread), and I already gone there, ate Langar and saw their prays.

Wagah Cerimony looks like interesting. If I'm not wrong, this is the only crossplace along the India-Pak border.
Wagah is probably the only "safe" place in and around India-Pak border. If you get time in your trip I would advise you to visit a hill station like Shimla or Kufri. It would be a nice change of place and scenery.

KumarG

Country flag
Other than what's already been mentioned, this small pointer should go a long way from keeping you out of the loos / clinics - never ever drink anything which has not been bottled (check caps for tampering on bottled water) or boiled.

IBSA

Country flag
Other than what's already been mentioned, this small pointer should go a long way from keeping you out of the loos - never ever drink anything which has not been bottled (check caps for tampering on bottled water) or boiled.
Water's quality is one of my worries. I heard that Indian standard of hygienics arent so high. I'm afraid of to drink or eat a dirty something and get a diarrhea or another ill. I will carry one water bottle from here.

KumarG

Country flag
Water's quality is one of my worries. I heard that Indian standard of hygienics arent so high. I'm afraid of to drink or eat a dirty something and get a diarrhea or another ill. I will carry one water bottle from here.
You should be ok eating most things since most of Indian food is cooked or fried. But yes, water is something you must watch out for - the residents' digestive systems are largely adapted to the microbes which may wreak havoc on your system.

IBSA

Country flag
buy packaged drinking water in india. it is cheap and safe. get your flu vaccinations before you board the plane. and do try out the street foods of delhi and punjab, they are very good.
I already was vaccinated against yellow feber. I think is the only vaccination that I need for India.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
1. For meditation, Yoga and understand Indian religion - Uttarakhand, Himachal, Parts of UP. By Indian religion i mean Buddhism and Hinduism.

2 .For Drugs and get stoned - Goa,Chandigarh and Delhi

3. For war history - Rajasthan, J&K & Punjab or earlier undivided Punjab

4. For Nature - Himalayan states including Kashmir, western and Eastern Ghats and India island chains

5. For Wildlife - Rajasthan, Uttarkhand, NE and MP

For adventure tourism and tracking - Leh Laddakh, Uttarakhand and Himachal

6. For Indian food - Delhi and Punjab

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
I already was vaccinated against yellow feber. I think is the only vaccination that I need for India.
just avoid mosquitoes & drink clean water + Food ..........there is no Bird flu or Ebola etc in India ............ but dengue is very common so stay away from mosquitoes .

water Bottles Like this are available in almost every shop ...........and consume Food only at a Good restaurants/Hotels ......

use Airlines (if available ) for traveling between cities ...............and Book Your online tickets as early as possible .

Last edited:

Bharat Ek Khoj

If you have traveled any eastern country, i think you would find mostly same. Its basically family culture here, and we dont have separate adult life here (as westerns have).
Avoid kissing in public. Adult luxuries (prostitution,drugs etc) are not legal in most part of india. So better stay away. India is full of historical places, so no matter how long you stay, you will always find time-shortage.

IBSA

Country flag
just avoid mosquitoes & drink clean water + Food ..........there is no Bird flu or Ebola etc in India ............ but dengue is very common so stay away from mosquitoes .
Dengue is a tropical disease and is very common in Brazil too. Every summer gov does public campaigns against the Aedes Egyptii and its virus' transmission: dengue, chikungunya, zika, etc. I never had dengue, but ever seek to avoid static water bodies in my house, which are the mosquito source.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Also don't get trapped by thugs and thieves who can even be little kids.

And Taj Mahal is not the only place which define rich Indian heritage. There are other sites as well 2000 year older than Taj Mahal.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Chandigarh? I wouldn't say it is like Goa. You can get in major trouble for drugs over there. Sure rich spoilt kids still do a lot but it is clandestine.

You didn't mention Chamba :) Stoner's paradise. @aditya10r
Paaji,i have left booze and every such thing after a big problem.

=====================================================

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles