First Pakistan Made helicopter

Pintu

I agree to your point to a extent that yes it is hyped and looks like a copy of gyrocopter. though the claims seem to be exaggerating but yes they have done a promising thing. Rome wasnt built in day after all....

but your claims about terrorist using them well thats just funny being true. Giving them to terrorist will be most foolish step even Somalia would do exposing oneself to the world about being active in terrorism and giving live proofs. :angry_10:
Agreed Divya, you have a point, they have started a project,& Rome was not built in a day, but please look into what they have started with, they are just beginning with the concept , which is virtually rejected concept for wide use of the application, just see the video which is available with commentary in back ground about the 'gyro' going to take off , though nothing available in the video till 31st sec, only dust and very poor video footage making almost impossible to know , whether the craft actually managed to take off or not , but one thing is clear the gyro is not capable off even STOL, leaving apart VTOL. So version is quite outdated , and even one or many person is going after a outdated concept or not so popular concept they must develop something new, not like a craft trying huddle across a dusty field, and they are talking production in 80 nos. straightaway is uncanny to me. It just points to one thing that there might be a very possibility of them for importing PKR 90 lakh worth kit and then just assembling them locally, and sell 80 potential customers. I don't know whether building block will transform into 'Rome' or a 'Scrap bundle'.

Again I would be very happy to see , if they would follow this guy's footstep, it would be more commendable here :

http://www.goodcleantech.com/2007/10/nigerian_undergrad_builts_heli_1.php

Monday October 22, 2007
Nigerian Undergrad Builds Helicopter From Secondhand Parts

Categories:

News and Events, Recycling
Tags:

DIY, helicopters, reuse

Quite a while ago, I wrote about this young South African who built his own paraglider from plastic bags, string, and other trash-to-treasure stuff he was able to salvage. Gizmodo points us towards an example of a similar impulse taken to the nth degree: a 24-year-old Nigerian undergrad who built his own helicopter out of salvaged car and bike parts.

It took Muhammed Abdullahi eight months to build this helicopter (pictured). It's motored by a 133 hp engine from a Honda Civic, and features an ignition, accelerator lever, joystick, camera, and transmitter. And that's... about it. It's never flown higher than seven feet.

He's now working on a new model, that can go higher (15 feet) for longer (three hours). Wow.
Now, I think Pakistan has the very past bad records about proliferation , and the Civilian Authority there virtually having no control over Army-ISI-Terrorist nexus, and since this potential gyro would find little market among elites , since it was commercially failure in Europe & USA, that might well go into the hand of the terror network, there are nothing to compare it with Somalia, PA just exporting terror out side of their country, while in Somalia virtually any govt. or state security agency exists, it only depends on UN for administration. Also, there are many sites across the web which simply gives idea to make deadlier weapons, so this tool might be handy for the terror groups. One thing we must remember dynamite was invented for the purpose of mining or blasting rock for making tunnel for communication, but also the same dynamite was used by Al Capone gang.

Regards and Best wishes

Last edited:

divya

With all due respect ma'am, Pakistan is the most desperate state trying to create unrest in India through proxies.
Agreed 100%
Pakistan doesn't even spare it's new born babies teaching them Jihadim.
Not agreed. No its plain wrong to say that every new born kid in Pakistan is taught to blow themselves up. Its just Indian mindset just like Pakistani mindset about general populace of India.

Home Minister did talk of para-gliders being bought by the LeT for aerial attacks in India after 26/11, no? If there were no credible evidence, Mr. Chidambaram would not had made that comment.
Oh well our politicians also said mumbai will be better than shanghai by 2010 and that too by PM... Sorry cannot trust these politicians specially anone from congress. They say what public wants to hear.
However funny Mr. Pintu's comments may seem to be, the truth of threat perception cannot be marginalised, when we are talking about Jihadim's from Pakistan.
Agreed that there is threat perception. But using these stupid gyro for attacks is just lame. Because first they cannot cross into India with them just like that. Second the nature of attack they do it does not fit in the equation. They are not going to bombard cities using this stupid thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pintu

^^^ Divya , I never mentioned like a laughing stock that gyro would cross India to bombard city, was 9/11 aircraft flew directly from Pakistan and violated US airspace to bomb the structure, just law of the physics applied to huge loss of human life & property, this gyros are easy to smuggle in, and there are moles everywhere, I think you may assume now , what I mean. The potential target would not only be Pakistan's neighbourhood, but anti terror establishment in that country itself.

Regards

Last edited:

divya

^^^ Divya , I never mentioned like a laughing stock that gyro would cross India to bombard city, was 9/11 aircraft flew directly from Pakistan and violated there airspace to bomb the structure, just law of he physics applied to huge loss of human life & property, this gyros are easy to smuggle in, and there are moles everywhere, I think you may assume now , what I mean.

Regards

Ok agreed but what is the possibility of attack with such a device. Definitely they cant do an Ariel attack not cannot transport things using that because laws in air are more stringent then they are on ground.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Not agreed. No its plain wrong to say that every new born kid in Pakistan is taught to blow themselves up. Its just Indian mindset just like Pakistani mindset about general populace of India.
Its your own perception for not agreeing with that Divya!!! But the sources and proof says that Schools and Universities are turned out to be preaching mainly lessons on Jihadi.. sometime back I've seen a video on youtube where some children where not even able to write "What's ur name" in urudu.. But they spoke about jihadi

some site on it - http://www.jihadwatch.org/2004/10/pakistani-kids-imbibe-lessons-on-jihad.html

Agreed that there is threat perception. But using these stupid gyro for attacks is just lame. Because first they cannot cross into India with them just like that. Second the nature of attack they do it does not fit in the equation. They are not going to bombard cities using this stupid thing.
Yes agreed this cannot fly across India and the nature of attack might not fit in the equation but it fits perfectly in a back-pack, so that it can be carried and assembled cross border... :emot15:

Pintu

In 9/11 , both the aircrafts turned into suicide bomber, I think we have heard about LTTE suicide air squads, only armed with propeller powered plane against Israeli made fighters of SLAF. Human brain can also be destructive and creative at the same time.

Regards

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Even in the video you can clearly see it has crash landed and the great paki fake media claiming it has capable of flying at the height of 17,000 feet with a top speed of 190 kph.ha ha ha
They also said it was a two seater... clearly not.

divya

Its your own perception for not agreeing with that Divya!!! But the sources and proof says that Schools and Universities are turned out to be preaching mainly lessons on Jihadi.. sometime back I've seen a video on youtube where some children where not even able to write "What's ur name" in urudu.. But they spoke about jihadi

some site on it - http://www.jihadwatch.org/2004/10/pakistani-kids-imbibe-lessons-on-jihad.html
First the source which you have posted is an anti-islam site which just preaches hate for the muslims. all the articles in the given site are anti islam so cannot be taken as creditable source. Nor the 15 million Indian muslims are gonna buy this source. Second if you want i can give you links for the curriculum of what is being taught in Pakistan though there is little distortion in our and their version of history. but who doesnt do that.

Yes agreed this cannot fly across India and the nature of attack might not fit in the equation but it fits perfectly in a back-pack, so that it can be carried and assembled cross border... :emot15:
What next clone army from star wars. :emot158:

Pintu

Absolutely yes. However , I think we are now better stick to the topic, since the aircraft turns out not being exactly reverse what it was projected and fruitfulness of the programme still in the question, I think we would now better discuss any upcoming aeronautical project of Pakistan in dedicated threads, if either any other news or development of this gyro be aired, that might be posted in this thread , in my opinion or else I think we can continue the discussion of 'curse of science' in any dedicated forum.

Regards and best wishes.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
They will never talk shit about this know..............

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This news item aim is to boost the morale of the people esp the youth already reeling under prospects of a bleak future and severe economic stress.
Entirely possible they imported a gyrocopter kit and call it made in Pak, like they did with their missiles, nukes and planes. By the way Pakistan makes the best planes like JF17 and missiles that never fail, how come this ?

PS: It was not school children or college students that made it. One of the guy involved was a PAF officer.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

This is awesome, you can fly over traffic.. :emot15:

Agantrope

What a day for me start with!

If this is helicopter then wtf will be a fighter aircraft??

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
What a day for me start with!

If this is helicopter then wtf will be a fighter aircraft??
What about attack helicopter?

This is Dhruv and its combat version

This is going to be theirs....

^^^^^

Watch this video!!

:emot15::emot15:

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
Hi,
When I saw the video, I just came out of a thread where someone was criticizing LCA. Then he find this about his own country and goes gung-ho. Look how attitude changes. I have doubt they made it, even blades need some manufacturing setup. I heard there are kits available in US. That is the reason they are thinking about selling it. Pakistan is master of buying off the shelf and calling it home made. Nuke, Missiles, JF17 are few examples.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The very first helicopter by Sikorski was better.

pmaitra

One can buy a jet engine for a large RC plane for around $500. It is not too difficult to procure a jet engine and convert it into a turbo-shaft. This helicopter seems to have been assembled in Pakistan not manufactures. In any angle, it is a good hobby as long as it's not used to ferry terrorists across the fence - as Robert Frost said, "good fences make good neighbours"!

One example of a RC Jet:

And a light flier, a gyrocopter:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles