First Pic of INS Arihant

Adux

Country flag
That satellite imagery has been debunked in many a forums for nearly 2 years now. It is not the Arihant.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
INS Arihant is 364' long. This one above is around 250' long. This vessel cannot be Arihant. I also tend to agree with Armand2REP. The picture below is probably photo-shopped by some fake-turd!
Sharp eyes, Armand2REP; just like a real КГБ agent. :salute:
off topic but i want to ask how can original dimension/length can be determined form original/any pics/image

Parthy

Air Warrior
Recognize from Picture!!

Identify the two subs in this map!! Its a map of Vizag dry dock..

bhramos

Country flag
Re: Recognize from Picture!!

both are Kilo Class...
been there and seen them..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
off topic but i want to ask how can original dimension/length can be determined form original/any pics/image
Not off topic at all.

Size
The size of an object is one of the most distinguishing characteristics and one of the more important elements of interpretation. Most commonly, length, width and perimeter are measured. To be able to do this successfully, it is necessary to know the scale of the photo. Measuring the size of an unknown object allows the interpreter to rule out possible alternatives. It has proved to be helpful to measure the size of a few well-known objects to give a comparison to the unknown-object. For example, field dimensions of major sports like soccer, football, and baseball are standard throughout the world. If objects like this are visible in the image, it is possible to determine the size of the unknown object by simply comparing the two.
Aerial photographic and satellite image interpretation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Surely India wasn't making a nuke sub under open skies.

Dinesh_Kumar

i did a quick "monkey measurement" with my fingers, and both Subs are same size, despite the angle of the pic which fools us to think one sub is bigger. Monkey measurement ki jai ! Yusuf is right, Arihant will be only be seen when the powers that be decide that we are ready. I havent even seen a scale model, which Naval HQ usually puts out for display. Only speculation that it looks like a smaller Russian SSBN, with a hump on its back.

Is this Me or the SUB in front (white nose) is smaller when compared to the one behind (maroon Strip)

The Fox

infact I used a scale to measure the length n the length I different

lovehiba1

The below photographs r kilo class subs..even d pic wid arihant banner is also a kilo class as u watch carefully it hass windshil on top..a nuclear sub is big nd it cant be docked so near..pic of arihant is available on google..search carefully

Illusive

Country flag
Is it possible India is also developing an SSN, looking at the size its highly unlikely to be SSN let alone a SSBN though.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I think it's still there in the old pic, but not apparent due to camera angle.

The only difference I think I can make out is the slight hump behind the conning tower ??

Eastman

Country flag
lets wait some more time for a more revealing picture of the submarine :truestory:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles